• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I would be wiling to pay ~20 dollars for all the cods not including ghosts. Get it together Activision. Also Fall of Cybertron still being 60 reg is silly.

i34rakHYr5gJX.png

Tenrius

So I played through the training in Battlefront II (took like 20 minutes) and everything worked fine. Not sure about the aspect ration though, it seems to be 4:3 (with correct proportions), even though I set the resolution to 1080p. I suppose it can be worked around, of course.

They have some balls on them charging $15 for the original Call of Duty and $15 for the expansion

Not to mention $30 for black ops 1

nothing to see here

Knurek

Both War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron were 75% off in the latest Amazon sale. $5 and $15 respectively, the base price for Fall is just out of control.

True, but a) this is Acti we're talking about, and b) there's a general, long-running tendency to reduce the general discount and just about make every sale unappealing (current Disney sale is also 66% off, and who can forget that lovely Capcom DLC sale).

Dr Dogg

So I played through the training in Battlefront II (took like 20 minutes) and everything worked fine. Not sure about the aspect ration though, it seems to be 4:3 (with correct proportions), even though I set the resolution to 1080p. I suppose it can be worked around, of course.

According to WSGF it's Hori+ so it should be native to your monitors aspect ratio.

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/star-wars-battlefront-ii

Literally three posts above yours. Starting to get frustrated by this.

Just wait until the May Day sale happens. You'll be having kittens!

Grief.exe

They have some balls on them charging $15 for the original Call of Duty and $15 for the expansion

nothing to see here

True, but a) this is Acti we're talking about, and b) there's a general, long-running tendency to reduce the general discount and just about make every sale unappealing (current Disney sale is also 66% off, and who can forget that lovely Capcom DLC sale).

Sure, it's possible, but just going by the information we have from the Amazon sale.

DocSeuss

I have just been fired.

Apparently, people complained about me, but the specific nature of these complaints were not detailed. In fact, it's "not my job to tell you about any complaints. Sometimes, thing just don't work out."

Fuck.

condolences, man. Hope something better comes along.

Sure, it's possible, but just going by the information we have from the Amazon sale.

Activision always does this, they'll be $12.99 each on a daily sale or something. I know that their sale prices are stupid.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110265781&postcount=103

There. Specifics.

I don't

I really don't know what to do right now.

Can't get on unemployment, haven't made enough money to qualify.

You could always get a friend to call the place you used to work at, pretend they're calling to check your job history since you're looking for a job with them, and see if your boss spills the beans that way? I don't know man, I'm sorry.

Wish I had the means to help you.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Well- I said yesterday 'it's my birthday month so it's time to buy games!'

Didn't expect I'd see a deal on May 1st that I wanted.

Bought myself shadowrun + expansion. Woooo!!! Excited for this since Baldur's gate 2 EE doesn't work at all.

Khronico

I have just been fired.

Apparently, people complained about me, but the specific nature of these complaints were not detailed. In fact, it's "not my job to tell you about any complaints. Sometimes, thing just don't work out."

Fuck.

Wish there was something I could do man. I really hope something works out for you!

NotSelf

Ooh no idea but here's the list of key bindings.

https://shadowrun-returns.wikispaces.com/Keyboard+Controls

Most isometric RPGs I've played over the countless years you could get away using just the mouse except for a few actions. Hopefully someone might be able to chime in.

Other then some hacking parts, where you have to type in a code, I'm pretty sure you can play it just using the mouse.

Yeah, that's a fair assessment of the original campaign. Dragonfall adds in a lot more options for role-playing and feels a lot less linear. Combat is pretty easy in both campaigns.

Thanks guys!

Grief.exe

Remember when Denmark sponsored a Minecraft version of their town to allow people to explore the city? I thought it was just available for download, I didn't know they had hosted this on a server. Apparently hilarity ensued.

Since last week users of the Minecraft computer game have been able to explore a life-size model of Denmark in the game.

READ MORE: Gamers can virtually visit and download Denmark in Minecraft

But DR Nyheder reports that within a couple of days the model had been changed radically and the creators of the model will now reboot it.

Chris Hammeken, the chief press officer at the geodata agency Geodatastyrelsen, which originally constructed the model, described some of the modifications users have already made.

Levelled to the ground
“Several large Danish towns have been levelled to the ground and a lot of new things have been built all over the place. We don’t have a complete overview yet, but we’ll probably choose to reconstruct Copenhagen and the other cities,” he told DR.

A user of the entertainment, social networking and news website Reddit, RandomDKguy, posted a screenshot of American tanks invading an area of Copenhagen, complete with a number of Stars and Stripes flying, under the title ‘Americans are going amok in the Denmark map in Minecraft’.

At the time of the model’s launch, Thorbjørn Nielsen, one of the model’s co-creators, had appealed to users to “make changes in Minecraft-Denmark with respect and show consideration for others”.

http://cphpost.dk/news/minecraft-gamers-tear-virtual-denmark-to-the-ground.9385.html

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Unbelievable, he really has got no shame.

If nothing else, I hope this gets Valve's attention and they stop letting this type of buffoonery on their store. Jim was right to make fun of this "game", but he probably got this guy all kinds of sales by doing it.

Dr Dogg

Kind of reminds me if that time I went to Legoland and got in big trouble trying to take apart some of the landmarks there.

Dambrosi

Banned
Steam early access is absolute shit, fig 10029430495

MEwIzMW.png
afro-shaking-head-no.gif

I don't get the reference or dig at Jim Sterling.
Jim did this video on the Tubes Of You where he eviscerated the game in particular, and Steam's lack of curation in general for allowing such shitstains on its market, even as Early access, to begin with.

As ever in these cases, Jim was right on the button, and someone got butthurt over it.

Evrain

nothing to see here
Trust me, I still wonder how in the seven hells I managed to snag a code for BO2 for 7€.
I think it has something to do with a massive debt my friend had with me over ice cream and hamburgers.

I have just been fired.

Fuck.

Shitty HR if they can't tell you WHY you are getting fired. Sorry dude, that really really sucks.

first post nails it

This Activision sale is pathetic. Absurdly high prices for old ass games

wait for the dailies .jpg

Jedi Academy is really fun. Probably the best light saber combat I've played. Any recommended mods? Visuals upgrades? I already know about the blood/dismemberment mods.

Dambrosi

Banned
im not suggesting pirating, that is against gaf's rules, but just that people realize where their money is going.
Yes, but your logic is flawed in that to legally own the game, someone has to buy it, and Acti gets that money in any case.

Therefore, if you want to play Bloodlines (as you should), you don't already own the game, and you wish to protest what happened to Troika, then it behooves you to pay the least amount possible for the game, so that the amount Acti gets is correspondingly less, does it not?

Tecl0n

Jedi Academy is really fun. Probably the best light saber combat I've played. Any recommended mods? Visuals upgrades? I already know about the blood/dismemberment mods.

Not many visual mods, but there are many for multiplayer (the source code for single player was released for the public only last year). I stopped, but for many, MANY years i played moviebattles, there's bound to be some people there still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom