• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing everyone post their milestone shots with low DLC counts has made me realise I have a bit of a problem on that front. I.. It's just so cheap during sales, I can't help myself but buy loads of DLC :(
I was surprised to find my DLC count is a little over 2/3s of my game count, being at 240 and 332 respectively. I guess I bought more of that than I thought, but I do own all of the Genesis Classic titles and all of those count as DLC which starts making the numbers make more sense.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The BioShock franchise is probably going to be one of the Weekend Deals (all the subs were just updated).

Copons

Oh, wow.
I've just tried Serious Sam 3: BFE for the first time (to get at least one Playfire reward) and for the first time I suffered from motion sickness.
Jeez I feel like shit. Morningbus should be happy tho :D

Tellaerin

Today's Playfire rewards:
  • Age of Mythology: Extended Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Epic Space: Online - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Saints Row the Third - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Saints Row the Third - unlock A Better Person - £0.10
  • Saints Row the Third - unlock Union Buster - £0.25
  • Saints Row the Third - unlock Everything is Permitted - £0.50
  • Spark Rising - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Swipecart - play for the first time - £0.10
t1400112000z0.png

Will be getting those Saints Row ones for sure, shame I've already played it on Steam.

Huh. I don't have Union Buster or Everything is Permitted. Looks like it's time for me to get back into SR3.

Oh, wow.
I've just tried Serious Sam 3: BFE for the first time (to get at least one Playfire reward) and for the first time I suffered from motion sickness.

That wasn't motion sickness you felt. It was the disembodied spirit of Morningbus, warning you away from the game.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh, wow.
It's just your body rejecting Serious Sam. It's natural.

Copons

That wasn't motion sickness you felt. It was the disembodied spirit of Morningbus, warning you away from the game.

No worry then I'm about to flush him out in the toilet soon. :D

It really sucks though. But I guess at my age it's kinda time to stop playing FPS and dudebro related stuff and start with Minesweeper or something.

derExperte

Are the sales for MK Komplete and Deus Ex DC up to the 21st? my salary is on the 15th so I can't buy them now.

I think those are daily deals. But who knows, maybe there will be repeats.

Quick Look: Tesla Effect http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-tesla-effect/2300-8858/

I never got that far, the reduced emphasis on pure rallying turned me off from the later Dirt games. I do recall now, you start the game with Colin's Impreza right?

Can't remember but it's the one where you climb out of your trailer to get to the cars.

Grief.exe

Oh, wow.

Did you increase the FOV? Really tiny FOVs combined with head bob cause motion sickness for me.

morningbus

No worry then I'm about to flush him out in the toilet soon. :D

It really sucks though. But I guess at my age it's kinda time to stop playing FPS and dudebro related stuff and start with Minesweeper or something.
You're another 25 year old that thinks they're old, aren't you?

The_Monk

I never got that far, the reduced emphasis on pure rallying turned me off from the later Dirt games. I do recall now, you start the game with Colin's Impreza right?

I made a small collection of those End-game screenshots on Steam. There was a video/Tribute honouring him, nice gesture. :')

Saty

Don't wanna post it in that thread for the fear it will be seen as port beginning, but isn't the fact Insomniac holds the rights for Sunset Overdrive opens up a possibility of a PC version down the line?

morningbus

Don't wanna post it in that thread for the fear it will be seen as port beginning, but isn't the fact Insomniac holds the rights for Sunset Overdrive opens up a possibility of a PC version down the line?
The game is most certainly funded by Microsoft. So, the decision would have to go through them.

Copons

Did you increase the FOV? Really tiny FOVs combined with head bob cause motion sickness for me.

Yeah, I thought of that but I'll need a couple of hours of relax before trying that, because I feel like the head bob is now embedded in my eyes.

You're another 25 year old that thinks they're old, aren't you?

Never said I was old, but anyway I'm about to celebrate my 30th birthday. Also I smoke a lot, I drink a lot, and I don't do physical activity, so I guess this could easily be my last. :D

Grief.exe

Dr Dogg

I was surprised to find my DLC count is a little over 2/3s of my game count, being at 240 and 332 respectively. I guess I bought more of that than I thought, but I do own all of the Genesis Classic titles and all of those count as DLC which starts making the numbers make more sense.

I'm at about the same (700ish and 500ish) but when I look at some of the games I've spent a lot of time with they have 40 odd items of DLC each so I guess it all adds up quick. That and I had a thing for buying soundtracks the moment they got released. Good job I didn't get the Strategy Guide and PC Gamer bug of it would be a case of more DLC than games.

AcridMeat

Banned
Played the tutorial of MK last night. Good lord I forgot it's a fighting game, and suck ass right now. I've never been good at them but I forgot just how tight the timing for combos is in them. D:

I sold my fight stick a couple months ago d'oh.

Javier23

Banned
Pretty cool episode I'd say. Longer than the first two too. Some weird stuff happening. I really like that game. (KR0)
Really looking forward to play it, but waiting until all episodes come out. Not sure I'm gonna be able to hold off my horses too much longer ;P

Played the tutorial of MK last night. Good lord I forgot it's a fighting game, and suck ass right now. I've never been good at them but I forgot just how tight the timing for combos is in them. D:

I sold my fight stick a couple months ago d'oh.
You really don't need a stick for MK inputs, and if anything its control scheme is a bit awkward on a standard stick layout. You'll be fine getting the hang of it on pad.

Turfster

Daily Super Meat Boy 80% off
Weekend
  • Dragon Age Franchise 75% off (aka Origins, because 2 isn't on Steam)
  • Bioshock Infinite 67% off

Tellaerin

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Daily Super Meat Boy 80% off
Weekend
  • Dragon Age Franchise 75% off (aka Origins, because 2 isn't on Steam)
  • Bioshock Infinite 67% off

BioShock is a franchise sale. The other games are 67% off, too, while the Triple Pack is 75% off.

Terra_Ex

I'm fortunate in that I've raised my kids to respect the classics. I took my kids (and my daughter's boyfriend) to a Distant Worlds concert a few weeks ago and everyone had a blast. They played scenes from the games on the big screen and it was great knowing that my kids have played, and enjoyed, the classics of my own youth. And of course, the music was phenomenal.

Congrats on 1,000! :)
Sounds great, and thanks :)

Full steam ahead to 2k. ;)
lol, it's a long way off but I expect I'll get there.

So are people excited for Bound by Flame? Checked out some of the combat videos on the tubes. and can't say I'm terribly impressed.
I'll be excited when it hits 75% off.

Dragon Age "franchise".
There is no franchise, Origins exists... and that's it.
On a side note, Origins (the game) must make them some good money for them to keep putting on sale all the time, yet I fully expect the new one will be some Origin exclusive bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom