• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Apologies if I missed this previously, but does anyone know when Rio will be back (assuming he'll be back, that is)?

Copons

cities in motion 2, yay or nay?

CIM2 is a very interesting game, if you're into LOTS of micro-micro-micro-management. And I mean, really micro, as in adjusting timetables (down to 15 minutes steps IIRC) for all your lines and all weekdays.

It has some slightly annoying stuff going on in UI and controls, like when you have a neighborhood crowded with lines it's hard to understand what is what, but nothing really serious, and I guess it's kind of inevitable.

Just in case, keep in mind that it has basically zero city building aspects. You can create roads, but then buildings around them will pop up automatically.

And I guess it really help if you're used to.. erm... US/UK/northern-central-EU hours, because I'm Italian and I just can't get the grip of how "ROW" rush hours work... :'(
Also I wake up at around 11 so fuck all that stuff like morning rush hour at 7-8, what is that, why you people want to live in the shadow, are you vampires? DO YOU LIKE TWILIGHT OR SOMETHING?

Thank you so much for Shadow Warrior, Copons! It's been at the top of my wishlist for quite a while now. :D

Pleasure is all mine! It was the same for me, and now I'm finally installing it, so it better be good as people say!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, that's one way to address the whole "the new releases category is filled with nothing but junk lately" complaint, at least. >.>

Don't worry though, in the next version of Enhanced Steam you'll be able to decide which tab is displayed when you visit the home page.

By default, it will just remember the last tab you were on the last time you were on the home page. But you can set it in the options if you'd like to always see "New Releases", "Coming Soon", "Specials", or "Popular".

Skyzard

Banned
CIM2 is a very interesting game, if you're into LOTS of micro-micro-micro-management. And I mean, really micro, as in adjusting timetables (down to 15 minutes steps IIRC) for all your lines and all weekdays.

It has some slightly annoying stuff going on in UI and controls, like when you have a neighborhood crowded with lines it's hard to understand what is what, but nothing really serious, and I guess it's kind of inevitable.

Just in case, keep in mind that it has basically zero city building aspects. You can create roads, but then buildings around them will pop up automatically.

And I guess it really help if you're used to.. erm... US/UK/northern-central-EU hours, because I'm Italian and I just can't get the grip of how "ROW" rush hours work... :'(
Also I wake up at around 11 so fuck all that stuff like morning rush hour at 7-8, what is that, why you people want to live in the shadow, are you vampires? DO YOU LIKE TWILIGHT OR SOMETHING?

Pleasure is all mine! It was the same for me, and now I'm finally installing it, so it better be good as people say!

Haha.

*people pleasers*

thanks for the info! I will be passing. Shadow warrior downloading now though >_<

Copons

I don't think Community will be back so soon :'(

#fiveseasonsandthatsit :'(

But at least
Alison-Brie-Jumping-With-Joy-For-Christmas-In-a-Santa-Outfit-On-Community.gif

rtcn63

You can always watched Spaced on YT. I've no confirmation that it's similar to Community, but I did like Spaced quite a bit. Black Books is good too.

Copons

You can always watched Spaced on YT. I've no confirmation that it's similar to Community, but I did like Spaced quite a bit. Black Books is good too.

Don't know about Black Books, but Spaced, while being totally great, is completely different from Community. Aside from the context, they both rely to nonsense humor, but they take a very distant approach between each other, like, probably because one is UK and the other is US, but I guess you English people would notice it way better than me.

Anyway, Simon Pegg >>>>> Alison Brie.

Tellaerin

Don't know about Black Books, but Spaced, while being totally great, is completely different from Community. Aside from the context, they both rely to nonsense humor, but they take a very distant approach between each other, like, probably because one is UK and the other is US, but I guess you English people would notice it way better than me.

Anyway, Simon Pegg >>>>> Alison Brie.

I'd much rather look at Alison Brie's boobs than I would Simon Pegg's. >.>

rtcn63

I figured they were dissimilar, but I was on IMDB, and folks were recommending Community on the Spaced board. I went to community college, and never really cared to watch an episode.

Also Alan Partridge is interesting. Entirely cringe-worthy, but intentionally so.

Copons

DUDE. That was my Steam GOTY for 2013. I think it's a damn fine giveaway.

WHAT

this game is great :( only thing i'd say i don't like about it is the dialogue

akgfdkfhkdafj I just meant that it is on sale right now, like, a full price game would have arguably been a better giveaway, wouldn't it? :D

also 2013 Steam GOTY was BioInf, sorry :(

never played BioInf and I kinda hate Bioshock games, but still! :D

Colin.

It appears that getting Game Dev Tycoon in the Humble sale was a wise decision. I didn't expect it to grab me as much as it did, put over 4 hours into it already today, which is something I don't typically do. Pretty simple premise/mechanics, but very addictive!

Also Alan Partridge is interesting. Entirely cringe-worthy, but intentionally so.

I'm Alan Partridge is great. Up there with my favourite comedy shows. The movie Alpha Papa wasn't nearly as great though, which was a big disappointment for me.

Watch Peep Show.

I second this motion.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It appears that getting Game Dev Tycoon in the Humble sale was a wise decision. I didn't expect it to grab me as much as it did, put over 4 hours into it already today, which is something I don't typically do. Pretty simple premise/mechanics, but very addictive!

It's way more addictive than I thought it would be. Plus there are mods that can give you more options once you start to feel bored with it.

I'd much rather look at Alison Brie's boobs than I would Simon Pegg's. >.>

tumblr_inline_mqrwlwHL4G1qln6qn.gif

Colin.

Other than someone scamming you not sending a valid key is there anything to be concerned about buying a key on eBay?

If anything, you're better covered when buying keys on eBay. On account of Paypal protection, and the fact that eBay support tends to take the side of the buyer more often than not when a problem arises.

Sky Chief

If anything, you're better covered when buying keys on eBay. On account of Paypal protection, and the fact that eBay support tends to take the side of the buyer more often than not when a problem arises.

Thanks, would eBay be the best place to get a Watch_Dogs key? I am so pissed off that if I would have waited two days to buy my graphics card i would have gotten that for free.

Tellaerin

akgfdkfhkdafj I just meant that it is on sale right now, like, a full price game would have arguably been a better giveaway, wouldn't it? :D

Bah. All that matters is the spirit it's given in. : )

also 2013 Steam GOTY was BioInf, sorry :(

never played BioInf and I kinda hate Bioshock games, but still! :D

Hey, I did say, "my Steam GOTY". Not my fault if other people can't recognize excellence. :p

Well, to be fair, I still haven't gotten around to playing the Bioshock games yet, so I couldn't really have voted for BioInf as Steam GOTY regardless. :p That doesn't make Shadow Warrior any less awesome, though.

Uraizen

Banned
Dunno if anybody has posted this yet, but Killer is Dead is available for pre-order at gamefly for 10% off.

What makes this even more awesome is this coupon: MAY20OFF

Subtotal: $17.99
Less Coupons: ($3.60)
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $14.39

Says it requires Steam for activation, so it's a Steam key.

Amzin

I'm a little confused, anyone else seeing this on Killer Is Dead? Is this a bug with my Chrome or with Enhanced Steam? The Russian -> US price I mean.

KIDRussiabucks.png

Edit: Whoops, huge image is huge

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm a little confused, anyone else seeing this on Killer Is Dead? Is this a bug with my Chrome or with Enhanced Steam? The Russian -> US price I mean.

KIDRussiabucks.png

Edit: Whoops, huge image is huge

I looks like you have Enhanced Steam installed in addition to another plugin that's giving you the pricing information. I might be a little biased, but I'm pretty certain that the value in Enhanced Steam is much closer to correct.

Relevant link

Tizoc

Oh man having played more than 10 2014 PC games I'm really psyched to cast my votes for SteamGAF's GotY 2014!
Hopefully this time Top 5 won't consist of straight line corridor cinematic murder simulators.

Arena Murder simulators are OK.

Tizoc

GAF who do I gotta Praise for this masterpiece to be on Steam?
456714-mwc_wp1_1024.jpg

Because I would praise SO HORD to fuck up America as the President.

Grief.exe

If I play something better than Dark Souls 2, I'll be pretty happy. Given the remaining lineup, I think that is pretty unlikely.

Would take an impressive game to dethrone Souls right now. Not even half way through the year and Dark Souls 2 is probably going to end up as my GOTY by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom