• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluth54

They should first put in a better screen. 720p is kind of meh in 2017. Hell, even just 1080p on a what? 9 inch device is kind of cutting it low.

Honestly having played 5-6 hours of Zelda on the Switch over the past few days I think the screen size and resolution are fine.

zkylon

zkylewd
mankind divided is a really strange game

i think i'm gonna skip all the prague stuff and run directly to the main missions, i feel like out of my 18~ hours with the game i've spent like 14 just exploring prague and i think i have nothing meaningful to show for it, all the sidequests and the loot and environmental storytelling are all very underwhelming, and while i'm not someone that cares so much for classic "immersion", but robbing people blind right in their face just feels awkward for a game that's supposed to be an immersive sim. like, why not put some ai checks on them so that you're not allowed to just walk past them into their basements and come back with all their loot. it just feels weird.

the part where i just like infiltrated some enemy base knocking people out and hiding from cameras and hacking computers and turning invisible and shit is all great, but i really dislike all the prague stuff

really strange structure this game

Repost because i forgot to set AUTOREPOST...
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-060E8C53AEC1C3AE - Taken by Kudo. 15 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Project CARS -- MB-0683207CED8889FB - Taken by InquisitorAles. 36 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Ryse: Son of Rome -- MB-F159E37ACA1A54DC - Taken by EdmondD. 33 entrants total.
ADR1FT -- MB-F427C2D9D0D68D72 - Taken by Catshade. 34 entrants total.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn(Non-Steam) -- MB-424DE02247AD06A8 - Taken by kakashi08. 11 entrants total.
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse -- MB-1311FE9C679848F7 - Taken by Large Professor. 18 entrants total.
Slime Rancher (Early Access) -- MB-B0310B09A99AD4C9 - Taken by Eila. 54 entrants total.
XCOM 2 -- MB-1074D4FAD831120A - Taken by Zeknurn. 53 entrants total.

t1488739601z1.png

Teggy

mankind divided is a really strange game

i think i'm gonna skip all the prague stuff and run directly to the main missions, i feel like out of my 18~ hours with the game i've spent like 14 just exploring prague and i think i have nothing meaningful to show for it, all the sidequests and the loot and environmental storytelling are all very underwhelming, and while i'm not someone that cares so much for classic "immersion", but robbing people blind right in their face just feels awkward for a game that's supposed to be an immersive sim. like, why not put some ai checks on them so that you're not allowed to just walk past them into their basements and come back with all their loot. it just feels weird.

the part where i just like infiltrated some enemy base knocking people out and hiding from cameras and hacking computers and turning invisible and shit is all great, but i really dislike all the prague stuff

really strange structure this game

The thing about Prague is that most places seem to be linked to a quest in some way so it's not really worth exploring beforehand. I did a lot of mucking around and hacking open storage containers only to find out that later quests sent me to the exact same places or provided me with codes to those same storage containers.

Pachimari

Love you too kagamin!

So, I've been playing Hitman since the first game, but I've never been particularly good at it. The last time I completed a mission was back in Hitman: Codename 47... so yeah. I'm playing the latest Hitman and I am confused and have no idea what to do. I've discovered a guy having a resemblance to me in the Paris level, wearing face paint, that I can disguise myself as to get to Dalia, but I don't wanna get to the girl on the second floor. I wanna eliminate that stupid Novikov guy but I can't get close to him. I couldn't even poison the sushi for some reason.

I'm the world's worst contractor.

Durante

No idea, barely looked into the GPD Win.
Is it a good buy?
Out of the abundant options for portable PC gaming, it's by far the best.

Joking aside, it's a pretty good device at its price. Of course, you cannot expect to play high-end games natively, but you can stream those and play the vast majority of the Steam library (most indies and all older games) natively.

Tizoc

Love you too kagamin!

So, I've been playing Hitman since the first game, but I've never been particularly good at it. The last time I completed a mission was back in Hitman: Codename 47... so yeah. I'm playing the latest Hitman and I am confused and have no idea what to do. I've discovered a guy having a resemblance to me in the Paris level, wearing face paint, that I can disguise myself as to get to Dalia, but I don't wanna get to the girl on the second floor. I wanna eliminate that stupid Novikov guy but I can't get close to him. I couldn't even poison the sushi for some reason.

Hitman '16 is pretty open ended on how you want to complete a level be it ghost or going all full assassin murdering everyone in your path

voodooray

Spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for voodooray:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Catch a Falling Star -- MB-C461EA672C631036 - Taken by Wok
Freebie -- MB-27EF518F485378AE - Taken by T-Rex.
Super Mustache -- MB-61EB76A7267327DE - Taken by Loptous
The Grandfather -- MB-BDA457D70DBAED0F - Taken by nightstorm

Love you too kagamin!

If you're having trouble with a target, go to the options menu and make sure Opportunities are enabled. Then just explore the map and at certain places the game will give you some hints on how to proceed.

In general you get better at the game the more you play it. As you learn the map, you'll discover new paths, guard patrol routes and new item locations that will help you move around in stealth and perform different actions. This trailer pretty accurately depicts how the new player experience evolves over time (and it even has a hint on how to take out Novikov). Eventually you will reach the point where you will complete the mission and no one will even know that the targets are dead.

AHA-Lambda

Out of the abundant options for portable PC gaming, it's by far the best.

Joking aside, it's a pretty good device at its price. Of course, you cannot expect to play high-end games natively, but you can stream those and play the vast majority of the Steam library (most indies and all older games) natively.

Hmm I'll give it a little look then :)

I just seem to recall it having this semblance of being a joke or a scam around it for some time :/
Unless I'm misremembering it with something else

Edit: where the hell can you buy one? :/
All I see from google is eBay links :/

dex3108

Just finished Clockwork Mansion in Dishonored 2 (it took me around 4 hours to explore whole level) and I finished it without pulling any leavers. That means I didn't saw that part of the level in full glory. But that just shows how good is the level. I will play it again few more times for sure.

Pachimari

Hitman '16 is pretty open ended on how you want to complete a level be it ghost or going all full assassin murdering everyone in your path

If you're having trouble with a target, go to the options menu and make sure Opportunities are enabled. Then just explore the map and at certain places the game will give you some hints on how to proceed.

In general you get better at the game the more you play it. As you learn the map, you'll discover new paths, guard patrol routes and new item locations that will help you move around in stealth and perform different actions. This trailer pretty accurately depicts how the new player experience evolves over time (and it even has a hint on how to take out Novikov). Eventually you will reach the point where you will complete the mission and no one will even know that the targets are dead.
I ended up doing an unplanned manslaughter of the cooks and security in the basement of the Paris event, oh my goodness. It was funny in how terrible everything progressed lol.

MUnited83

For you.
Hmm I'll give it a little look then :)

I just seem to recall it having this semblance of being a joke or a scam around it for some time :/
Unless I'm misremembering it with something else

Edit: where the hell can you buy one? :/
All I see from google is eBay links :/
The only semblance of being a scam were the PGS and the Smach Z, unrealistic hardware proposed by different companies. GPD is reputable and had experience in making several handhelds before.
You can buy one at the official GPD store, Gearbest, Banggood, etc.

The Flash

Banned
Corsair makes great stuff. Just don't buy one of those keyboards for hipster ants with all while caps and half the keyboard missing :)

I still use my trusty Steelseries 6GV2. It's sleek and I like the haptics and sound.
You should check out some switches in person if possible.

What switch do you like?

I am quite impressed with my Qwazar Red Shift for the money. Proper Cherry MX switches, decent build quality, and a reasonable price. Do wish they had a Brown or Blue switch version though.

I had the QPAD MK-80 with Blue switches before. It goes on sale a lot and I loved it. Only had to stop using it because my typing noises would wake up family.

I have a Das Keyboard 4 Professional with the Cherry MX Brown switches and love it. It's not overwhelmingly loud, but the keys feel great. It's also been relatively bulletproof so far, and I really like the built in media controls above the number pad.

Really digging my Corsair Strafe RGB. Some people won't like the gamery lighting but it's fully customisable, you can make it all white or turn it off if you want. If you haven't tried a mechanical keyboard before though, try different ones out in person to see which switches you like best.

I've been using the Logitech 710+ which has Cherry Brown. Haven't had a problem since, once I corrected a backspace key that came loose really early on

The scene has exploded in such a way that you just need to pick the one you like the look of. There isnt the one recommendation, theres just too many.

I had cheap tenkeyless Noppoo for 5+ years and then switched to highest end tenkeyless Topre, both were great buys I don't regret.
Just look for something in your budget and research the switches, they're really different. What would be best is to get one of those switch testers and then decide after that.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AZQKCD4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thanks guys :) I'll be sure to look over all of these

Echoplx

I cancelled my humble monthly and now I can't get the 10% off for NieR, I thought the discount would carry on till the next month starts :/

Hektor

Finally finished HL2.

What are the other must play fps games Gaf?
Thanks.

NuDoom (2016)
XIII
Bulletstorm
The Darkness 2
Shadow Warrior 1+2
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Crysis 1
Prey (the original)
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Would be my suggestions of somewhat recent games.

I've heard from Morningbus that Serious Sam is also worth a look

Call of Juarez Gunslinger is fantastic. Looks and runs super well, too.

I went in expecting nothing and walked away completely impressed on every level. The storytelling, by far, was the biggest suprise.

kionedrik

The lack of Metro and Bioshock suggestions is disturbing.

But the real winner is Wolfenstein. Personally, I found it a better game than Doom.

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, Far Cry 2 (no I'm not joking), reiterating Doom '16 as it's got perhaps the best single player component of a raw shooter in at least the last half-decade.

Lanrutcon

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, Far Cry 2 (no I'm not joking), reiterating Doom '16 as it's got perhaps the best single player component of a raw shooter in at least the last half-decade.

These are good suggestions. I'm not sure if STALKER falls under "newer" games, but they're very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom