• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

capsule_616x353.jpg

Calibre 10 Racing Alpha Giveaway at Alienware Arena.
https://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/calibre-10-racing-in-game-alienware-branded-car-giveaway

The giveaway copies could be the final game since the key has same sub ID as the Steam store's, unless the publisher withdraw them.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/266370/
This reminds me of that free XBLA game that came out with some time ago.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The Culling Of The Cows is a side-scrolling shooter / tower defence game. You will take the role of Sammy, a soliloquizing schizophrenic farmer with a self prophesied mission to lay waste to the disease spreading over his farm.

With his dusty old 12 gauge at his side and god at his back, Sammy isn’t going to be taking too kindly to the infectious chaos of the big city’s leaking its way out into wild country. When all the lunacy started Sammy consulted God on what he should do, and the response was. KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL!!!!

35% off ($8.44) for the next week, but it's slightly cheaper at GMG with the code ALFIS4-GRATZ0-025GMG , which knocks it down to $6.29. Being a KISS game, though, it's liable to be bundled in the near future.

Zafir

It gives you a steam key for the game (which is in Early Access right now). The page for it also says:
That's what the Steam page says, but the Alienware page doesn't, that's why I'm skeptical.

I already own the game though, so I can't verify that the subid is the same. Certainly makes me regret buying it if it does give you the full game though. xD

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
capsule_616x353.jpg

Calibre 10 Racing Alpha Giveaway at Alienware Arena.
https://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/calibre-10-racing-in-game-alienware-branded-car-giveaway

The giveaway copies could be the final game since the key has same sub ID as the Steam store's, unless the publisher withdraw them.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/266370/
I love that the Facebook integrated login doesn't work... create fake user it is!

EDIT: ignore, it finally worked, maybe the server is being hammered. Got the key real fast though.

textonly

Neo Member
Can't see them giving the full game surely?
Not sure, my speculation is based on the same subscription ID, that means the game which activated by this giveaway key will have same treatment as the one from the store, like updates and release. Of course, there is also a possibility of withdrawal by the publisher if they want.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Fantasy Grounds is now available for $29.99 as well, also on a 25% discount. It also has a ton of DLC.

I'm genuinely curious how they can provide Dungeons and Dragons rulesets for 3.5 and 4E. Do they have permission from Wizards of the Coast? Those dungeon tiles look a lot like the physical ones you can purchase. The same goes with the rulesets for the other games.

Seems like there could be some issues with copyright. If nothing else, I would imagine that Wizards of the Coast wouldn't be happy that the game is marketing itself using the Dungeons and Dragons trademark.

Ooooh, Unreal Tournament 2k4... haven't played in goddamn forever. Is it still alive and noob friendly? Been so long since I played any Unreal game.

pahamrick

Got a key for a friend, who didn't want it. So, here it is for someone else who might.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Calibre 10 Racing -- MB-C501D1021B1D5A7F - Taken by doctorcdcs. 5 entrants total.

t1399661332z1.png

Lomax

I'm genuinely curious how they can provide Dungeons and Dragons rulesets for 3.5 and 4E. Do they have permission from Wizards of the Coast? Those dungeon tiles look a lot like the physical ones you can purchase. The same goes with the rulesets for the other games.

Seems like there could be some issues with copyright. If nothing else, I would imagine that Wizards of the Coast wouldn't be happy that the game is marketing itself using the Dungeons and Dragons trademark.

It's probably just the d20 rules, which are open source.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Even if that's the case, I think they need permission to use the terms "Dungeons & Dragons 3.5" and "Dungeons & Dragons 4E" to help sell their game.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Just a reminder, the current blink bundle is expiring in 80min.

Games included:

$1.99 tier:
To the Moon
Bad Hotel
Really Big Sky
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe
Gravity Badgers
Knytt Underground

$4.99 tier:
Saturday Morning RPG
Vanguard Princess
Oknytt
Dead Hungry Diner
Ku: Shroud of Morrigan
Major Mayhem
Skyward Collapse
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta
Gentleman!

*I haven't played all the games, so the unbolded titles may also be good.

If by "selling a phone" you mean that you hit SAM for cards on games you've begged developers for, the duplicates being traded or sold on the gray market, then you might be in danger that SteamGAF will rip you apart, if by "rip you apart" you mean that your murky actions are iterated in not-so-murky terms while you react in classic melodramatic ways ("I'll go away if that's what you want..." is a good go-to in such scenarios, but by no means a requirement.)

If by "selling a phone" you mean you had a phone and then you sold that phone, you should be fine.

...And I think I might have to finally get Starbound this weekend through GMG. But I'm smack in the middle of DS2 and I still haven't gotten a chance to try Broforce, so there's always Summer Sale.

Uh I had a phone and I sold it.

Grief.exe

My controller just ran out of batteries right as I was about to head out for the day, so I finished up a couple things in Dark Souls II using the K/M controls.

I have to say, they aren't that bad. Totally usable, though I would still prefer the controller.

The bindings do need some work, though. You really get the idea that these were configured by a Japanese person with little prior knowledge of playing on PC. Quick example, the back button is literally on Backspace.

aku:jiki

The d20 system is just the dice-rolling part. It doesn't encompass the entire D&D ruleset and this game promises to have "basic rulesets" for both D&D and Pathfinder. Doesn't sound like a fantastic idea to me.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Im really interested in it but i wonder how MP is handled.

The store page goes into a little more detail:

Players:

For players, Fantasy Grounds will allow you to connect to a game being hosted by a GM and control one or more characters within the game. You will be able to update and maintain your character sheet, much like you would in a face-to-face RPG game, but with some degree of automation and support for dragging and dropping abilities and items from the Library modules. Whenever a GM shares a map image, you will be able to move a token representing your character and initiate attack rolls against enemies visible on those maps when it is your turn. You will be interacting within the GM's game session with other players and every action you take will be communicated to the GM and connected players along with any chat messages you enter into the chat window. At the conclusion of the game session, your character sheet and progress will be saved to the GM's session [so] you will be able to continue where you left off.

GameMasters:

For GameMasters, Fantasy Grounds will allow you to outline and prepare your future game sessions. You will be able to create story entries and link them together or to specific maps. You could, for instance, create a story entry which links to an image of a dungeon and then each room could in turn be linked to individual story entries -- each containing room descriptions, secret GM notes, a list of NPCs and monster encounters or links to more images and player hand-outs. Depending on your style and the availability of pre-entered monsters and enemies, you can also run without preparation. You can create and maintain multiple Campaigns, each with their own content and players....Most GMs tend to use a combination of in-game text-based chat within Fantasy Grounds *and* a voice application to help facilitate quicker and more natural play.

It mostly seems like the regular thing but done online with a few streamlining measures.

Ah yes, I forgot what fun it was to try and get both Knights of the Old Republic and The Sith Lords to run at certain resolutions. Worth it but a pain in the ass. Good thing I kept everything I needed from my last playthroughs.

So I am guessing wildstar wont be available on steam, not that big of a deal I just like to have everything in steam. I bought Rift and DCUO day 1 on steam (even though they both went f2p :( )

Copons

Aw damn, copyright issues aside, Fantasy Grounds could have been a total must buy for the younger me, when I wasn't a misanthrope asshole and actually looked forward to play pen & paper rpgs with real people. But then again, in those times there was neither Steam nor internet itself (well, at least nothing better than good ol' crappy dial up), so eh, I lost my point but still I'm slightly intrigued by it nonetheless.

Lomax

Even if that's the case, I think they need permission to use the terms "Dungeons & Dragons 3.5" and "Dungeons & Dragons 4E" to help sell their game.

Couldn't find a good page to link, but poking around the web it appears they have licenses for everything and actually work pretty closely with some of the smaller companies to have versions of their games implemented. The system itself apparently has existed for quite a while now off of Steam.

Tenrius

Feels like a few months since the last time we had a poutine derail in here. No, chubigans didn't add a poutine recipe. But you can play CSD while eating poutine. That counts for something.

Edit: Wait, you're in Oman and you're craving Poutine? :O

I'm in Russia and I'd really like to have some, but sadly Putin is all we have here.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Cool. But that price is a bit of a letdown.

Especially when you take into account all of the DLC, and the prices of some of the DLC. The Call of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep DLC, for example, is usually $24.99. Although it's currently on sale for $18.74, that's still a bit too much for me to considering buying the base application along with the DLC.

Copons

I'm in Russia and I'd really like to have some, but sadly Putin is all we have here.

:D

High five from the land of his BFF Berlusconi!
We don't have him anymore but no poutine all the same. Luckily our food rocks way harder than any never-heard-before weird stuff from oversea.
but FFS I want to try poutine so bad :(

FloatOn

you know what would be great?

if a shooter ripped off Souls series design philosophy wholesale. I'd love to play a shooter again but just shooting hundreds of bad guys is so tiresome.

Grief.exe

if a shooter ripped off Souls series design philosophy wholesale. I'd love to play a shooter again but just shooting hundreds of bad guys is so tiresome.

You might want to take a look at Project Beast by From Software.

Exclusive to PS4, but the rumors point to it being a third person shooter influenced by the Souls series.

Tellaerin

Not really sure how you'd add that level of nuance to gunplay, though. I mean, melee weapons have widely varying characteristics that lead to technical gameplay. With guns, even factoring in things like different reload times, it's harder to make them handle in fundamentally different ways.

FloatOn

You might want to take a look at Project Beast by From Software.

Exclusive to PS4, but the rumors point to it being a third person shooter with Souls sensibilities.

I followed that thread for a little bit. That would be the game to make me buy a ps4.

although I kind of gathered that the guns in that game would maybe just be kind of an auxiliary much like how sorceries, pyromancy, miracles, hexes and bows work in Souls series proper.

Not really sure how you'd add that level of nuance to gunplay, though. I mean, melee weapons have widely varying characteristics that lead to technical gameplay. With guns, even factoring in things like different reload times, it's harder to make them handle in fundamentally different ways.

I guess what I mean is more in the level design/enemy intelligence area. Give me levels with a handful of specifically placed bad guys that are just as capable of wrecking my shit over hundreds of shooting gallery cardboard cut outs any day of the week.

jshackles

Couldn't find a good page to link, but poking around the web it appears they have licenses for everything and actually work pretty closely with some of the smaller companies to have versions of their games implemented. The system itself apparently has existed for quite a while now off of Steam.

Good to know. I read some of the developer's replies on their forum as well, and it seems that their use of "Dungeons and Dragons" rulesets only include things that Wizards of the Coast have specifically marked as "Open gaming content".

Which is fine, but still doesn't address my initial concern that they are using the Dungeons and Dragons trademark without permission. Their website seems to go to great lengths to NOT have the words "Dungeons and Dragons" on it, instead saying things like "it supports 3.5 and 4E".

Not that I really care, since I sold all of my D&D stuff years ago. Just curious is all.

Zafir

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Javier23

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Really Big Sky -- MB-6E6639136FD40772 - Taken by johnssy123. 5 entrants total.
Bad Hotel -- MB-4E538E5BABE0D917 - Taken by Firehead. 5 entrants total.
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe -- MB-A1280ED4352231FC - Taken by MadBrad. 4 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-FA623DCF027EC0B4 - Taken by GaussTek. 1 entrants total.
Knytt Underground -- MB-3C3E03B33F25B71C - Taken by bronson. 5 entrants total.

t1399663588z1.png
Enjoy.

I followed that thread for a little bit. That would be the game to make me buy a ps4.

although I kind of gathered that the guns in that game would maybe just be kind of an auxiliary much like how sorceries, pyromancy, miracles, hexes and bows work in Souls series proper.

I guess what I mean is more in the level design/enemy intelligence area. Give me levels with a handful of specifically placed bad guys that are just as capable of wrecking my shit over hundreds of shooting gallery cardboard cut outs any day of the week.

shotgun in one hand, greatsword in the other? I'd be ok with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom