• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Valve should have brought back Green Steam for their 10th birthday.

Edit: Just look at it, in all its glory!

012b94ac74c56da5a251b676b26befc7.png

My dick is about to explode
for any meaningful change to the steam client

Green was cool back in the day, if they updated it a bit I would be cool with it, but judging from BPM, mobile and a few other bits around the place, I think they'll be going for blues with whatever client design comes next....if they have one.

11 year anniversary - make it happen

Dr Dogg

My dick is about to explode
for any meaningful change to the steam client

Green was cool back in the day, if they updated it a bit I would be cool with it, but judging from BPM, mobile and a few other bits around the place, I think they'll be going for blues with whatever client design comes next....if they have one.

11 year anniversary - make it happen

Well 16th November is the 10 year anniversary of Half-Life 2 (doesn't time fly) so you never know. Ah who am I kidding they might change the look of their mascots again but that's about as much progress as we'll see. A Roderick themed skin would be awesome though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'll try that if the framerate continues to dip. Just seems weird given how old the game is that the 770 would struggle with it at all.

It has always been notoriously unoptimized due to certain settings unfortunately. Last Light fares much better while still being quite the visual upgrade amusingly enough.

Copons

Hahaha what I find hilarious is the near decade fight to get away from square design and all the little hacks like putting 4 seperate div in your layout all with a rounded corner image and then the css border radius property only for shift back to flat tabular design. All that fighting for progress only to go back to boxes.

As someone who works primarily in print I can't stand the some of the hacks needs to get some great web layout and design going. Text flow is just a nightmare even with css trickery compared to what I can do in a flash in InDesign.

I'm surprised Valve haven't included the legacy theme as a skin. Then again I'm sure someone has made a replica.

Well, having begun when tables (and, like, <font>) were still a thing, I kinda love that trends switched back to flat squares designs. :D
And I never really understood why people complain about text flow limitations in web design, but I guess sooner or later they'll understand that print and web are different media, with different purposes and problems, and shut their mouth once and for all.

That said, now I want to design an army green and yellow/orange site. Better start convincing my graphic designer that it'd be totally rad.

Authority

Banned
The banter was great in that game. They somehow made a character like Lo Wang actually entertaining, mostly by completely throwing out nearly everything about the original game thankfully.

Yeah it has been a while since a game has managed to bring me tears while playing it myself.

I keep telling people it's the best-written game of 2013.

Yeah I agree. It is very strange it barely ever gets mentioned in the media. This, Metro and Dishonored are the most quality FPS for me. I hope they make a sequel for Shadow and really looking forward to see whether Killer is Dead's humor will have the same impact.

aku:jiki

aku:jiki: Great analysis of Risk of Rain. I'm only a few hours in and I'm having nagging suspicions that the game is rigged like that, and I'm glad to see them put into words.
Glad to see someone read it but I'd hate it if I turned anyone away from the game. It's still very good and combat is a lot of fun, but the roguelike element is just too shallow for me.

Your description about the f2p elements makes this game sounds interesting, how is the gameplay?
Fairly typical 3rd person action adventure game. Run around and hack and slash, raid dungeons and get loot. It's decent enough. The ascension thing is both cool and kind of a chore...

HoosTrax

Hmm, want to jump in on a Tropico 5 preorder but not sure I want to risk getting burned.

On the one hand, if I had preordered X-Rebirth, I'd be kicking myself. On the other, I took the plunge on Dark Souls II and was very satisfied with the purchase.

No preview impressions yet, I suppose?

Deques

Hmm, want to jump in on a Tropico 5 preorder but not sure I want to risk getting burned.

On the one hand, if I had preordered X-Rebirth, I'd be kicking myself. On the other, I took the plunge on Dark Souls II and was very satisfied with the purchase.

TotalBiscuit made a WTF video of it

Dr Dogg

Well, having begun when tables (and, like, <font>) were still a thing, I kinda love that trends switched back to flat squares designs. :D
And I never really understood why people complain about text flow limitations in web design, but I guess sooner or later they'll understand that print and web are different media, with different purposes and problems, and shut their mouth once and for all.

That said, now I want to design an army green and yellow/orange site. Better start convincing my graphic designer that it'd be totally rad.

Hahahaha sir, yes sir. I can quite easily do anything I do in a magazine in a html page but having to rely on css and java script that isn't guaranteed to work with all user agents is the hastle.

I'm surprised you haven't come up with a ETS2 or CSD themed site yet :p

I kind of like the most recent mascot redesign.

Yeah the revamp worked really well. Though I don't know what's happened to Bluey, Purple Long Legs and the Cow Pat looking thing (do they even have names). Cyl, Tappet and Roderick get all the love

Can someone recommend me a USB Controller? Is the Xbox 360 the most compatible (would I be able to use it with other emulators?)

360 controller is pretty much the standard PC controller and just about universally supported by any game that has had PC controller support within the last 5-7 years. It's dpad stinks so maybe you want the transformable version of the controller, and if you go wireless you'll need a dongle.

MUnited83

For you.

TotalBiscuit has a WTF Is on it and Quills18 has several gameplay videos.

Phew, the whole sub thingy with Steam is so confusing, I still don't get it at all. Screw it, at least I know for sure that my UK import of Wolfenstein TNO will be uncut and I can activate and play it without problems in Austria.

Actually, you can't.
Austria and Switzerland are in a preload limbo.
I've bought and activated (via VPN) a UK code but the game stays in preload and thats because Bethesda didn't actually release Wolfenstein, its still in preload.
steam flag: releasestate -> preloadonly

Austria and Switzerland are not in ReleaseStateOverrideCountries so we have to use a VPN every time we want to play.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ok I had enough. Installed Chrome and going to use it exclusively for ES. It didn't work with Cyberfox for some time now.

Is the Battleblock Theater market and inventory not working properly with it for anyone else? Would be easier to sell all those items.

When they changed the Battleblock inventory (adding colors, etc) they changed the appid value from a string to an integer. It's the reason that it doesn't work in Steam, but they'll probably fix it soon enough.

aku:jiki

360 controller is pretty much the standard PC controller and just about universally supported by any game that has had PC controller support within the last 5-7 years. It's dpad stinks so maybe you want the transformable version of the controller, and if you go wireless you'll need a dongle.
Speaking of, I think I'm going to order a dongle and I recall a discussion in this thread about how 3rd party ones are actually more durable than Microsoft's. Anyone have a recommendation for one to get and where to get it? I think I want to order one this upcoming payday.

Sucks that MS never made the transformable dpad variant in wired form (or did they?).

Copons

Hahahaha sir, yes sir. I can quite easily do anything I do in a magazine in a html page but having to rely on css and java script that isn't guaranteed to work with all user agents is the hastle.

I'm surprised you haven't come up with a ETS2 or CSD themed site yet :p

Eh because ETS2 really is Milamber turf and CSD is goddamn Caerith's and his goddamn extremely high combos I hate you I hate you so much Caerith I hope your restaurant burns in some kind of mafia arson, also have I ever mentioned I'm Italian, yeah I am, not a lame guido, I'm the real deal, but it's not a warning! god forbid something happens to your restaurant, it would be a real pity.

Gangxxter

Actually, you can't.
Austria and Switzerland are in a preload limbo.
I've bought and activated (via VPN) a UK code but the game stays in preload and thats because Bethesda didn't actually release Wolfenstein, its still in preload.
steam flag: releasestate -> preloadonly

Austria and Switzerland are not in ReleaseStateOverrideCountries so we have to use a VPN every time we want to play.
What? Nooooooooooooo, that's a bummer :( Crazy how many different ways are available on Steam to lock out a country from accessing a game. This sucks -.-

HoosTrax

Speaking of, I think I'm going to order a dongle and I recall a discussion in this thread about how 3rd party ones are actually more durable than Microsoft's.
The official Microsoft dongle is highly prone to blowing a fuse. So much so that there are numerous guides out there for the DIY types instructing on how to repair it with some simple soldering.

My original white dongle broke thusly, and I was able to repair it and it never broke again. I eventually bought a black one though (also an official Microsoft one), due to color coordination OCD, and the current one hasn't needed to be repaired yet.

Deques

When they changed the Battleblock inventory (adding colors, etc) they changed the appid value from a string to an integer. It's the reason that it doesn't work in Steam, but they'll probably fix it soon enough.

Hey, since you are here. Since there are so many games that have cards meaning there is a huge collection of wallpapers for the profile pages. Wouldn't it be a good idea to make a better list of wallpapers when changing the profile backgrounds. Right now it takes time to load the entire list.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What? Nooooooooooooo, that's a bummer :( Crazy how many different ways are available on Steam to lock out a country from accessing a game. This sucks -.-

Since Austria, Israel, Japan and Switzerland were removed as restricted countries it stands to reason that either they'll be added to the override list or, in what would make more sense since Germany is a prohibited country, the general release state will be changed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey, since you are here. Since there are so many games that have cards meaning there is a huge collection of wallpapers for the profile pages. Wouldn't it be a good idea to make a better list of wallpapers when changing the profile backgrounds. Right now it takes time to load the entire list.

Yeah, it's something I'm working on. When the feature was first released there were only 10 games with backgrounds, and only about 50 backgrounds. Now there are about 3,200 backgrounds.

I'm planning on moving to a double drop down - the first will be a list of games, and then when you choose a game the second drop down list will appear with a list of available backgrounds for that game. It should speed the process up a little bit.

I'm also getting ready to migrate over to a new, more powerful server, which should also help speed up the process (for all of the features, not just this one)

Dr Dogg

Is there money to be made from battle block theatre "drops"? I have a bunch from when I did playfire achievements

Well there are a couple of achievements to be had by owning all the variations of heads and such so I don't know how crazy people will be to pay for them but hey you never know in this day and age. Are they marketable?

Well there are a couple of achievements to be had by owning all the variations of heads and such so I don't know how crazy people will be to pay for them but hey you never know in this day and age. Are they marketable?

True people pay 50$ for emoticons in steam chat so... Not sure if they are tradable I am at work.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Yes. There is a section for them on the Steam Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom