• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I have a Luftrausers coupon for 40% off, it's up for grabs if you promise to use it to buy the game and not trade it.

Khronico

Jedi Academy is really fun. Probably the best light saber combat I've played. Any recommended mods? Visuals upgrades? I already know about the blood/dismemberment mods.

http://www.moviebattles.com/

This mod is a really good multiplayer mod that adds tons of modes, maps, and characters to the multiplayer. Really fun if you can get a group together.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/serenitysabersystems

Another outstanding mod for both SP and MP that overhauls the entire combat system to add much more depth (Think chivalry with lightsabers and force powers).

coopolon

im not suggesting pirating, that is against gaf's rules, but just that people realize where their money is going.

Has troika (which doesn't even exist anymore does it?) alleged that Activision is in breach of contract and stealing troikas money by not giving them royalties from sales?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Late to the party but getting a free copy of Battleblock Theatre is awesome. The game's great. Also it was my 30th birthday yesterday and I got a £30 App Store gift card. I need to let family members know about Steam gift cards!

Ruruja

Late to the party but getting a free copy of Battleblock Theatre is awesome. The game's great. Also it was my 30th birthday yesterday and I got a £30 App Store gift card. I need to let family members know about Steam gift cards!

Happy birthday for yesterday, good sir.

The Dark Forces games are probably a bit dated at this point, so I wouldn't normally recommend them unless you are specifically looking for it.

I'm playing Star Wars: Dark Forces for the first time right now and honestly it's held up pretty well. If someone is willing to play and enjoys playing older shooters like Doom or Quake I wouldn't steer them away from Dark Forces.

I just gotta figure out how to re-map look up and down from page up and down.

For anyone complaining about the activision sale (or lack of) is it not assumed that those games like original Call of Duty will get a 75% off discount at some point this weekend? Although I do agree that activision has a twisted idea of the value of their games given how old they are.

Corpekata

Banned
For anyone complaining about the activision sale (or lack of) is it not assumed that those games like original Call of Duty will get a 75% off discount at some point this weekend? Although I do agree that activision has a twisted idea of the value of their games given how old they are.

A COD sale for 75 percent off is rare for even the oldest titles in the catalog.

Dr Dogg

I'm playing Star Wars: Dark Forces for the first time right now and honestly it's held up pretty well. If someone is willing to play and enjoys playing older shooters like Doom or Quake I wouldn't steer them away from Dark Forces.

There's some great LucasArts Easter eggs in there as well.

I quite liked the sequel as well, mainly for the gaudy FMV cutscenes we all used to dig in the 90's but adding the Lightsaber into the mix was great.

Then Jedi Outcast happened and took it to another level.

Kiru

I am getting drops from Aerena. If you paid money for the game you will get cards. If not, you won't. So gift copies won't get cards. (Which is to be expected.) I got it from a bundle so I guess that's why I am getting card drops.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/247830/discussions/0/558754899112721627/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/247830/discussions/0/558754899112721627/#c558754899171800757

Dev added that 30 minutes ago. Basically, will reach out to Valve to see if they can enable card drops for gifted copies of Aerena.

Dr Dogg

All someone needs to do now is come in and ask "Hey guys what gaming headset should I get?" and Grief will have an aneurism.

Grief.exe

All someone needs to do now is come in and ask "Hey guys what gaming headset should I get?" and Grief will have an aneurism.

iQy0CX1aqq8KL.gif

Bought and played Jedi Academy last year and loved it, should I buy the rest of the Jedi Knight and Dark Forces games as well? They seem to be beloved games.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Guys, 12 pages already?

I'm guessing we'll be moving to bi-weekly soon :p

True story.

I purchased a gaming headset years ago for my PS3. Recently the site I got it from has been spamming me with offers, so I went to unsubscribe. Turns out they gave me $6 bonus credit for buying it, which meant free Blazblue.

Then those 5 ~$1 anime cards kicked in.

So basically Grief has always been wrong and headsets are the only way to go.

Bought and played Jedi Academy last year and loved it, should I buy the rest of the Jedi Knight and Dark Forces games as well? They seem to be beloved games.

Jedi Knight 2 would be a must play for you. It has a bit of a slow start until you get the lightsaber, but once you do it is still amazing. The earlier games will not hold up as well (queue somebody saying they are still the best game ever) so I'd consider them more a niche at this stage. Get them if you feel you would enjoy playing something like Doom again.

Is Steam down?
BTW guys, what gaming headset should I get?

--

Random: Games with Steam achievements (or achievements in general) should totally give you those status updates on how many you have toward a goal when there are milestones.

Like this "Deal 5000 total damage" in Blackguards. I think that's manageable before the Playfire Reward deadline, but since I have no idea how much damage I've done so far over the course of the game, I can't tell if I'm wasting time going for it when I could be working on other games. >_<

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Bound By Flame for 9 keys, aaaah yes so good. Hopefully i'll be getting a steady 60fps rather than a steady 30 - 60fps.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Random: Games with Steam achievements (or achievements in general) should totally give you those status updates on how many you have toward a goal when there are milestones.

Like this "Deal 5000 total damage" in Blackguards. I think that's manageable before the Playfire Reward deadline, but since I have no idea how much damage I've done so far over the course of the game, I can't tell if I'm wasting time going for it when I could be working on other games. >_<

This is already possible, but most developers don't bother setting it up this way. Games like Portal and Bioshock Infinite have these kinds of stats, for example.

aku:jiki

Thinking about getting that COD:World At War only because of all the zombie possibilities.
Store is down right now so I can't check what you'd be getting, but keep in mind that you need all the DLC packs for zombies to be fun. The default map is only 2 rooms and doesn't have any cool features whatsoever. No power, no wunderwaffe, no monkey, etc. I think it actually does have a magic box...

With the map packs, though, it's my favorite iteration of zombies. Der Riese is the best.

apologi for bad english but when were you when steam dies?

i was sat at home when gabe ring

"steam is kill"

"no"
I love this post with all my heart.

What kind of gaming headset would be good for the May Day Sale?

I C WAT U DID THAR.

Nice...

This is already possible, but most developers don't bother setting it up this way. Games like Portal and Bioshock Infinite have these kinds of stats, for example.

I know. I'm just saying it should be mandatory if you decide to implement an achievement like that. I can't remember what game I played recently that had it, but it was super useful when figuring out how much more I had to do in terms of farming or whatever... and I'm missing it when it comes to Blackguards.

Bound By Flame for 9 keys, aaaah yes so good. Hopefully i'll be getting a steady 60fps rather than a steady 30 - 60fps.

That's mighty tempting.
What's the word on Bound by Flame? All I know is someone mentioned it and it looked interesting so I put it on my wishlist... it looked a little bit like Dark Souls to me, but I haven't spent a lot of time researching it.

Maddocks

Store is down right now so I can't check what you'd be getting, but keep in mind that you need all the DLC packs for zombies to be fun. The default map is only 2 rooms and doesn't have any cool features whatsoever. No power, no wunderwaffe, no monkey, etc. I think it actually does have a magic box...

With the map packs, though, it's my favorite iteration of zombies. Der Riese is the best.

From my memory, which isn't great. I believe it was just for the game.

Flunkie

Banned

Yep, I'm trying to go through these games sequentially and I'm surprised how well they hold up. I'm currently on the second one. Dark Forces 2.

MRORANGE

This thread is turning into season 11 of the Simpsons,

I have just been fired.

Apparently, people complained about me, but the specific nature of these complaints were not detailed. In fact, it's "not my job to tell you about any complaints. Sometimes, thing just don't work out."

Fuck.

bad news, getting fired never feels good :( hope it gets better for you soon.

nice.

Happy Birthday!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
That's mighty tempting.
What's the word on Bound by Flame? All I know is someone mentioned it and it looked interesting so I put it on my wishlist... it looked a little bit like Dark Souls to me, but I haven't spent a lot of time researching it.

bound by flame is going to be a janky distinctly euro flavored rpg, just like their last game on Mars was

Basically yep and for the price I paid I'm happy to give it a go. Love me some euro RPG jankiness :)

Mars... was a hoot as well. Not really a great game but hell I had a blast with it anyway.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah their Mars game was fun for what it was

The thing I remember the most that had me in fits of laughter was the old voice acting (I think they patched in new voice acting). There was one part especially at the start where your character is introduced as a 'badass' and there's some big fat bald fuck picking on a weaker character.(as it's a prison) who you end up fighting.

Anyway the big fat bastard is walking around going 'I NEED A NEW ASS TO FUCK!' 'WHO DO I FUCK!' 'YOU! YOU LOOK LIKE A GOOD ASS TO FUCK!'

So incredibly ham fisted and shit but yet so good at the same time.

From who, if I may ask?

Oh it was some fella on Steamtrades who had a high rep. Not hard to find someone reliable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom