• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come this game has never had a proper sale or part of a bundle?
As an archaeologist I need to try this someday....

C14 Dating

C-14 Dating is an otome dating sim that combines archaeology, friendships and love.

Maybe you’ll dig up some bones, or even unearth tools that were manufactured by early humans. And of course, you might forge friendships and find romance during your stay…

melissa.jpg
She can check out my bone anytime.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I need a portable machine to play Nier on the go. Oh wait I got my laptop for that *battery runs out in 30 minutes or so in gaming mode*

Hard shell taco is only taco. Soft shell tacos are just burritos for lazy people.

Where the tacos came from they see hard shell as an abomination tho. I like covering the hard shell with the soft shell so there is no spillage tbh

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Always the Same Blue Sky -- MB-1DEE45C7DD2BB94A - Taken by fuzzy123
Blue Rose -- MB-D7875785ACB8ADA3 - Taken by Shalashaska
Divine Slice of Life -- MB-5F8D2FFF15FC7405 - Taken by Shalashaska
Orion: A Sci-Fi Visual Novel -- MB-2ABD399F9AE83E4E - Taken by Abomination
Shan Gui -- MB-F5041B45114EAA04 - Taken by fernandes
Sid Meier's Covert Action -- MB-806744738F9AB8D3 - Taken by DeliciousDoc
Sid Meier's Pirates! Gold Plus (Classic) -- MB-D20C9EC0E56325CF - Taken by GrinningColossus
Time Mysteries 3: The Final Enigma -- MB-F3E4EA03BA4259B2 - Taken by Aaron D.
Tokyo Hosto -- MB-D2E5790BAF640638 - Taken by MaxiLive
Tycoon City New York -- MB-44497007BC928C0E - Taken by lindarasta
World War II GI -- MB-1E29DF7B07D82850 - Taken by Mikaju

I think might be the thing that actually makes me play my Steam games. I would love to see it happen.

Would need to get a 802.11ac router to get the most out of I guess though.

I went from an N router to this crazy 8-antenna AC router that looks like an alien spaceship...and it totally changed everything. My Steam Link now works perfectly over WiFi when I used to have to run a 40-foot ethernet cable from it back to the router. My wife's laptop suddenly gets way better reception due to beeamforming and it's ability to handle multiple bands at the same time. Etc etc.

enbred

Banned
I went from an N router to this crazy 8-antenna AC router that looks like an alien spaceship...and it totally changed everything. My Steam Link now works perfectly over WiFi when I used to have to run a 40-foot ethernet cable from it back to the router. My wife's laptop suddenly gets way better reception due to beeamforming and it's ability to handle multiple bands at the same time. Etc etc.

What brand/model is it if you don't mind sharing.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Portable Steam Machine when?

tbh I kinda believe Valve should have done that instead of the Steam Machine. Console owners weren't feeling it, PC owners won't feeling it, but I bet they could appeal to the crowd that wants their games to be portable. Especially with the rise of niche Japanese games on Steam.

I think people are overselling the "risk" Valve took with Steam Machines. They made no hardware themselves and leveraged existing manufacturers for barest minimum of risk. It's a concept that doesn't have to sell millions of units to eventually pay off and shouldn't really be judged in the short term.

A handheld Steamboy would require Valve to actually manufacture something (or get in bed with someone willing to manufacture a brand new device operating in a brand new, untested space) and wouldn't necessarily be as inexpensive as most people want or work as well as many would need. That would be the riskiest move they could make in all of their hardware ventures.

Switch hacked to stream Steam games when?

I think might be the thing that actually makes me play my Steam games. I would love to see it happen.

Would need to get a 802.11ac router to get the most out of I guess though.

The Nvidia Shield tablet exists now, does it better than any hack job would, is cheaper than a Switch, and is a full tablet that can output to a television with a 4 dollar MTG cable.

MUnited83

For you.
I think people are overselling the "risk" Valve took with Steam Machines. They made no hardware themselves and leveraged existing manufacturers for barest minimum of risk. It's a concept that doesn't have to sell millions of units to eventually pay off and shouldn't really be judged in the short term.

A handheld Steamboy would require Valve to actually manufacture something (or get in bed with someone willing to manufacture a brand new device operating in a brand new, untested space) and wouldn't necessarily be as inexpensive as most people want or work as well as many would need. That would be the riskiest move they could make in all of their hardware ventures.

The Nvidia Shield tablet exists now, does it better than any hack job would, is cheaper than a Switch, and is a full tablet that can output to a television with a 4 dollar MTG cable.
Why get a Shield when you can get a GPD Win tho

morningbus

Why get a Shield when you can get a GPD Win tho

I'd argue the Nvidia solution (or a steamlink) is probably better for the types of scenarios these people are asking for. It wasn't made clear if they wanted to be able to play their games independently from their PC.

But I already bought a Switch.

If you were looking to stream PC games, then you chose poorly.

MUnited83

For you.
I'd argue the Nvidia solution (or a steamlink) is probably better for the types of scenarios these people are asking for. It wasn't made clear if they wanted to be able to play their games independently from their PC.

Well, most seem to want a native solution. Even for streaming, it seems like the GPD Win would be better choice, since you can use Steam streaming on it, connect gamepads by bluetooth and connect it to a TV still. So the advantage of Shield would be more about the size of the tablet screen itself.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killer is Dead -- MB-AF0CC205E3EBBF69 - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.

t1488689800z1.png
Enjoy.

morningbus

Well, most seem to want a native solution. Even for streaming, it seems like the GPD Win would be better choice, since you can use Steam streaming on it, connect gamepads by bluetooth and connect it to a TV still. So the advantage of Shield would be more about the size of the tablet screen itself.

It's cheaper by about $130 dollars (if not found on sale) and has access to android games, too.

I don't live that life where I'd need my PC games outside the house, so an in-home streaming solution makes more sense to me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oddplanet sure is horrible.

Don't worry about not knowing what it is, its a random bundle game like the hundred others we have and dont know we have.

Dead Hungry Diner on the other hand seems like a cool one of those.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Oddplanet sure is horrible.

Don't worry about not knowing what it is, its a random bundle game like the hundred others we have and dont know we have.

Dead Hungry Diner on the other hand seems like a cool one of those.

Said out loud while card idling today: "Why and how do I own a game called Wyatt Derp?"

*clicks next game*

"...Presumably for the same reason I have Wyatt Derp 2."

ModBot said:
Instructions for DeliciousDoc:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DeliciousDoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Endless Legend - Echoes of Auriga Add-on -- MB-EFB898FAD52BEE6D - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.

t1488784041z1.png

Hope someone finds a use for this.

Is there a way to make Enhanced Steam show the lowest price for all my listings on the community market? Clicking the little cloud over and over and over when I'm selling a bunch of stuff gets pretty old.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mokoi, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mokoi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
NieR: Automata -- MB-90DE6ED84B291C9D - Taken by trailmix16. 189 entrants total.

t1488704079z1.png

Tizoc

Can someone please tell the dev how to spell "parsley?" Because that's a bad look.

Not just that but the Arabic is all wrong, it should be
تبولة
To be fair though I am certain they can fix it up by release so at worst it could be language settings that are causing the Arabic letters to be separated.

Durante

A GPD Win is pretty ergonomic though (as far as you can be in a portable form factor). And streaming directly to Steam is the least cumbersome solution.

This.

I'd be all over a portable switch-like device that plays steam games
In what way would the device envisioned by you differ from the GPD Win?

Manatox

So i started Atelier Sophie today, but there is something bugging me. I was hoping to play it at 4k (downsampled) @144hz, but it locks itself to 60fps ingame at 4k, while i can do 144fps at 1080p. Is there something that can be done about this or i have to live with it? I'm using Display port with Display port 1.2 cable if it matters.

Corpekata

Banned
So i started Atelier Sophie today, but there is something bugging me. I was hoping to play it at 4k (downsampled) @144hz, but it locks itself to 60fps ingame at 4k, while i can do 144fps at 1080p. Is there something that can be done about this or i have to live with it? I'm using Display port with Display port 1.2 cable if it matters.

I've had this happen randomly with a handful of games, any downsampling would for whatever reason force an arbitrary refresh lock. My monitor has a refresh rate toggle button so it was mostly just a minor annoyance, not sure if there's a software soilution.

Momentary

Banned

Set your desktop to 4K and set the refresh to 144hz. Then start the game.

My monitor has a toggle so I don't have to use this method, but I'm pretty sure this will work.

Echoplx

I've had this happen randomly with a handful of games, any downsampling would for whatever reason force an arbitrary refresh lock. My monitor has a refresh rate toggle button so it was mostly just a minor annoyance, not sure if there's a software soilution.

What monitor is that? Cool feature.

Mivey

Be ready for 1 hour battery life then.

720p is totally fine on the Switch screen.
An iPad mini has a way higher resolution, and seems to get more than 2 hours minimum of the Switch. And that's also a really narrow tablet, so with the bulkier Switch there should be even more room for batteries.
You fool yourself if you think the Switch somehow is a good compromise of current high-end technology. I find it funny why Ninty is being so cheap on a device that could spell their end as a hardware manufacturer if it fails to be a success closer to the Wii. Or are their investors just fine with not making more profit? I suppose Japanese capitalist could just be cool and not want even more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom