• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

_woLf

Anyone else just get an "Update News" window popup that was blank, except for a copyright date of 2006?

© 2006 Valve Corporation
All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.

Weird bug.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
brains
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-CBB61BF4D481E6C0 - Taken by Trejik. 6 entrants total.

t1401234835z1.png

Exuro

Steam machines update

Looks like it'll be 2015 now, not 2014 as originally planned.
I'm okay with this. They really need to nail the controller on their first try so if they're spending their time on that then cool. It would also be good to get non game software support(netflix and such) at launch for SteamOS as well. Valve usually likes to release stuff semifinished(but polished) and then iterate later but I feel they need to pack in as many features at launch to get positive buzz on the initiative.

Tizoc

So after some consideration and after a little net search, I've decided that I should stick with DiRT 2 only, it's one thing to have a good selection of racing games, it's another to have too many racing games to play on PC =P
So here you go guys, have at it-
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-893417F839F9FFD2
DiRT 3 -- MB-34FC2686872F74F4

t1401321105z1.png

BruteUA

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Inquisitor Deluxe Edition -- MB-27CC6E7009F5D488 - Taken by Tesseract

Created entirely via mobile. Hopefully I didn't screw anything up.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if I finished it, because it just turned my screen all white and then I couldn't do anything?
No idea. In my case it crashed when I tried to watch the credits after beating the game, to get the lone achievement. Didn't bother to do it again, uninstalled it immediately.

Santiako

The game is Dead Island Epidemic Beta

ModBot said:
[

Rules for this Giveaway:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-90CA0993F11D97D8 - Taken by The Dear Leader
The game is Dead Island Epidemic Beta, I wrote the name wrong.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm happy with it because I want to see the best products they can bring out, but I am annoyed because there is still no info on that Valve Steam machine case. I want to use that for my main rig since I only ever use single cards anyway and travel a lot
I just need a new controller badly

Tellaerin

Steam asked me to update twice o_O

When the day finally comes for Valve to hire jshackles, I want to see them announce the event via Steam update box:

"An update has been released for the Steam Client. Jason 'Momoa' Shackles will be coordinating client development as we move forward, increasing stability and providing an enhanced feature set."

Pachimari

Usually you don't because the save data is kept in the game folder in My Documents for a lot of games, but best do what Grief says to be on the safe side.
I just don't know how to back it up? Is there a save file I I back up from the game folder in steamapps/common?

Ruruja

I just don't know how to back it up? Is there a save file I I back up from the game folder in steamapps/common?

Yeah some games keep their save data in there, some keep them in a folder in My Documents.

I think he just means copy and paste the saves onto a USB stick/external or even just another place on the HDD. In case the uninstall removes the save data (which I don't think happens too often).

Crazy idea: can you not launch the game in Steam offline mode and have it work anyway since Uplay is online?

Sure, but I just like everything to work the way it's supposed to. Steam came back in a few minutes anyway and I spent the last hour just chasing down random criminals in the game. Maybe I should stop doing that.

Because I'm lazy, here's another small giveaway:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Syberia II -- MB-B6CE45C9A6882C67 - Taken by Sammichu. 6 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-34EDCC9D402A832B - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 2 entrants total.
Blood Knights -- MB-8817D7785B735896 - Taken by kurahador. 11 entrants total.
Oniken -- MB-5E8975B8D26153DD - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 3 entrants total.
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-BA102B315E8DB746 - Taken by mannerbot. 1 entrants total.

t1401238411z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom