• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Momodora finished, I'll copy-paste the review I posted for it on Steam:

A charming mix between a metroidvania and a platformer with some challenging boss fights.

One of the aspects I enjoyed the most, apart from the gameplay, were the idle animations for Kaho, our character. The yawning, tipping her shoes and all the other ones. The little details like the idle animations really added a lot of charm to this game and added a lot of charm to the silent main character.

The game isn't too long but the New Game + mode unlocked at the end is sure to add even more hours. It took me a little more than 8 hours to complete my play-through since I went for a complete 100% map and secret items right on the first run, plus I got my behind handed to me by more than one boss.

The boss fights are challenging. Some more than others. I laughed the first time I got to fight the Witch boss.

The story is... OK. Nothing particularly great but it works well in establishing the setting, especially thanks to the conversations with the various NPCs present in the game and the way those are delivered.
I also liked how various events take place throughout our journey that could be easily missed without exploring a little and how certain choices can affect some of them.

This game was fully worth its price and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a short but challenging metroidvania-lite game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"your windows 10 update is scheduled for march 10th 11pm"

wait what? no....no I dont want windows 10, wtf MS fuck off

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

but you do.

all your files are exactly where you left them

win 10 has some issues, turn off many of the hidden settings and it's ok.

jediyoshi

but you do.

all your files are exactly where you left them

win 10 has some issues, turn off many of the hidden settings and it's ok.

ztDASxU.png

Ah yes, all those files.

Full price =/= bad, it just means you're paying in money rather than time to play the game sooner. :p

I know, and I will probably will buy it anyways, because I heard nothing but good about this game. It just that I been so good with not buying a single game at full price in months.

Knurek

You've gotta be fucking kidding.

Well, you're the developer, so you have access to accurate data.
SteamSpy uses statistical analysis of a set sample (you'd have to ask the owner for the actual amount sampled daily). There's no way to not have errors for small data.

Corpekata

Banned
RPG Maker games are popular on tumblr?

Do people just throw word salad together to say things look bad? Toss in flash game while you're at it. Maybe mobile too.

Knurek

I'm looking at it right now. It's not accurate.

Unless Valve's NDA prohibits you from sharing, you're free to contact Galyonkin (he has an account here) and ask him if it's possible to have a more accurate data on your product's page.
(Otherwise, you can ask him to hide data from public if you feel they don't need to see it).

It's that failmid time of the week again meaning free steam game (before you groan there is no joining 28 steam groups here, just having to bare with a site that can't handle the load) and this week it is a fucking Tales of game (Tales of
the Orient: The Rising Sun
that is :p).

So, why is Steamspy saying I've sold 444 copies?

That is nowhere near correct.
It is basically a political survey and those can be wrong (but they're mostly right so better than nothing). Case examples:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewey_Defeats_Truman
http://www.theweek.co.uk/election-2015/62834/election-polls-2015-what-went-wrong

There is also the matter that due to computer processing power (and possibly API limitations) only so many profiles can be scraped at a given time. You can find more info in the articles linked here:
http://steamspy.com/about

RPG Maker games are full of RNGesus.
Great you've given me traumatic flashbacks to Angels of Fasaria where after about 5 minutes into the game enemy physical attacks rarely hit or hurt and your physical attacks felt like that had about 60% accuracy so battles would be a long string of constantly missing for both sides. It gets worse when enemies get status spells that are way too potent so you can only attack once every several turns. Of course sometimes there would be that one enemy who could one shot the entire party with one of its abilities but otherwise practically everything in the game was harmless after you get past the first 5 minutes. What is QA? At least the podcasts I was listening to while playing were good. Of course I've not played the most recent update of it so maybe these issues are fixed (but probably not). I think the achievement is still impossible to get (as it is related to an MMO that used to come with the hame because that is what greenlight is for, sidelining a completely separate game in)

Dr Dogg

The Division preload is complete.

The hype got me. I'm ready. Too bad I don't have any uPlay friends....

Well you could add Steam Sign In to Uplay and then you can import your Steam Friends who have also paired the two together an it will send them all and invite. Or if I can be bothered I could do a form submission and spreadsheet in Google Docs like I did for Street Fighter V so everyone can add a Uplay 'friend' or 3 for The Divisioning.

Only thing for it is to burn you computer down.

"there's this thing on top of us, i don't know what it is and i don't give a shit, go check it out"

ok

Dead Space is the most innovative Scare-Em-Shooty-Up in decades.

Actually it's little old Dead Space's 8th birthday this year. Gosh doesn't time fly.

Anteater

Dead Space is the most innovative Scare-Em-Shooty-Up in decades.

Actually it's little old Dead Space's 8th birthday this year. Gosh doesn't time fly.

it's been 9 years since the first bioshock

i finished it like this year

and copons is still wussy to play it even after a decade

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
This is what happens when lashman isnt on gaf
This game was up for a week now

he is complaining about the atrocious image quality :)

edit: or do you mean Lashman would have pointed that out earlier, then yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom