• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

FauX

Hurry Hurry!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

99 Levels to Hell -- MB-633DEFAEB0FF7075 - Taken by Kifimbo. 7 entrants total.
Sine Mora -- MB-378109881890D19B - Taken by zeroOman. 2 entrants total.
SkyDrift -- MB-FD41F7460CD0CFE9 - Taken by Nabs. 1 entrants total.

t1398991140z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've reached the point where I have so many games to play on Steam that I don't want to play any of them. Sad stuff.
I totally get what you mean. There's so many games to choose from that it's hard to pick one, and just looking at the huge list is stressful.

Every now and then there's a game that hooks me and I feel compelled to finish it, but most of the time I jump from title to title, looking for one I can really enjoy.

ShogunX

I totally get what you mean. There's so many games to choose from that it's hard to pick one, and just looking at the huge list is stressful.

Every now and then there's a game that hooks me and I feel compelled to finish it, but most of the time I jump from title to title, looking for one I can really enjoy.

Just made the problem worse by buying Contagion, Prison Architect and Mr Bree++ for a combined 5 keys.

I already have similar stuff I haven't even finished in L4D2 and SMB.

DocSeuss

The company not telling on why they got rid of you is a bit weird and it's annoying since you don't get any closure or rebuttal on what their reasoning, honestly if they can't say why it's just best to move on and find a better place to work at.

I got fired from a place who were failing to keep up with payments, was given a shitty reason for leaving and they tried to skew my leaving pay and overdue holiday pay, found out what was actually going on and managed to get what was owed to me.

There's more details on it over in the OT thread, but she claimed there were "complaints," (she also acknowledged praise), and that instead of telling me, she chose to let them build up until she had grounds to fire me, because "that's how the world works." She said it wasn't her job to tell me about them.

So.

Basically.

Instead of doing her job, as a boss, and correcting behavior to make sure the work environment was good, she didn't tell me a thing.

Looks a bit like Super Meat Boy. Aghh fuck it i'll bite.

Here is what I had to say a while back based on the Desura version:

First the bad. The game crashed for me…a lot. Start the game? Crash. Change an option? Crash. Try to recover from a crash? You better believe that will be a crash.

But eventually flash got its act together and I got into the game proper to try it out. It is a strange package. At first, I thought I was in for a cute platformer. But the cartoon like intro suggests something a lot darker and then the blood starts flowing from spikes and saws. It adds up to an unusual presentation, but a pleasing and somewhat unique one that would be excellent with more technical polish.

The game itself is your standard super meat boy/boshy type of adventure which is no bad thing. To mix things up, the game offers large scrolling environments and a metroidvania type power up system where you can earn abilities like a crouch or extra jump to let you collect the extras in previous levels. It is simple fun with the levels being challenging, whilst providing enough respawn points to keep things fair.

To try and be slightly original, an interesting feature is that the levels change in appearance after a certain number of deaths:

breekvsv5.png

For example one level took on a darker blood like filter, in another it started raining. Nothing earth shattering, but these sort of things add up to result in a game that is a lot better than you would expect and makes it a highly recommended pickup for a future steam key and greenlight vote. game worth checking out, especially if on sale.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing about this description:

Suggests that this is something that would normally happen in-game:

Wow
Nanomachines Terrorists, son.

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if "All your plane are belong to us" appeared as dialogue in-game.

so child of light is pretty good?
So far it is. It's the most beautiful game I've played in a long time, that's for sure.

Just made the problem worse by buying Contagion, Prison Architect and Mr Bree++ for a combined 5 keys.
I already have similar stuff I haven't even finished in L4D2 and SMB.
Yeah, we keep getting new stuff and making the problem worse. I bought the Star Wars franchise pack earlier, despite being in the middle of a Child of Light playthrough.

Spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-A20C3749A5376D1E - Taken by More_Badass. 1 entrants total.
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny -- MB-49428D4D737FD5AA - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.

t1398992267z1.png

I've reached the point where I have so many games to play on Steam that I don't want to play any of them. Sad stuff.

There was a GAFfer, I can't recall the username, who decided to spend at least one hour playing every game in their Steam library to see if they liked the game enough to bother sticking with it. Even gave 1 hour reviews.

I'm trying to do the same. Taking a run at the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.

Salsa

Here is what I had to say a while back based on the Desura version:

First the bad. The game crashed for me…a lot. Start the game? Crash. Change an option? Crash. Try to recover from a crash? You better believe that will be a crash.

But eventually flash got its act together and I got into the game proper to try it out. It is a strange package. At first, I thought I was in for a cute platformer. But the cartoon like intro suggests something a lot darker and then the blood starts flowing from spikes and saws. It adds up to an unusual presentation, but a pleasing and somewhat unique one that would be excellent with more technical polish.

The game itself is your standard super meat boy/boshy type of adventure which is no bad thing. To mix things up, the game offers large scrolling environments and a metroidvania type power up system where you can earn abilities like a crouch or extra jump to let you collect the extras in previous levels. It is simple fun with the levels being challenging, whilst providing enough respawn points to keep things fair.

To try and be slightly original, an interesting feature is that the levels change in appearance after a certain number of deaths:

breekvsv5.png

For example one level took on a darker blood like filter, in another it started raining. Nothing earth shattering, but these sort of things add up to result in a game that is a lot better than you would expect and makes it a highly recommended pickup for a future steam key and greenlight vote. game worth checking out, especially if on sale.

gona sell some cards and get it

ShogunX

There was a GAFfer, I can't recall the username, who decided to spend at least one hour playing every game in their Steam library to see if they liked the game enough to bother sticking with it. Even gave 1 hour reviews.

I'm trying to do the same. Taking a run at the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.

Smart idea. Have a fair number of poop games in my library due to bundles so I would have to skip a few games. Stuff like Bridge Constructor, Gemini Wars, Inquisitor, Naval Warfare and Ravensword are permanent shit stains on my list.

Khronico

Ugh, here I am with 8 bucks in my steam wallet to spend on Star Wars games but i cant decide what to get and not to get. Jedi Knight 1-3 would be awesome, but then I cant get Empire at War... Also Battlefront 2.... I've never played Starfighter or Mysteries of the Sith too... And Dark Forces was one of my favorite games growing up...
larry-david-reaction.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gamesrocket has deals on the Prince of Persia games. I don't know if they have Steam keys, but they're not resellers and I thought it was worth mentioning.

It should be noted, however, that Gamesrocket has a history of asking for strange things from it's users like German ID cards and such. I ordered from them once and was asked to provide a scan of my "government issued photo ID". I told them I would not be willing to provide such a document, and they took my money without giving me the Steam key I ordered.

That particularly bad transaction probably cost them more than they want to think about - it's the reason I did not include them in the price comparison function of Enhanced Steam.

kris.

Banned
good grief, the entire star wars collection for $34. and tomorrow's payday. gaben pls, reveal to me a sign that this is a bad idea

zychi

Banned
i wish activision would put the cod season passes on sale. I shouldnt have to pay $50 for every set of maps for each game to finish my collection.

Miguel81

It should be noted, however, that Gamesrocket has a history of asking for strange things from it's users like German ID cards and such. I ordered from them once and was asked to provide a scan of my "government issued photo ID". I told them I would not be willing to provide such a document, and they took my money without giving me the Steam key I ordered.

That particularly bad transaction probably cost them more than they want to think about - it's the reason I did not include them in the price comparison function of Enhanced Steam.

I had purchased Sleeping Dogs Steam Key and Rayman Origins from them. I'll be wary from now on.

so child of light is pretty good?

well now i know what i'm doing this weekend

I think its pretty good.

It also makes for an interesting counterpoint as I'm concurrently playing Dark Souls 2. Need a break from dying...go play Child of Light. Need a break from the whimsy? Go murder things in Dark Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom