• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

I've been playing Bound by Flame around 80 minutes, I like what I played so far. Although the game is kicking my ass atm (there's 4 difficulty, I chose the third one or hard mode I think)

The combat system is pretty interesting so far, and the regular enemies hit pretty damn hard as well, it's a challenge and I like it. Story is standard fare so far although it's kinda weird hearing someone say "dickhead" in a fantasy setting.

Game looks pretty alright for what it's worth. Definitely not disappointed shelling out $16 dollars for it.

9C31326654F0BBB1A60505E7085EBC9A2BD009DD
E80821E19EB3E6CDB2E5ABD9FE2A3CD88AA4B6B5

Doh.

I guess I'll for Killer is Dead instead.

Although Transistor is pretty cheap on Russian steam store, so there's that.

the fuck, that looks kind of good, please be good

because i really like the visuals

I watched the trailers and bought it because of the visuals, I may have just wasted £15.

Do let us know what you think of the gameplay.

I found the gameplay left a lot to be desired when I played it on iOS. The world is lovely, but the core of the game focuses on the same repetitive mini-game type thing, where you're plucking flowers off of giants.

I really dug walking around the island, but there are SO MANY instances of that flower mini-game, which is kind of the only thing to do.

Granted the store pages cites that they've tweaked on that for the PC release, but I dunno. I just wish there was more to do in what I played. I played like 2-3 hours on iOS and was still in the starting area, pulling flowers off of the backs of dudes.

I've been playing Bound by Flame around 80 minutes, I like what I played so far. Although the game is kicking my ass atm (there's 4 difficulty, I chose the third one or hard mode I think)

The combat system is pretty interesting so far, and the regular enemies hit pretty damn hard as well, it's a challenge and I like it. Story is standard fare so far although it's kinda weird hearing someone say "dickhead" in a fantasy setting.

Game looks pretty alright for what it's worth. Definitely not disappointed shelling out $16 dollars for it.

Is it region restricted? How many keys on the world wide web?

Tizoc

Unless I can find Transistor for under $20, I'll be getting Killer is Dead first unless they delay it again.

zkylon

zkylewd

interesting, keep the impressions coming

i feel like spiders' games are hard to appraise by traditional reviews

Kiru

Do you know the name of the mother? The one with the.. pearl necklace? I uh......

I will just point you in the right direction. The name of this piece of art is "Familie Immerscharf" and now we should stop talking about this...

Can someone explain to me the tf2 key->games market that you guys casually mention whenever a new game comes out? I feel like I kinda know what it's about but im just trying to understand why someone would trade a game for tf2 keys.

Kiru

Can someone explain to me the tf2 key->games market that you guys casually mention whenever a new game comes out? I feel like I kinda know what it's about but im just trying to understand why someone would trade a game for tf2 keys.
Did you play Diablo 2 and trade a lot ? TF2 Key = Stone of Jordan. lol.

I have never done it (yet) but you buy TF2 Keys or Dota 2 keys and trade them for games that were bought cheaper in Russia so you essentially pay less for games.

Zafir

Basically, people in Russia/CIS can get the games for cheaper because games are cheaper there. People wouldn't buy them if they weren't cheap, because most can't afford them at the prices we pay. Consequently, people sell these games for keys. Why keys? They're easily buyable and sellable on Steam, plus you can use the Steam trading interface to trade for added security.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

TF2 keys are just the trade currency, since Valve won't let you trade Steam Wallet money directly.

Basically, one user (typically in Russia) buys a game for cheap, then trades it to you for a certain number of TF2 keys. Or CS:GO keys, or DOTA2 keys, whatever.

You get the game, then the seller can sell the keys on the Steam marketplace to make his/her money back + a small profit.

Game cheaper in third world country, they can make a small overhead on the deal. Find them on tf2trades website, message them, buy keys and then trade. Has to be not region locked in most cases, that's the abridged version, lol.

Aerocrane

You probably understand the whole getting cheaper games from Russian Steam thing. Basically with TF2 keys a trader who sells the game will make a small amount of profit my receiving amount of keys that is slightly higher than the amount of money they paid for the game. These TF2 keys can then be changed back into real money by selling them on at a trading site with paypal.

kris.

Banned

Anteater

This video should give you a better idea of the Lili gameplay (pre whatever revamps they've done).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g2TMbaG4Uw

It's basically Fruit Ninja meets Infinity Blade. I'm curious to see what they've changed for the PC release though, because that wasn't any fun beyond the first hour or so.

hmm, yeah, the basic gameplay seems like it could get old quick if they didn't improve it, the description on the page made it sound really cool though

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Well that was a waste. Bought the Sonic Collection off Humble Store so I could give it as a gift, but forgot to mark it as a gift and it ended up being claimed by me (my own fault I know).

Attempting to get the unused, unredeemed code, sent to the proper person I wanted to gift it to via contacting Humble Store's support has only lead to the message "we are unable to accomplish such a task" despite knowing full well they have done so in the past for others.

I miss when it was just keys from them.

didamangi

AFAIK, Russian (and Ukraine) have lower prices for games and tf2 store. A TF2 key (or a Dota 2 treasure key/CS GO crate key) is $2.5 on the in game store, Russian can sell the keys on the community market lower than $2.5 and still have a profit. So you can see a cycle going on there from RU trader to potential buyer and back.

Knurek

I know that the Might & Magix X deal was 'only' 50% off, but looking at all the gushing posts in the OT (including Durante ones), it's good enough for me (especially for Deluxe Edition).

didamangi

Alright, got it now. thanks duders. Now, whether to explore this rabbit hole or not...

I don't see why not. Publishers can choose to block it if they want to. They've the option to do so. Some do but some don't. Have been doing so for almost 2 years and the savings are tremendous for a 3rd world guy like me. That and GMG Playfire as well.

Oh, and some traders offer Transistor for 6 keys btw.

Tizoc

I know that the Might & Magix X deal was 'only' 50% off, but looking at all the gushing posts in the OT (including Durante ones), it's good enough for me (especially for Deluxe Edition).

I take it it doesn't offer the DLC that's available for it? When I redeemed my Key it also gave me M&M 6, and now in my Steam Library I have M&M 6 and M&M 6 Heroes, what's the difference between them?

Dambrosi

Banned
the fuck, that looks kind of good, please be good

because i really like the visuals
The game looks very WiiU-ish, in that there's a light sheen on everything, like in the Super Mario Galaxy games, which IMO looks very attractive.

Here's hoping it's actually got the gameplay chops to back up its graphic splendour...

This video should give you a better idea of the Lili gameplay (pre whatever revamps they've done).

It's basically Fruit Ninja meets Infinity Blade. I'm curious to see what they've changed for the PC release though, because that wasn't any fun beyond the first hour or so.
...which it sorta doesn't, but I'm shocked at how good that mobile phone game looks. Wow. Though the PC version still seems to be a fairly significant graphical upgrade, at least.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I Shall Remain is now available as an Early Access title for $14.99.

About the Game

I Shall Remain is an Action and Survival Role-playing game developed by Scorpius Games. Situated in an alternate history at the end of the Second World War, when Nazis managed to release a deadly virus over US territory, the game tells the story of two brothers and their intricate relation with the apocalyptic world rising in the leftovers of the Z0M81 Pandemic ravage. The presentation takes the form of an old movie recording where the player is invited to take the lead and discover the truth about the infection and the future of the human race.

I Shall Remain is a story driven game, uses a dynamic real-time Day/Night system to put everything in context, and a Weather system to enhance the mood and influence the way you play the game. Together with our Discussion/Dialog system and the way decisions are implemented define an important step towards being as realistically as possible.

Oh man, I feel bad for anyone that dropped $20 on this for PC. That kind of crap needs to stay on phones. The aesthetic is certainly beautiful, but swipe gameplay can rot in hell with quicktime events.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You guys reckon Keroblaster will make it to steam eventually?

Lomax

Finally found the list of Fantasy Grounds approved publishers.

I'm not surprised that WotC isn't on the list.

I doubt they would have the game pulled from the store, but I suspect they'll need to change their game's description as to not be violating a trademark.

From reading that post, that list seems to be directed towards people making additional content. I would imagine any license from WotC/Hasbro would be on a case by case basis and not open to others or sub-licensing. And while this program may be new to us on Steam, it's apparently been around for 5+ years and is extremely well known in the RPG community from what I've been able to find, so I'd imagine they have their ducks in a row when it comes to licensing. Interestingly in googling the products, a lot of what I found were Kickstarters for pen and paper RPG modules that had a Fantasy Grounds module as a stretch reward.

Is Hola a good idea for getting Metro LL from the Humble Store at US price? Would be using PayPal, but have absolutely no idea how safe it is, since Hola is built around the man-in-the-middle idea .

$16? Where at? I was gonna pick it up at GMG for $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom