• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
82 FPS on stock clocks for i5-4670k pushing Ultra on DX11?

shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

what GPU are they running in that though

Also important to know what version they are running. Is it the "optimised for older computers but missing sound" edition or something like the "it runs worse but you get 20 minutes more gameplay" option?

kurahador

Is Watch Dogs the standard to beat now? Or the game itself is still unoptimized?

Can't imagine how much is required for Witcher 3 going to run properly----by proper, I mean >30 fps.

Dr Dogg

To be fair Killer is Dead probably will have a better story and cast than Watch_Dogs and arguably look more appealing to certain people but ultimately it probably has sold about a 1,000th of what the Dogs has done already :(

Maybe you're on a watchlist. Since your previous fiasco.

Watch_ Sharks

I like RPS but all that matters is the GB Quick Look, especially if Vinny is at the controls. Vinny and open world games go hand in hand so well.

Sajjaja

Thank you based Ubi.

Add me at Goliath786 (wish I could change it). K now back to sleep.

ZlglSZv.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda want to know how that compares to the GTX 760 4GB I got in last week.

A stock R290 ( The one in the test is a tweaked version) slightly outperforms the GTX 770. A GTX 770 is about 15-30% better, depending on the game and settings, than a 760.

*Performance is also based on driver efficiency so comparing across company lines can be a bit unpredictable.

Salsa

I have a question: is the multi player campaign in Battleblock Theatre the same levels but slightly changed or is it a completely separate campaign from the one in single player?

Dr Dogg

I have a question: is the multi player campaign in Battleblock Theatre the same levels but slightly changed or is it a completely separate campaign from the one in single player?

Yeah coop is slightly different level as the sections require both of you to navigate. Can be super funny to get across the obstacle and kill off your buddy.

Salsa

guess what im asking is if it's worth it to play the whole thing SP and then again with a friend, or if it'll be boring for me/him from me already somewhat knowing the levels. If the latter i'd rather just wait and play it on MP

i'll give it a shot

derExperte

Add derExperte on Uplay for hot Watch_Dawgs action (no idea how mp works and if I'll play, just want my Uplay friendslist to look less sad).

Dr Dogg

Awwwww ain't that cute. One of the Uplay unlockable rewards is your very own Aiden Pierce avatar to use for Uplay. Don't know what you get if you have a female one mind. I get the feeling that hasn't been thought through very well.

Forever in GB New York with Alex. He wanted it since his family lives there and his wife and kid needs family.

Totally understandable. Man that was either kept quiet or I haven't stuck my head in there for a while. Christ next we'll hear Brad's leaving.

Knurek

Awwwww ain't that cute. One of the Uplay unlockable rewards is your very own Aiden Pierce avatar to use for Uplay. Don't know what you get if you have a female one mind. I get the feeling that hasn't been thought through very well.

"By comparison his sister – his niece’s mother – seems to have grieved and moved on, because it’s important that women not have agency in a story like this. (She’ll spend half the game waiting for you to rescue her from a kidnapping. Other roles for women in this game include: victim, sacrifice, property for sale at an auction.)"

Totally thought through, totally inline with the actual game. :)

derExperte

Tempting. I mean what am I gonna use these points for otherwise? Maybe that stealth car.

Well, doesn't look too cpu demanding after all.

The 2500K lives another year.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Why would you play an Ubi game for story? That doesn't make any sense, you play them to fill some bars...
I really liked Child of Light's story. If every Ubi game was like that, I'd say you are wrong.

But they aren't, so I won't. Sadly :(

Dr Dogg

"By comparison his sister – his niece’s mother – seems to have grieved and moved on, because it’s important that women not have agency in a story like this. (She’ll spend half the game waiting for you to rescue her from a kidnapping. Other roles for women in this game include: victim, sacrifice, property for sale at an auction.)"

Totally thought through, totally inline with the actual game. :)

Hahaha ah well I was rifting off that you'd probably get an Adien Pierce Male avatar unlock regards what your Uplay accounts settings are and there probably won't a Female option. Then again fits with their theory :p

Tempting. I mean what am I gonna use these points for otherwise? Maybe that stealth car.

I've got an abundance of left over Uplay credit seeing as you always get enough through actions to unlock everything and who in this day and ages want promo desktop wallpapers unless you either really like advertising a product free of charge or are 12.

Least100Seraphs

Neo Member
Hello Steam devotees, quick Q for you.

I want to buy Prototype and Prototype 2.
The games are $crazy USD on Steam due to my Australian account ($20 and $40 for P1 and 2 respectively), but at the moment it's going for a much more normal $17.50USD on Amazon (steam codes to activate).

However, Amazon is listing it as only available to US customers with a US billing address, and I am not so much American as I am Australian. I do have a US amazon account with US billing address I can use. But my steam account is AU.

tl;dr - if I buy a US game on Amazon, will the steam code work on my AU steam account?

Let's all add ourselves as uPlay friends. I'm "takahashi69".

Add derExperte on Uplay for hot Watch_Dawgs action (no idea how mp works and if I'll play, just want my Uplay friendslist to look less sad).

Thank you based Ubi.

Add me at Goliath786 (wish I could change it). K now back to sleep.

You guys will be getting a random request from Fallen_Angel85 (Fuck you Ubi and your lack of name changes!). That would be me. We should have our own uPlay OT too now. It can list all those sales and awesome additions...

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I made a Uplay avatar awhile ago when they were thread relevant. It was interesting and sad to notice how not a single one of their Hero avatars was a girl. They could at least have Jade in there.

Dr Dogg

Blimey o'riely I'm getting 110-115fps in the opening cutscene (doesn't look prerendered and shows usage but streaming isn't the best indicator here). In game proper and it's 65-75 indoors. Nice evenly spread CPU utilisation 75-90% across cores as well. Streaming is making it hard to get a handle on a few things but further faffing to be had. Looks vuuurrryyy pretty.

You guys will be getting a random request from Fallen_Angel85 (Fuck you Ubi and your lack of name changes!). That would be me. We should have our own uPlay OT too now. It can list all those sales and awesome additions...

Funnily we do already though not even the tumble weeds hang out there
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510549

This has kind of become the defacto DD service thread like PSN and Xbox Live ones. GOG though is too cool to hang around with us kids though.

Dr Dogg

Kind of ironic after all those 'Brads leaving' jokes, he'll probably be the last one to stick around.

Hahaha poor Brad. He'll have to end up doing a Peter Sellars and play the cast of the whole GB crew all on his own.

Well I won't be signing in till my computer is in working order but my uPlay ID is: InfiniteNine

I think there's some Uplay friends list management in the companion app. Didn't have my log in details to hand but you could add and see your other friends from there. Don't know how I feel having Milamber in my pocket.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I think there's some Uplay friends list management in the companion app. Didn't have my log in details to hand but you could add and see your other friends from there. Don't know how I feel having Milamber in my pocket.
I can't find the app on google play though and the button link on ubi's site doesn't work.
Edit: Nevermind someone in the comments linked the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom