• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading and watching Destiny stuff makes me feel like

masterracealone8xjdr.gif

The thing I remember the most that had me in fits of laughter was the old voice acting (I think they patched in new voice acting). There was one part especially at the start where your character is introduced as a 'badass' and there's some big fat bald fuck picking on a weaker character.(as it's a prison) who you end up fighting.

The first thing I remember was something like "we didn't know if it was day or night", said standing below a big window with light streaming into it.

Tenrius

Well, I've had to "fix" Beyond Good and Evil and Bloodlines so far. I'm too lazy to go through the effort of sorting out a bunch of other games.

I played:

- Battlefront II
- Empire at War
- Dark Forces
- Jedi Outcast
- The Force Unleashed
- KotOR and KotOR II

Didn't have any issues whatsoever with those games, at least nothing that I can remember right now.

There's some great LucasArts Easter eggs in there as well.

I quite liked the sequel as well, mainly for the gaudy FMV cutscenes we all used to dig in the 90's but adding the Lightsaber into the mix was great.

Then Jedi Outcast happened and took it to another level.

I can't wait to replay Jedi Outcast. I didn't know what I was in for when I first played it. "Star Wars FPS, kinda neat...OMG LIGHTSABER!" I've just never played any of the games leading up to Jedi Outcast. Since I bought the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight collection for like 5$ figured I'd give the older games in the series a shot.

It's always such a trip going through these older fps's, the difference in level design is always kind jarring.

def sim

This mars game you guys are talking about sounds like a good time. I think I've seen a Giant Bomb thing of it, maybe I'll give that another look.

Also, happy birthday wetflame!

Dr Dogg

Reading and watching Destiny stuff makes me feel like.

If Destiny doesn't turn out to be Borderlands redux then morningbus can kick me in the happy sacks.

I can't wait to replay Jedi Outcast. I didn't know what I was in for when I first played it. "Star Wars FPS, kinda neat...OMG LIGHTSABER!" I've just never played any of the games leading up to Jedi Outcast. Since I bought the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight collection for like 5$ figured I'd give the older games in the series a shot.

It's always such a trip going through these older fps's, the difference in level design is always kind jarring.

Yeah sometimes it's easy to get caught up in nostalgia by some of the whacky map designs of yesteryear with the limited tech they had. Some though are still great though and Doom II and Quake are always a blast for me to replay.

Dark Forces has some really weird tower and pit locations that make little to no sense at all. Jedi Knight is a bit more grounded in giving some context to the locations and by Outcast it was way high in terms of design.

Caerith

I know. I'm just saying it should be mandatory if you decide to implement an achievement like that. I can't remember what game I played recently that had it, but it was super useful when figuring out how much more I had to do in terms of farming or whatever... and I'm missing it when it comes to Blackguards.
I like when games track achievements in this level of detail. I like it even more when games present the achievements in-game instead of using the overlay. I don't just mean having an in-game screen to track achievements rather than a smartass "click here to pop up the Steam overlay" button, but also having an in-game notification instead of (rather than in addition to) having the overlay achievement pop up.

onionfrog

I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything for a while since I'll just be playing Dark Souls 2.
But KOTOR 2 is on sale! Bought!

Is The Force Unleashed any good?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So how's Timeshift? I'm thinking about buying it after reading the positive comments on the store page.
I was playing it before dark souls came out and it was okay. The narrative feels like it is barely there and the guns feel irritatingly weak but the time powers are nifty. There doesn't seem to be controller support but it does feel like it was built around Mkb anyways.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just checked in on the Not on Steam sale from mid-2013. It was a sale designed to attract attention to games that weren't on Steam, many of which were on Greenlight. By my count, I see 38 games that were greenlit, 12 that haven't been, and 8 that weren't ever on Greenlight and still aren't on Steam.

Conclusion: Either the sale worked or Greenlight is not a particularly large hurdle to cross at this point if you're willing to wait a while.

onionfrog

Kinda janky at times due to it having 3 physics engines, but I enjoyed it overall. Didn't play the second one except for the demo, and didn't really care for it. I may pick it up during the summer sale.
The first one is kind of okay, but avoid the second one.
Thanks Guys. I may hold off on it for now. I've got a big enough backlog as it is.
Besides, I should save up for my first steam summer sale.

Mikaju

Is the latest Cabela game (Cabela's Big Game Hunter Pro Hunts) region locked or something? All the traders seems to only sell older ones.

Also any kind US based person wanna help me get Cabela's Hunting Expeditions from US steam store? Its not available anywhere else. Im trying to collect whole Cabela set.

DocSeuss

I'd say I have more time to play steam games now, but screw that.

I have a job to find. If I don't start looking, may just stop moving and never start again.

bad news, getting fired never feels good :( hope it gets better for you soon.

I've never been fired before.

I was threatened with it several times by a psycho boss who ended up calming down and becoming super friendly/apologetic once she finalized her divorce, but I've never actually been fired.

Like... everyone I've ever worked for has loved me. I literally do not understand how to deal with being fired because that means someone didn't like me and in real life, I work so hard to be great, that's... honestly, it's really hard for me to get my head around. I feel more insulted than panic right now.

ShogunX

Bit of a shitty give away but somebody might want to play the full game for a few days.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

6LmtXfr.png

Killing Floor Guest Pass -- MB-55B99BAAC1DD54FB

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Jedi Academy is really fun. Probably the best light saber combat I've played. Any recommended mods? Visuals upgrades? I already know about the blood/dismemberment mods.
I wish you could make it so grass is just there, not popping in 10 feet ahead of you.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get the hate for the second one. It's more of the same but prettier and like 3 hours long.

Ehhh, I just didn't enjoy it at all. I think it was mainly because of the story, along with some of the level design. I guess I just wanted it to be way better than what it was. Fuck the second game's good ending, though, it's so bad. I can't believe it was nominated by Writers Guild of America for outstanding video game writing when it was released.

Except for that fucking star destroyer section.

In the first one? I remember seeing the game's trailer and being really hyped for it and then I got to that section. So much disappointment. "Oh you get to destroy a star destroyer with the force. Sounds cool, how can we screw this up?"

MRORANGE

I'd say I have more time to play steam games now, but screw that.

I have a job to find. If I don't start looking, may just stop moving and never start again.

I've never been fired before.

I was threatened with it several times by a psycho boss who ended up calming down and becoming super friendly/apologetic once she finalized her divorce, but I've never actually been fired.

Like... everyone I've ever worked for has loved me. I literally do not understand how to deal with being fired because that means someone didn't like me and in real life, I work so hard to be great, that's... honestly, it's really hard for me to get my head around. I feel more insulted than panic right now.

The company not telling on why they got rid of you is a bit weird and it's annoying since you don't get any closure or rebuttal on what their reasoning, honestly if they can't say why it's just best to move on and find a better place to work at.

I got fired from a place who were failing to keep up with payments, was given a shitty reason for leaving and they tried to skew my leaving pay and overdue holiday pay, found out what was actually going on and managed to get what was owed to me.

Belmire

Even with the daily deals, they should be ashamed of themselves for even offering it for 15 bucks. All those games from 2011 and earlier should be under 5 bucks regular price. It's kind of insulting really.

Pengew

Has anyone ever had trouble copying games from one PC to another? For some reason it is trying to re-download the entire game and will not locate the files already installed. I have done this multiple times when I have to re-image or just moving to a second PC. This is the first time that it has not worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom