• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

EA published it back in the day and owns the rights.

Regardless, you know what they mean, PC strategy games.

Okay, just picked up Nioh but I'm hooked on Overwatch still and I have yet to start the Witness but I want to see what the Nier fuss is about since I missed the first one and now my old PS3 is red screening.

Embarrassment of riches, in a way.

The last thing I need to read is about some asshole saving 27k by not spending her money on superfluous stuff. I want to be found dead in my backlog.

Vibranium

Banned
That game was mirrors edge before mirrors edge, forcing a first person perspective always. Shame the game itself is very flawed. If they put more work into it or revived it today, it would probably be pretty great

Yeah, while it may not be a "great" game, it really did something different and those ideas could totally be reworked for a modern title. I will be waiting for my first-person martial arts/shooter hybrid whenever someone wants to make it (and no, not Devil's Third). Cut the platforming though, that looks very annoying.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

123 Slaughter Me Street -- MB-179918C74A41EFC6 - Taken by Vlad
Daedalus: No Escape -- MB-CC8981061C588750 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek -- MB-7BDF1444823FA3B5 - Taken by Mikaju
Left in the Dark: No One on Board -- MB-CF392E424C7EBE58 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
MechaNika -- MB-9E76ED2EA2C64C6C - Taken by darkchewie
Mr. Bree Plus -- MB-FAD48CE1B8A76382 - Taken by Platy
Phoenix Force -- MB-8C8C6718F1E1D226 - Taken by Vuze
Silent Service -- MB-BCB03AEA1D4889DC - Taken by Vuze
Starlord -- MB-D083A0DDE72FBFB1 - Taken by spindoctor
Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Spectres -- MB-F0B97410D64A01ED - Taken by Parsnip
Wyv and Keep: Temple of the Lost Idol -- MB-3C3FD5EDA63D08DF - Taken by nightstorm

Nzyme32

Playing Hollow Knight gives me the same feeling I got when I played Super Metroid for the first time. That sense of awe from the atmosphere, music, creatures, exploration and gradual progression, is so good. And better still are the extra twists the game brings with it's mix of some souls mechanics, characters to talk to and other things. Great stuff

Sarcasm

What is a good CoOp game (ONLINE) to play with someone? Friend seems really down today and I need to suggest something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Done. He'll probably think I'm some nerd for correcting his spelling, but I hope he at least appreciates that I don't want his ads to look unprofessional.

We all think you're a nerd. In a hat.

Somenerdinahat.

Coldsun

Banned
Sorry about that. Fixed. I have some ms store credit and was seeing if they had any SSDs worth putting in my gaming PC. As you can tell by what was in the link, the options are not good.

Well if its MS store credit, I guess the existing options aren't terrible. Then again, I totally get where your coming from too (and it reminds me that I need to be on the lookout for more SSDs soon too).

I always pictured you as a hat wearing Turkish autocrat for some reason. Huh.

It hasn't happened in a while, but I used to get PMs from Turks asking if I was also Turkish, based on my avatar. I had to very sheepishly tell them that I just googled "some guy in a hat" and chose the classiest looking one.

For a while I did consider a more gaming-related one, such as the guy from Fez, with an NPC telling him "Nice hat." but...I've kinda grown attached to Kemal Ataturk now.

Anno

Playing Hollow Knight gives me the same feeling I got when I played Super Metroid for the first time. That sense of awe from the atmosphere, music, creatures, exploration and gradual progression, is so good. And better still are the extra twists the game brings with it's mix of some souls mechanics, characters to talk to and other things. Great stuff

Glad you're enjoying it. Now you can see why I'm giving away multiple copies! It deserves to be played by as many people as possible.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Came to share this. Saw it on Wario64's Twitter... Is he no longer on NeoGAF by the way?

He's still on GAF but hasn't posted in a year or so. Which kinda makes sense, his job is this stuff (this is a compliment--he's clearly the best source online for this stuff), and he makes a living off affiliate links, which we don't allow people to post.

BlakeofT

Man. Every time I see Hollow Knight mentioned I get the urge to buy it. I gotta get through some other stuff first though! Ahhhh!

Teggy

A woman with just an initial as her last name? How dare you besmirch the name of Melissa K.! But seriously, that's the only hidden object game I know that does that. Most of the protagonists are lucky to have a name at all.

Also, for the record, Brink of Consciousness games are not too bad. Just be prepared to backtrack a lot.

Funny, I thought I had seen some other games like that :). There is also the aptly named Elizabeth Find, M.D.

Made some good progress in Hollow Knight, although what I thought was a boss turned out to just be a mini boss. I think I've got about 15 hours in the game and feel like I'm only scratching the surface.

zkylon

zkylewd
Gs9KR1s.png

so uh, mankind divided got bugged and now this message follows me everywhere

i feel a bit insulted by this game -___-

enbred

Banned
He's still on GAF but hasn't posted in a year or so. Which kinda makes sense, his job is this stuff (this is a compliment--he's clearly the best source online for this stuff), and he makes a living off affiliate links, which we don't allow people to post.

Strange that he wouldn't make any posts in a year, I kind of remember him being quite active (I'm a long time lurker, only recently let in the gate). I mean most of us have jobs too but we still post on GAF because we enjoy doing it.

tuxfool

Banned
Strange that he wouldn't make any posts in a year, I kind of remember him being quite active (I'm a long time lurker, only recently let in the gate). I mean most of have jobs too but we still post on GAF because we enjoy doing it.

Don't tell *anybody* but I only post under duress.

Portable Steam Machine when?

tbh I kinda believe Valve should have done that instead of the Steam Machine. Console owners weren't feeling it, PC owners won't feeling it, but I bet they could appeal to the crowd that wants their games to be portable. Especially with the rise of niche Japanese games on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom