• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
What do they mean exactly? They mean if you have no internet connection or is there a separate online mode and campaign?

Online mode is similar to Dark Souls from my understanding. Some other person takes control of an NPC and tries to kill you while you're playing the campaign

Review is vague enough to where I doubt the person actually spent any time with the real game. Some people in the comments have said it seems like the person only played the beta as he doesn't go into any of the missions.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
So, a number of years ago, circa 2011, EviLore posted this thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451542

The purpose was to ban CD key reseller sites from being discussed on GAF. His logic was that since it was essentially impossible to determine the provenance of the keys they were selling (could be stolen, could be taken off of foreign retail copies, could be taken off foreign retail copies and double-sold, could require VPN activation, could be unauthorized resale) and there was essentially no liability or accountability mechanism, people would be likely to fall for it, get themselves in trouble, or lose access to their games. I suspect from EL's perspective it's also a liability issue for him that he wants to avoid.

That basically ended the issue for a few years, but lately I've noticed that an awful lot of people have been basically wandering in here to say "LOL is dis $10 key for a new retail game I found on RussiaKeyz.ru real? Well bot it newayz". It's sort of a support issue, it takes up a lot of posts in the thread, So this is me taking the opportunity to remind people that our stance site-wide is not to use those services and not to post them here. No one is going to get banned, obviously, since the crux of the issue is people not understanding the nature of the services, but just a reminder that we're asking people not to discuss them.

If you still plan on buying from those sites, by all means, it's your money and your account and don't let me stop you. But we've added several of the biggest key resale sites to GAF's block list and trying to post their URLs will result in them being ******ed out. I won't be providing a list of the URLs that we're blocking. This should also not be taken as an indication that sites we haven't blocked are somehow legit and there will probably be more names added to the list as it continues to come up.

There are so many people in GAF BST who arbitrage these grey keys. And it's a total business. They're not one-off selling things. Hell, one guy even advertises his website in that thread. That goes completely against the purpose of that thread, which is to BST with GAFers who don't run a business. The people using it as a business marketplace are ridiculous.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
This Humble shit is destroying my soul.

Maybe they're saving the good bundles for last.

Right?

Sounds like it means that when you turn off the online option to play offline all the skills you achieved during online play gets reset to zero.

That's what it sounds like. Hopefully the review is actually a review of the beta and that feature doesn't make it into the final game.

Dr Dogg

This whole Watch_Dogs situation over the past 6-8 months has been hilarious to see unfold, and this is coming from someone who has it bought and paid for and ready to rock on 27th. I don't think I've ever seen a game under such close scrutiny by people who are interested in it, on the fence or plane want it to crash and burn.

I hope this whole exercise is a good reminder that getting strung along by the media hype machine isn't always a good thing and sometimes it's just best to wait until a product is out before casting judgement. Hahaha I get the feeling this could be the best game ever and still there would be some nitpicking about some aspect about it.

cHinzo

So Arma 3... I played it only to be treated to janky animations, inconsistent server stability on mp, a run button that seemingly has a life of its own and menus where mouse controls don't work half of the time. Really impressive...

Looks like not much has changed since ArmA II. Couldn't get into the DayZ mod, because of how horrible it ran.

What do they mean exactly? They mean if you have no internet connection or is there a separate online mode and campaign?

Have you played Splinter Cell: Blacklist? Ubisoft has been working on making the blend of single, coop and multiplayer more seamless. In Blacklist you would choose different mode types at the mission menu, in Watch_Dogs it looks like they've tried to make it even more integrated. You're always online so you can get "invaded" (hacking bounties) by other players who just look like regular NPC's in your game, you can get challenged by smart phone or tablet users (I really doubt this will take off because it depends on the mobile app actually being something people want to play) in this weird game where they control the cops and hack the world around you to try and stop you in a high speed chase and it's supposed to be really easy to drop in and out of multiplayer in-game. As in you don't select an optional mode when you first launch Watch_Dogs, you just hop into the campaign and can switch between single and multiplayer on the fly.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The first season of The Last Door (4 episodes long with Season 2 episode 1 being worked on right now) will be coming to Steam on May 20th. It is a fantastic episodic horror point-n-click, and in my opinion one of the best 2D horror games to exist. Will release for $9.99, the CE includes, "all-new puzzles, scenes, and stories, as well as enhanced graphics and remastered sound."

header-logo.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The first season of The Last Door (4 episodes long with Season 2 episode 1 being worked on right now) will be coming to Steam on May 20th. It is a fantastic episodic horror point-n-click, and in my opinion one of the best 2D horror games to exist. Will release for $9.99, the CE includes, "all-new puzzles, scenes, and stories, as well as enhanced graphics and remastered sound."

header-logo.png

The trailer makes it look good to me. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

jediyoshi

Online mode is similar to Dark Souls from my understanding. Some other person takes control of an NPC and tries to kill you while you're playing the campaign

Definitely not. There are multiple modes, but the closest one to that scenario is where someone tracks your character down and 'hacks' you with the goal of being unnoticed.

header-logo.png

point and click goodness is always welcome

I missed out on the original Team 17 bundle, so I'm happy to see it return. I won Worms Pinball a while back, so here you go :

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Worms Pinball -- MB-31DCF030157B49B5 - Taken by Volimar

Copons

That's no different to the British Broadcasting Corporation not having many old episodes of treasured television programmes e.g. Doctor Who as they used the tape for new content.

And we all hate you for this.
Also because you drive on the wrong side but mostly because you forced us to read plots on wikia and watch re-animated episodes.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

LYNE -- MB-60990ADA962E1329 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 5 entrants total.

t1400362608z1.png

I'm utterly addicted to minimalistic games like Super Hexagon and Lyne. Besides Hexcells are any other similar puzzle-based titles on Steam?

kcxiv

I'm not a big fan of tacos, but I love a good burrito. No lie. They're two different things. They have different textures (crunchy vs. soft), different flavors, different fillings (I don't particularly like lettuce). So that's probably a poor example. :p

Not all taco's are fried and hard. Regular authentic tacos are actually just warmed up corn tortillas. Nof if you want hard, then you get the fried ones, but just being clear. Tacos are not always hard/crunchy. My mom made them both ways growing up! Well, hell she still does and im almost 40. Whenver she says im making taco's everyone is there. haha

Megasoum

Banned
Welp... I've been playing Dragon Age Origins for a bit over 30 hours now with no issues... And suddenly today my game crashes almost 90% of the time I go through a load screen. This is fucking annoying. For example right now I'm stuck in a tavern and can't get out cause I crash all the time.

MUnited83

For you.
What's the easiest way to check if a game is region locked? Assume Assault Squad 2 is given no one is trading it but I forget where one can go to confirm

Seanspeed

Banned

header-logo.png
Looks pretty cool.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have any insight into traders offering games for more in TF2 keys than it would cost to purchase the title directly from steam?

Zafir

What's the easiest way to check if a game is region locked? Assume Assault Squad 2 is given no one is trading it but I forget where one can go to confirm
Either load up chrome incognite(I do this so it doesn't affect my normal browsing of steam with my usual currency), google steam ru, click the basket link and then search for the game. It'll come up on the page if it's locked. Or alternatively, go to the game on steamdb.info and check if there is a russian subid, or if it doesn't allow cross region trading.

Card Boy

Banned
wow that last Sonic 4 boss is elephant shit. Its basically 4 bosses from every act plus some annoying final form that takes another 5 minutes to beat. So all in all about 10 minutes to defeat. Not family friendly at all.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I have a pizza. You can buy it for $20 or $25 in Wal-Mart gift credit.

Also some countries only have access to Wal-Mart gift cards.

I was actually thinking about reasons other than this when I wrote that post. This is what I get for not articulating myself. I'm going to give GAF a break before I start asking more poorly worded questions.

Thanks for answering my question you two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom