• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

I've been saving Steamspy data per month (e.g. Dec 1st till Jan 1st for the month of December) to look at how specific titles sell on a monthly basis and to examine 'legs'.

Title: 1st-month 2nd-month etc. Here's an example for some. Data is up to March 1st.

Code:
[B]R6 Siege[/B]: 260,957   111,060    69,960
[B]Hurtworld[/B]: 198,713  54,554   66,363
[B]Squad[/B]: 90,892   50,757   20,648
[B]LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY® XIII[/B]:  63,676   13,250   2,777
[B]GUILTY GEAR Xrd -SIGN-[/B]: 52,347   6,479   3,835
I am eagerly awaiting the day the Korean rating board leaks GG Revelator for PC. 60k units sold without a major discount should be a really solid number of sales for an anime fighting game on PC.

Lain

If you're going for a less expensive one, I can recommend Sharkoon Fireglider. I'm very satisfied with it.

I'm loving my Logitech G502 Proteus mouse. I would say go with that.

I'm a big fan of the Mionix Naos 7000. A nice big mouse that you can use palmed if that's the way you grip your mouse.

Loving my Logitech G600

Have problem with dps suddenly down to 200 and made it impossible to use but successfully fix it with software update

Looked these up and ended up ordering a G502. Seemed like the perfect replacement for the G500 I'm using.
Thanks for the suggestions, having some specific mouse to look up instead of trying to nab down some specific ones really helped.

Looked these up and ended up ordering a G502. Seemed like the perfect replacement for the G500 I'm using.
Thanks for the suggestions, having some specific mouse to look up instead of trying to nab down some specific ones really helped.

That's the mouse I use. Good choice!

Protip: the wobbily mousewheel can be toggled on or off by the button directly below, to allow for smoother, faster scrolling; it is not a defect. I learned this the wrong way.

yuraya

Steam peaked at nearly 13 million concurrent today. 12.8 to be exact.

I was expecting 13 million during Summer seal but looks like it will reach that long before.

Steam is becoming really big :O

zkylon

zkylewd
man this one is rough

CmqsKO5.png

Mivey

man this one is rough
Are you joking? I see an obvious solution, but am not going to tell it. Figuring stuff out is all this game is about, spoiling it would be tantamount to robbing you of the money you payed for it.
Edit:
Well, not too obvious, but when you look back at this stuff it always seems so.

Mivey

it's not a joke -___-

i've been stuck here for like half an hour
Just think about different partitions. Usually you only get stuck when you don't think "flexibly" enough, try to turn the tables, approach a problem from a new perspective.

yuraya

So many pranking uncles.

It would actually be pretty cool to see where this growth keeps coming from.

Is it new millennials? Is it console gamers bored with the new gen? Is it MOBA fans looking for Dota fix? Is it anime fans who are buying up all these weird anime games?

Too bad its probably impossible for Valve to find out unless they do some in depth survey for new users.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Wasteland 2 Director's Cut -- MB-8B89E1497E755B7B - Taken by Sch1sm. 22 entrants total.

t1457318365z1.png

I've been saving Steamspy data per month (e.g. Dec 1st till Jan 1st for the month of December) to look at how specific titles sell on a monthly basis and to examine 'legs'.

Title: 1st-month 2nd-month etc. Here's an example for some. Data is up to March 1st.

Code:
[B]R6 Siege[/B]: 260,957   111,060    69,960
[B]Hurtworld[/B]: 198,713  54,554   66,363
[B]Squad[/B]: 90,892   50,757   20,648
[B]LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY® XIII[/B]:  63,676   13,250   2,777
[B]GUILTY GEAR Xrd -SIGN-[/B]: 52,347   6,479   3,835
What happened with Hurtworld between Feb and Mar? o_O

Finally got a chance to play Crawl as a few friends came over.

That game is so, so great. It's a bit light on bosses at the moment (Early Access), but the game flows great, each game lasts the right amount of time, and it's really easy to pick up the mechanics. Lots of great "shouting at your friends" moments.

Danganronpa is selling poorly? That sucks, it was really good.

It think it's doing fine. It has over 27,000 owners in the first month. Before, both Danganronpa games for the Vita sold 200,000 combined in the west. I'm sure it'll get their by the end of the year.

Annubis

I know TitS:FC has an abysmal 'finish the game' rate but I'm wondering about PoE.
I recall it being said that most people never finished the BG games.

bbd23

after many attempts I think im getting into dark souls 2....beat two bosses so far....then fell off a cliff on my way to the third and lost 17000 souls.

fuck this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
after many attempts I think im getting into dark souls 2....beat two bosses so far....then fell off a cliff on my way to the third and lost 17000 souls.

fuck this.

Losing a big chunk of souls is a rite of passage anyway

Grief.exe

The Division preload is complete.

The hype got me. I'm ready. Too bad I don't have any uPlay friends....

They are adding functionality to alleviate the issue. Of course, the most comprehensive fix would be to simply remove Uplay entirely.

“Since the game is social at its core, we worked closely with the Uplay team to ensure that players will be able to play with their friends and also find new ones easily," Ubisoft said in a PC-centric blog post about The Division.

"Uplay now lets you invite your Steam friends into your Uplay Friends list and find people you recently played with. Your Uplay Friends list will also allow you to see when your friends are online and send them an invite or join their session seamlessly.”

I know TitS:FC has an abysmal 'finish the game' rate but I'm wondering about PoE.

Most people don't finish games period. Longer RPGs just have worse finish rates.

Parsnip

fuck this.

I know it feels like a lot now, but in a few hours that amount will be chump change.

Dsyndrome

fuck this.

It only gets better.
I'm part of the majority, I won't stop though, and I'll be back in with BG once Siege of Dragonspear gets released.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of shagg_187, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pillars of Eternity: The White March DLC #(This key includes both Part I & II, with Part II activating upon release) -- MB-7AFE14FE5C60C868 - Taken by corrosivefrost. 77 entrants total.
Pillars of Eternity: The White March DLC #(This key includes both Part I & II, with Part II activating upon release) #3 -- MB-FED141390FA33E07 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 71 entrants total.
Pillars of Eternity: The White March DLC #(This key includes both Part I & II, with Part II activating upon release) #2 -- MB-6BF5C7188180199E - Taken by Rafy. 67 entrants total.

t1457362403z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom