• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

2v1ing people just wanting to pass through the area

so much fun!

I never 2v1. If another bell bro is there, I sit the fight out and wait for the other person to heal up.

If they bring a phantom, then 2v2 is so much fun. Teaming up on another person like that is the worst thing I have ever seen.

aku:jiki

How does Happy Hour work on Indiegala? It's not available for the bundle you linked but it is for another bundle. I've read the site's explanation and FAQ, but quite frankly, it's confusing and reads like it was written by someone whose first language is not English. Can someone explain the Happy Hour thing to me in clear, concise terms? Thanks.
I'm not quite sure anyone knows exactly what they're talking about, but I think it means that if you've already bought a bundle you can buy a secondary gift copy for a lower price.

And they're italian, by the way.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just saw an amazing looking rpg on greenlight, and its getting Kotaku front page articles already, nice

zkylon

zkylewd
I never 2v1. If another bell bro is there, I sit the fight out and wait for the other person to heal up.

If they bring a phantom, then 2v2 is so much fun. Teaming up on another person like that is the worst thing I have ever seen.

that's been my experience with most if not all bellbros

like they won't even wait for you to finish off the little blue dudes, just rush you while you're dealing with them

Basically, if you buy the Last Dream bundle now for $4.89 (as a gift) you will get 2 copies to give away.

If you already bought this highest tier ($4.89, not the $1 tier) within the first week for yourself (not as a gift), you will receive 4 copies to giveaway.

If you bought this highest tier for yourself any time after the first week of the bundle going live (but before the Happy Hour started), you'll receive 3 gift copies.

I hope that's understandable, since english isn't my first language as well..
Thank you. I hope I didn't offend you with the English comment. You were very clear and understandable. The site is not.

If I buy the bundle now, can I use 1 of those 2 copies for myself? I'm assuming I can, but I just want to make sure. Thanks again.

Okay, I just watched the video.

A mysteriously resurrected Frederic Chopin wearing an outfit straight out of the 80's and rocking a keytar? SOLD.

I played the game in its mobile release and easily got a few dollar's worth of entertainment out of it. Some of the tunes are really good.

Don't brag about your wallet funds 150 times during every Steam thread. SteamGAF will rip you apart.

Source: Experience.

ftfy

that's been my experience with most if not all bellbros

like they won't even wait for you to finish off the little blue dudes, just rush you while you're dealing with them

no mercy.

In my experience, the game summons another bro before I can even find the guy I invade. Oh, and if you stand on the bridge to Lost Bastille and close the door.....I will crush you.

MUnited83

For you.
On Greenlight unless otherwise noted:

- The Girl and the Robot (greenlit)
- Inescapable (greenlit)
- Loot Hero (greenlit)
- Deep Eclipse
- Frederic: Resurrection of Music
- Hunter's Trophy 2: America
- Rush for Glory
- Sinister City
Thans! Pretty darn good bundle for 1$. Im extremely interested on The Girl and the Robot and I almost backed it when they had their kickstarter. They are discounting the game way too soon imo(im not complwining though, I just hope the game does weel enough to keep the devs on business.

I've literally just put the £160 in after selling a phone, I'm now praying that I can save it for the next sale.

If by "selling a phone" you mean that you hit SAM for cards on games you've begged developers for, the duplicates being traded or sold on the gray market, then you might be in danger that SteamGAF will rip you apart, if by "rip you apart" you mean that your murky actions are iterated in not-so-murky terms while you react in classic melodramatic ways ("I'll go away if that's what you want..." is a good go-to in such scenarios, but by no means a requirement.)

If by "selling a phone" you mean you had a phone and then you sold that phone, you should be fine.

...And I think I might have to finally get Starbound this weekend through GMG. But I'm smack in the middle of DS2 and I still haven't gotten a chance to try Broforce, so there's always Summer Sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
no mercy.

In my experience, the game summons another bro before I can even find the guy I invade. Oh, and if you stand on the bridge to Lost Bastille and close the door.....I will crush you.

nowadays i just play super passive and spam estus until they get depressed and voluntarily turn their backs to me so i can end their suffering

you asked for this bellbros, i tried to bow and play fair but you guys ruined it

a hundred curses on you

Looks very impressive for an indie game for sure.

...And I think I might have to finally get Starbound this weekend through GMG. But I'm smack in the middle of DS2 and I still haven't gotten a chance to try Broforce, so there's always Summer Sale.

Starbound, while fun, got old so quickly for me. Compared to Terraria, there's just not much to do yet outside of creative building.

Goddamn I hate the basilisk in Dark Souls
and then 2 throws a giant one at you that is not even that hard, just repulsive looking.

nowadays i just play super passive and spam estus until they get depressed and voluntarily turn their backs to me so i can end their suffering

you asked for this bellbros, i tried to bow and play fair but you guys ruined it

a hundred curses on you

I found your problem. BellBros give 0 fucks.

and then 2 throws a giant one at you that is not even that hard, just repulsive looking.

It truly is the stuff of nightmares.

"I'll go away if that's what you want..." is a good go-to in such scenarios, but by no means a requirement.)
this is great. Though this is my favorite:

r3n4ud said:
So, to recap

1. you fake scores to rank 1st in games
2. you cheat the achievements system in SAM for rewards in Playfire
3. you beg for keys to "review" on a blog no one can read

Yep, quite classy man :/

cracks me up everytime

Yakkue

Thank you. I hope I didn't offend you with the English comment. You were very clear and understandable. The site is not.

If I buy the bundle now, can I use 1 of those 2 copies for myself? I'm assuming I can, but I just want to make sure. Thanks again.

Oh, I wasn't offended at all! Sorry if it seemed that way.

You can "gift" one of those copies to yourself, so that should work.

Bell bros, pff.

Rat bros for life.

I don't really understand the Rat covenant...

a hundred curses on you

I got sick of the 3 on 1 that I would get protecting the bell. What a bunch of bullshit that was -- so I started playing smart.

(1) Look at the gate to the gargoyles -- is it up or down? If it's up, go ahead, I'm waiting at the top of the ladder somewhere and will crush you with the horde of defenders that spawn up there.

(2) If the fog gate is unbarred, I started waiting and watching at the holes above stairs so I could drop attack and land behind. Hopefully, I either take out the world master or by the time I'm done with the first opponent, I have some backup in the form of another bell defender.

Arthea

The avatar (evil eye?) is not very fitting of your happy-go-lucky demeanor, I have to say. (Or are you finally letting us see your true form? I'm going to get yelled at for pointing this out, aren't I? *braces*)

nah, nothing so sinister
just a little reminder that we watch, and we are always here.
for giggles

already upvoted and favourited
looks great
now it only need to be a good game too

(2) If the fog gate is unbarred, I started waiting and watching at the holes above stairs so I could drop attack and land behind. Hopefully, I either take out the world master or by the time I'm done with the first opponent, I have some backup in the form of another bell defender.

You are a welcome addition to TeamBellBro.

Hahaha... they're certainly creepy looking... but I never found them very threatening.
Now those bulls that drop the lion gear? Those guys... they suck.

You are a welcome addition to TeamBellBro.

Cheers!

I put in a ton of work and had some ungodly amount of Titanite chunks because of it... my favorite was when I would show up just as the other bellbro finished his duty and I'd get the reward. :)

Now that I've put in all my work for covenants, I haven't decided which to remain in. I currently still have the Abyssal covenant as my pledged, but I was so focused on killing the two optional bosses that I hadn't considered rejoining the bell brothers for some defending fun. Maybe I should. :-k

Aucool

Jet Car Stunts is one of my favourite iOS games, so here you are steamgaf :)

jet-car-stunts-20100713023817528-000.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Jet Car Stunts -- MB-EC54752246B81E2F - Taken by jshackles. 17 entrants total.

t1399669087z1.png

Ugh, I actually uninstalled Saint's Row III last week, and I'm too lazy to reinstall and play it for the Rewards. No free money for me this week.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Today's new releases so far:

Supreme Ruler 1936 is available for $29.99, currently on a discount of 25% off until May 16th.

About the Game

Supreme Ruler 1936 is Real Time Geo-Political Strategy Game for PC and Mac. Take control of a nation in the World War II era and guide it through a significant Military Campaign, or attempt one of many Set-Piece Historical Scenarios. Players can also customize their play experience with the Sandbox Mode and play as any Nation with their own preferred Victory Condition.

• Play Multiple Campaigns from either the Axis or Allied perspective.
  • Take Control of any Nation in Sandbox Mode and impact the outcome of the era.
  • Challenge yourself with Historical Scenarios for a faster-paced gameplay experience.
  • The butterfly effect... Influence the timeline and outcome of thousands of historical events.
  • Use Diplomacy, Trade, Espionage, and Intimidation to influence the policies of other nations.
  • Research new Technologies to give your nation a significant military advantage.
  • Modernize your economy to support whatever social and military policies you choose.
  • Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces.
  • Detailed historically-accurate armies down to the Battalion level.
  • Choose your level of control. Make all decisions or use your Cabinet Ministers to help.
  • Battle the elements! Fully integrated weather model influences battlefield outcomes.

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine, a game that was approved via Greenlight, is now available for $8.99, a discount of 10% from its usual price. The game was previously bundled in Lazy Guys' Night Sky bundle, Groupees' Retro Groupee 2, and Indie Royale's Debut 7 bundle.

About the Game

Embark on an epic cross-country journey that sends an unlikely hero deep into the heart of the wild west in search of love and an ancient, cursed treasure mine, said to contain inconceivable wealth!

Meet Al Emmo. He's single. He's also a feeble, forty-two-year-old Easterner. But he has a plan: travel out west, marry a mail-order bride, bring her back east to introduce to his aging parents, and prove that he's a real man! Are you ready?

But does Al have what it takes to be a cowboy? A stranger in town - a charming royal from Spain - competes for the object of Al's affections. And a looming thousand-year-old Aztec curse is bound to keep him on his toes. Brave a horde of desert perils including excessively-equipped prairie dogs, an extremist termite exterminator, arrow-happy Indians, and a liquor SO potent, you won't even remember your hangover!

Does redemption lie within the haunted depths of the Lost Dutchman's Mine? Is Al brave enough to enter? And will his parents even miss him? Find out in Himalaya Studios' Wild Western, point-and-click adventure game!

Developed and produced by Himalaya Studios, the team behind the popular and acclaimed free remakes of King's Quest 1, 2 ,3 and Quest for Glory 2.

Fantasy Grounds is now available for $29.99 as well, also on a 25% discount. It also has a ton of DLC.

About the Game/Application

Fantasy Grounds is a hybrid application which allows you to play games and create your own games. It facilitates this play and provides some optional add-on Adventure modules which can be loaded and played with very little preparation. Each game will require a GameMaster (GM) and one or more players. Games may be played in a session as short as a few hours or continued with multiple sessions over a series of days, weeks, months or years. A GM will typically install the application and choose their game-system of choice, which we refer to as a Ruleset. Fantasy Grounds comes pre-loaded with Rulesets for Dungeons & Dragons 3.5, Dungeons & Dragons 4E and the Pathfinder RPG. Additional Rulesets are available for free and for purchase from our Workshop. Both Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 and Pathfinder are good places to start for new GMs and for people new to Fantasy Grounds. These Rulesets come pre-loaded with some basic Library modules full of abilities, spells, monsters and items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom