• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

reposting from SV OT

Stardew Valley is number 1 rated 2016 steam game and... it's 8th on all time best rated games on steam, just bellow One Finger Dead Punch.
Totally deserved

fake edit: OMG that wall of pics

Just saw Zelliard alive and kicking in the UFC thread, I guess he just hates steamgaf now, only explanation.

I blame hero prinny
tumblr_n18bkokU801rrkahjo3_400.gif

you should be thanking me.
#killtheprinnies
Ban Hero Prinny
0a63fe2494.gif

tumblr_m8slfgJIdJ1qk6vrmo1_r1_400.gif

Teggy

Yes, that pull request has been approved and this will show up in the next release of Enhanced Steam on app pages.

BTW I should mention that on my gaming PC (the only Windows PC I own) I have switched the default browser from Edge to Chrome and set the home page to enhanced steam.

I think my #1 enhancement request right now is ability to get a list of your games by release date. Not sure if that's possible, but there are some standalone apps that do it.

Also, I still have never won anything from Modbot (outside of one free-for-all I got at some point in the past). Modbot hates me :'(

oipic

An IPO is in the cards for Paradox Interactive, as chief Fredrik Wester took to Twitter today to confirm that the 17-year-old company intends to go public this year.

On face value, not good news at all, but details are lacking at this stage, admittedly. It's very difficult to maintain the ethos that runs through an independent firm when having to be accountable to shareholders, though. Bold move, in any case.

Wok

The game that I wanted the most this year was The Witness.

Now that I have finished it, my next expectation is Obduction, rather than NMS, which I believe will be underwhelming.

1,300,000 dollars raised on Kickstarter, with 22K backers.

ok so basically
it's like the hunger games meets far cry
  • you and 15 others are dropped into an island (free-for-all or 8xteams of 2)
  • you gather supplies like weapons and tools that help you hunt down others
  • you can find crates and shit to open in game for shit (not csgo like actual crates)
  • there's random air drops that annnounce where they're going so the players converge if they know the location, otherwise they search for it (no map or objective markers, just a compass)
  • if you can pick it up, you can kill someone with it

also, animations are really well done from what i can see, it runs great, and there's a lot of unlockable character customization items

I wish there were games like this for single players. I'd like something like this: Bigger arenas, multiple trap types, weapons with attachments found in-world, decoy bait like fake loot crates or speakers that you can play the gunfire sounds through, wildlife that can attack you, etc.

I remember playing the Spy vs. Spy NES game when I was a kid and loved how traps remained even when you left the room and sometimes getting caught in your own devices. It was so fun and funny to me.

Dammit. 2016 is now the worst year.

At least we'll always have Stellaris, Crusader Kings II, and, indirectly, Cities: Skylines.

Nothing says good news for a niche PC publisher like a peanut gallery of assholes that only care about profit making the decisions. Please be excited for the hot new multiplayer F2P FPS Crusaders Kings III: Medieval Combat and Cities: Skylines 2 for Ipad.

Annubis

I wish there were games like this for single players. I'd like something like this: Bigger arenas, multiple trap types, weapons with attachments found in-world, decoy bait like fake loot crates or speakers that you can play the gunfire sounds through, wildlife that can attack you, etc.

I remember playing the Spy vs. Spy NES game when I was a kid and loved how traps remained even when you left the room and sometimes getting caught in your own devices. It was so fun and funny to me.

Has there ever been a Battle Royal kind of game?

Thinking about it, it could be amazing.
I imagine it with a social system that'd be like the nemesis system of Shadow of Mordor.

Nothing says good news for a niche PC publisher like a peanut gallery of assholes that only care about profit making the decisions. Please be excited for the hot new multiplayer F2P FPS Crusaders Kings III: Medieval Combat and Cities: Skylines 2 for Ipad.

I wonder if this move is because they're hurting for funds (long-term) due to some of the projects they've dropped over the last year. That FPS from this week whose name I've already forgotten, Runemaster, plus whatever else, and Victoria III getting bumped (IIRC) probably impacted their bottom line. Which is where Stellaris and its rather rapid development comes in, by all accounts locked for Q2 2016.

Although this doesn't really line up with them buying White Wolf last year, so I dunno.

Very interesting, it's been a while since I play a snowboarding game.
Searched for similar games on Steam, found this.

It's a f2p game that has been on early access since 2013.

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/705093988550742016

Aaron Greenberg of Microsoft:
To buy a PC with Xbox One specs would cost roughly 3 times the price of an Xbox One

Whatever you say, mister.

I wonder if this move is because they're hurting for funds (long-term) due to some of the projects they've dropped over the last year. That FPS from this week whose name I've already forgotten, Runemaster, plus whatever else, and Victoria III getting bumped (IIRC) probably impacted their bottom line. Which is where Stellaris and its rather rapid development comes in, by all accounts locked for Q2 2016.

Although this doesn't really line up with them buying White Wolf last year, so I dunno.

Yeah I don't know, on the outside looking in it doesn't seem like a smart move considering their reputation and style of game they make, it's the exact opposite of what a public company would make. If the situation is dire enough than I would rather them be made public and survive than go belly up or something.

The Paradox thread in main seems to indicate they are looking to expand more so maybe they are in good shape.

Of course, I then remember when Cd Projekt Red almost folded when they overexpanded. The name of the game that could have killed them, The Witcher: White Wolf.

Arthea

and it's done, I dare Trulon suck, I dare it!

to celebrate this, a little giveaway
as far as I know, this game was never bundled, it never was given away in the steam thread also, and it's a game steamgaf deserves, definitely, that's why it's a mystery

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arthea, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

It's a mystery -- MB-25594B59ABEFB2A8 - Taken by neonglow. 38 entrants total.

t1457402189z1.png

Bear Simulator is my guess.
The Paradox thread in main seems to indicate they are looking to expand more so maybe they are in good shape.

Of course, I then remember when Cd Projekt Red almost folded when they overexpanded. The name of the game that could have killed them, The Witcher: White Wolf.

Widescreen Gaming (the porting studio) screwed CDPR during the porting process, either through inexperience or greed.
And yeah, it nearly killed CDPR.

I just don't see a world where Paradox's games and mobile fit together, not even if it's a microtransaction hell. Unless the idea is to make new studios for that stuff, their output for The Things That Matter™ will suffer--and this is unacceptable.

It's such a bummer.

jtb

Banned
I would actually kill for a proper port of Paradox mainline games (ie. EU, HOI, Vicky, CK) to iOS. But it would have to be iPad only, probably.

and it's done, I dare Trulon suck, I dare it!

to celebrate this, a little giveaway
as far as I know, this game was never bundled, it never was given away in the steam thread also, and it's a game steamgaf deserves, definitely, that's why it's a mystery

Must be Bad Rats 2 early dev copy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom