• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with the daily deals, they should be ashamed of themselves for even offering it for 15 bucks. All those games from 2011 and earlier should be under 5 bucks regular price. It's kind of insulting really.

call of duty 1/2 haven't gone past 50% off the last ~2 years or so(if ever?)

wouldnt be surprised if it doesn't go past 50% off again

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Might be late to the party on this, but WTF is this?

Only for computers with support of 1920x1080 resolution.
RUN ONLY IN 1920x1080 ! ! !

Air Control is the most realistic plane simulator out there!

And then it has what looks like a guy with a sword in the screenshots???

ss_e733ba95dfccaee0aca060d609de5f367f767ba4.600x338.jpg

Cth

I am getting drops from Aerena. If you paid money for the game you will get cards. If not, you won't. So gift copies won't get cards. (Which is to be expected.) I got it from a bundle so I guess that's why I am getting card drops.

I got mine from BM 11 and nothing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nothing about this description:

With this game, we give you more freedom and go further into the stages of how a flight is both prepared for and executed than any other flight simulator out there! We aren't just covering the cockpit; we’re covering every single step of the process!

There are several roles you will play as in this game:
You start the game as an engineer and prepare the airplane for takeoff. It will be your duty to make sure everything is in perfect working order and that all the luggage is on the plane.
You then take on the role of a stewardess, making sure that every compartment on the plane, from the TVs to the toilets, are clean and that the plane is fully stocked with food ready for the passengers.
You then finally get to the heart of the game: Playing as the pilot. Not only will you be in charge of steering the plane to its destination properly, but also having to make sure nothing goes wrong with the equipment. In short, you carry the fate of everyone on the plane on your shoulders. Watch out, though! The threat of terrorists is always looming over you. You must do all you can to protect the passengers and yourself while foiling the terrorist’s plot.

Try the best flight simulation in the history of computer games today!

Suggests that this is something that would normally happen in-game:

Wow

Tellaerin

I'm assuming that this is the realistic piloting phase they're talking about. As far as I know, most passenger planes are controlled from a side-scrolling perspective, and threading your way between giant brown stalactites and stalagmites is a pretty common occurrence.

And this must be one of those
sword-wielding MMO
terrorists you're supposed to be on guard against. Check out that armor, man. Even Liam Neeson would have a tough time with this guy.

This promises to reach new levels of awful.

user237

BTW, I could totally see someone making a Flight Stewardess Simulator, and some people would actually buy it. It's not a worse idea than Wood Cutter simulator or some other simulators. But that Air Control game is garbage anyway.

Pakkidis

I'm really interested in the star wars collection at 66% off. Is it worth it? I'm mainly buying it for KOTOR 1+2 and force unleashed 1+2. Is everything else good? Will this deal be cheaper in the summer sale?

I'm also planning on buying Vampire Bloodlines and Singularity. Will those be cheaper later on?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Ugh. There's full out FPS gunplay judging by that vid. Probably trying to capitalize off the weirdness factor that launched goat sim to the top of the steam charts, except this looks awful.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
A few more codes from cleaning out humble bundles:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Faster Than Light -- MB-AB8F6BA435709496 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Bastion -- MB-F78AAB72C1FA1E40 - Taken by subtles

You guys are sort of missing the point of Air Control.

The easiest way to explain it would be to call it the Tim and Eric of small niche sims.

It's a joke. I know your eyes have seen a lot with the student projects and shitty cash ins but really folks come on.

Yes, but your logic is flawed in that to legally own the game, someone has to buy it, and Acti gets that money in any case.

Therefore, if you want to play Bloodlines (as you should), you don't already own the game, and you wish to protest what happened to Troika, then it behooves you to pay the least amount possible for the game, so that the amount Acti gets is correspondingly less, does it not?

good point

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
You guys are sort of missing the point of Air Control.

The easiest way to explain it would be to call it the Tim and Eric of small niche sims.

It's a joke. I know your eyes have seen a lot with the student projects and shitty cash ins but really folks come on.

Maybe i'm just a bitter slob who has seen too much garbage on that new releases tab in my day, but this is exactly the kind of thing that has people begging Valve to curate their store even a little bit.

I rememeber a couple years ago Prototype + Prototype 2 steam key pack was on sale on amazon for like 5 dollars. WTF happened years later 1 of the games is on sale for $30. HOW COULD I NOT BUY IT BACK THEN.

I like when games track achievements in this level of detail. I like it even more when games present the achievements in-game instead of using the overlay. I don't just mean having an in-game screen to track achievements rather than a smartass "click here to pop up the Steam overlay" button, but also having an in-game notification instead of (rather than in addition to) having the overlay achievement pop up.

Yes. I like this. Gears did it. DmC does it. There's plenty of others.
Come on, devs... USE THIS FEATURE/DESIGN.

Hmmm... that's a biiiiig claim.

Geometry wars: is it based on gw1 or gw2? Also, 360 controller support?

It's the first 360 game.
And yes, it works with a controller (honestly, I don't know how the hell you'd successfully play a hectic twin analog shooter like Geometry Wars without one... ;) ).

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I rememeber a couple years ago Prototype + Prototype 2 steam key pack was on sale on amazon for like 5 dollars. WTF happened years later 1 of the games is on sale for $30. HOW COULD I NOT BUY IT BACK THEN.

If it's any consolation, it was only on sale for a few hours. I bought it at the time and haven't touched it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom