• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
lol at a Reddit conversation about an Enhanced Steam feature:

Guy 1: Hey guys, did you see that you can add custom amounts to your wallet now?
Guy 2: This isn't new, it's part of Enhanced Steam. If Steam now has this without ES it still isn't new, they just finally implemented it.

Obviously I'm paraphrasing, but I got a chuckle out of that.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Coldfire Keep, a Greenlight game, is now available for $6.99, no discount.

About the Game

An ancient power lies hidden, deep within Coldfire Keep, threatening the peaceful town of Newsettle.

Now four friends must take it upon themselves to become heroes, and venture into the depths on a quest to secure their town's future.

Coldfire Keep is a traditional, old-school dungeon crawler, lovingly hand-crafted for fans of the genre. Featuring grid-based movement, and active turn-based combat, Coldfire Keep draws inspiration from classic late 80's and early 90's dungeon crawling adventures.

ss_f79df300f5b3e258349d473858a03bbdb65b5c8c.1920x1080.jpg

ss_aee193bdf94840fe8fac8fc20df8457d459e6b6f.1920x1080.jpg

Knurek

I take it it doesn't offer the DLC that's available for it? When I redeemed my Key it also gave me M&M 6, and now in my Steam Library I have M&M 6 and M&M 6 Heroes, what's the difference between them?

This is the Deluxe Edition, so has two DLCs currently released available.

M&M 6 is a RPG, similar to Legend of Grimrock
M&M 6 Heroes is a turn based strategy, similar to Age of Wonders or King's Bounty.

Kiru

Bah, the GMG code worked on Wolfenstein, but it wouldn't let me use my credit too.

Read about this on steamgifts the other day. Seems it's true that you can't use credit anymore with coupons because of playfire. Or maybe just certain coupons are not usable anymore.

EDIT: Yep, looks like Credit is unusable with 25% off coupons. 20% are fine.

Read about this on steamgifts the other day. Seems it's true that you can't use credit anymore with coupons because of playfire. Or maybe just certain coupons are not usable anymore.

......That makes playfire useless because 9 times out of 10 25 percent off is going to be more than the credit I have. Guess it can go towards very small, cheap games :/

Levyne

Banned

It must feel pretty good to read things like that huh?

I don't have enhanced steam but since jshackles added me on Steam now I want to stop being lame and go get it. It's just a browser extension for chrome, right?

Dambrosi

Banned
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Humble Store has Final Fantasy III for pre-order.

$15.99, no mention of a release date.
Gotta be soon, right?
It's £10.99 in the UK, which means it's actually competitively priced. Holy Shit.
I'll wait for Green Man to get their preorders up, I should have enough credit to buy it outright with a coupon to help.

EDIT: Yep, looks like Credit is unusable with 25% off coupons. 20% are fine.
Wait a sec, GMG only dish out 25% coupons for selected special occasions/titles, don't they? Normally it's 20% off £/$/€10+ purchases, or 10% off any price.

Nzyme32

Nice. Oddly enough, I was using Enhanced steam and going through my wishlist, deleting games I already owned. I was getting annoyed because everytime I was going for the "remove" button, enhanced steam would load up the best prices section thus moving the remove button. By the time I got to the end of the list..... I realised you had made a button that automatically deletes all of the owned games from the list.... you really thought of everything haha

Yaska

It's £10.99 in the UK, which means it's actually competitively priced. Holy Shit.
I'll wait for Green Man to get their preorders up, I should have enough credit to buy it outright with a coupon to help.

Wait a sec, GMG only dish out 25% coupons for selected special occasions/titles, don't they? Normally it's 20% off £/$/€10+ purchases, or 10% off any price.

Shows 13 EUR for me for the FF3, so pretty nicely priced.

Volimar

I love enhanced steam.

That is all.

I started a games giveaway to help raise funds for DocSeuss. Initially it was just a Dark Souls II giveaway, but lots of kind people have donated games(including Limbo, Cave Story+, To The Moon and more!). Most of them will activate on Steam. Thought you guys might be interested: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812743

I have a gift copy of Takedown: Red Sabre. No idea how to get a code for it, or if I can. But I could gift it to you and you could regift it to the winner, or something.

Kaper

I've got a steam support ticket I submitted 4 days ago, and it has not been responded to yet. Is this normal? It's ridiculous that it is taking so long.

Joe Molotov

I accidentally set up a second Playfire account, seperate from my GMG account, before I read that I should use my GMG login info. Am I just screwed now? I sent them a request to merge me accounts...ummm...two weeks ago, and got no response.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't have enhanced steam but since jshackles added me on Steam now I want to stop being lame and go get it. It's just a browser extension for chrome, right?

What???

I just downloaded it, getting my bearings.

Okay, redeemed. :) Also, I've been enjoying your screenshots on my Steam feed.

I'm interested in hearing your impressions of Enhanced Steam, and of course let me know if something isn't working correctly.

Nice. Oddly enough, I was using Enhanced steam and going through my wishlist, deleting games I already owned. I was getting annoyed because everytime I was going for the "remove" button, enhanced steam would load up the best prices section thus moving the remove button. By the time I got to the end of the list..... I realised you had made a button that automatically deletes all of the owned games from the list.... you really thought of everything haha

I try to think of everything, but if something isn't working the way you expect, let me know. For example, you could disable the price history data on the wishlist in the settings (even if just temporarily) if it's bothersome.

I love enhanced steam.

That is all.

I love you guys too, you're awesome.

Also - looks like I won Jet Car Stunts from Aucool. Thanks man!

Zafir

I accidentally set up a second Playfire account, seperate from my GMG account, before I read that I should use my GMG login info. Am I just screwed now? I sent them a request to merge me accounts...ummm...two weeks ago, and got no response.
When I last asked, they said they couldn't merge and would let me know when they could. Haven't heard anything since.

Until they can do it, I'm just collecting reward money in the hope that they'll eventually merge my two accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom