• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
DMC has been on PC all this time?

Fuck me I have indeed been living in a cave.

tumblr_n1xj5ahyJd1qjqv2uo2_1280.jpg

Donte Rodriguez.

Another batch of giveaways:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rock of Ages -- MB-D8C376ABD9D24245 - Taken by Exuro. 7 entrants total.
Symphony -- MB-72C02203DE5B9553 - Taken by drakaenae. 4 entrants total.
Oniken -- MB-1C4BE30AD807594D - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 12 entrants total.
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-2B528BF084596F85 - Taken by jmizzal. 8 entrants total.

t1401248422z1.png

Under that pretence rMBPs are not mainstream either ;)
The monitor doesn't hold the crown for anything, several makers do nice unibody designs (which are not my cup of tea, I like the ability to disassemble my machines thank you), and extensive battery life for laptops is not a rarity anymore. Hell, the old XPS 1530M I had (from 2008!) lasted almost 3 hours on heavy workload, and that was without Optimus or extended batteries.
Well, because of Apple computers' expensive price, none of them are mainstream. But, you can see them in every Apple store, every authorized seller, and every electronics store that had an Apple section. Whereas 4k laptops, there's only one model made by Toshiba,and has a lot less exposure.

Nabs

And they're removing GFWL, so it's like two gifts in one.

Sucks that they're not doing the same for Dirt 2 or Fuel, though. And I paid money for those

Any update on that? I had the most fun with Dirt 3 MP, so I'm kind of excited about this.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Reposting for a new page:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 game keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

(Desura) Alchemy Mysteries Prague Legends -- MB-1664550B7BE7879E
(Desura) Blue Rose -- MB-53F23A77670256D8
(Steam) Rock of Ages -- MB-ED7431A6CB0C847B - Taken by devo1989
(Desura) Sylia Act I -- MB-D077AA91384CEC15 - Taken by Sammichu
(Desura) Little Trus Man -- MB-E367248F05A288CF

Pachimari

Thanks for helping me out in regards to save files. :)

Do any of you know if the last chapter of Max Payne 3 is a long one? I hope to complete it tomorrow.

Dr Dogg

I went with the former. I realized the game looks very meh during the day time unless you have your setting maxed out (and even then, it's not great). I'd rather deal with 30fps and a decent looking game than one that runs well and looks crappy for the entire duration I play it.

Well with 2 780s I've been getting pretty good performance at 2560x1440 with 2xTXAA and everything bar motion blur knocked up. Highs of high 60s, average around 60 with drops to 50 in busier areas. It's when getting to a section that either has a lot of new objects spawning in or swapping textures that things go to shit. The jolt is horrible and is a much easier to handle with only one card active. Can't imagine the sync on both cards is being done any favours with the amount of texture and model data going on.

Yet again though the "bad port" brigade have reared their ugly head. Which is quite funny as when I pop everything down on low I get about 120-150fps just about everywhere. That seems very scalable to me and hardly the work of poor optimisation. Ah well damned if you do...

There isn't currently an account revocation tool for Steam.

That being said, the only permission they really have to make changes to your account is to redeem keys. So worst case scenario, they... could... maybe potentially redeem a stolen key to your account, then revoke it?

With the exception of the permission to redeem keys, most of the "sign in with Steam" stuff just hands whatever service your Steam64 ID and proves that you are who you say you are, nothing more. The rest of the data they get from you requires that your Steam account be public anyway.
Just to add to this: It appears that revocations can be done by the other party if they make that option available. Humble does not, but I redeemed a Modbot gift from Indiegala and I was able to disconnect my Steam account from that site right after.

mrgone

Just to add to this: It appears that revocations can be done by the other party if they make that option available. Humble does not, but I redeemed a Modbot gift from Indiegala and I was able to disconnect my Steam account from that site right after.

Wait, so the bundle sites that deliver keys through account linking can potentially revoke those keys? Ay dios mio

Wait, so the bundle sites that deliver keys through account linking can potentially revoke those keys? Ay dios mio
NO! Not what I said.

(Well, yeah, I guess they could. But Shackles and I were talking about revoking access between the bundle site and Steam. In other words, unlinking the two.)

Authority

Banned
Game saves are generally in my documents, but sometimes differ to other folders. Check PCgamingwiki for specific information.

We have everything except DMC 1 & 2.

No fucking way. That is awesome.

What is up with reworks these days. It's like,

PtxSNxg.png

=

tumblr_n2wjuuNd0g1sdhhl0o1_400.gif

(Dante right,Desmond Miles right)

and on top of that we got lego Wayne (reference for buffed Batman in Origins), Sonic, Ike. Why don't they ask for a community feedback if they are going to severely change the main character's face, body or clothing?

They look atrocious to me unlike Snake's evolution and Laura Croft's one

mrgone

NO! Not what I said.

(Well, yeah, I guess they could. But Shackles and I were talking about revoking access between the bundle site and Steam. In other words, unlinking the two.)

Oh! Gotcha! Sorry about that, and thanks for setting me straight. Even if it were possible I highly doubt anything would come from Humble in that respect, but I'm not sure I trust Indie Gala's system so much right now.

Oh! Gotcha! Sorry about that, and thanks for setting me straight. Even if it were possible I highly doubt anything would come from Humble in that respect, but I'm not sure I trust Indie Gala's system so much right now.
I agree, which is why it's nice to be able to unlink Steam and Gala right afterward.

JakeD

There isn't currently an account revocation tool for Steam.

That being said, the only permission they really have to make changes to your account is to redeem keys. So worst case scenario, they... could... maybe potentially redeem a stolen key to your account, then revoke it?

With the exception of the permission to redeem keys, most of the "sign in with Steam" stuff just hands whatever service your Steam64 ID and proves that you are who you say you are, nothing more. The rest of the data they get from you requires that your Steam account be public anyway.

my humble account was hacked a little while back. the only thing the hackers did was (somehow) accidentally redeem someone elses Teleglitch to my steam account. i told them about it immediately, they let me keep the Teleglitch and also gave me a bonus giftable bundle for my troubles.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Weird question I guess, but here goes.

I don't play TF2, don't care about it, only care about selling off preorder items for high prices.

So, I've always been able to sell my "Genuine" items from games after a period of time. But I got these damn Bioshock items (Genuine Mister Bubbles, Genuine Big Daddy and Genuine First American).

And it's been well over two months since I got these in my TF2 inventory and they still aren't marketable. Any hope of them eventually becoming sellable like the other BioInf items I got (Steel Songbird etc), or am I stuck with items I'll literally never use?

...and thanks to the amazon deal, i was able to fill out my Sega Genesis collection on Steam. I have extras, though, so if people want any of these, knock yourselves out.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles -- MB-E0E00F5DAD99BB27 - Taken by Natty1. 9 entrants total.
Sonic the Hedgehog -- MB-41DA8586D012092D - Taken by ArynCrinn. 11 entrants total.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 -- MB-07ADE150A4682D98 - Taken by neoism. 9 entrants total.
Dr Robotnik's mean bean Machine -- MB-477B2AFCE8582528 - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 5 entrants total.
Toejam and Earl -- MB-E66DFC61FE5DA261 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 10 entrants total.
Sonic 3D Blast -- MB-303964C5BB8A7070 - Taken by nexen. 3 entrants total.
Sonic Spinball -- MB-6F80D6382FE50D65 - Taken by Tesseract. 4 entrants total.

t1401251393z1.png

wilflare

okay guys. reformat incoming.
is that gamesave + dropbox thingum still the best way to back up all your saves?

how does that gamesave app work anyway? (move all your saves elsewhere and create junctions?)

sigh... is that Steam Cloud Saves still an opt-in feature for devs?

JakeD

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

sonic all stars racing transformed -- MB-CE609BB0CC127F6C - Taken by drakaenae

:)

my humble account was hacked a little while back. the only thing the hackers did was (somehow) accidentally redeem someone elses Teleglitch to my steam account. i told them about it immediately, they let me keep the Teleglitch and also gave me a bonus giftable bundle for my troubles.
This is good to know. Gives us more peace of mind. Thanks for posting about it.

JakeD

This is good to know. Gives us more peace of mind. Thanks for posting about it.

if i had unredeemed games, they would have been able to steal them using gift links. but they would have eventually been revoked and returned im sure. i'd recommend using 2-step authentication on humble and try to not leave any games unredeemed.

mrgone

I agree, which is why it's nice to be able to unlink Steam and Gala right afterward.

Oh, cool! I hadn't noticed the disconnect button. I do hope that Valve does add an openid section to the permissions page in our community profile sooner than later, though, for a little extra peace of mind

Tellaerin

If I grabbed everything off my wishlist now it'd cost me about 200 bucks, I wonder how much I'll save during the Summer Sale.

If you hold out for 75% off, I'd say you'll pay around $50 or less, especially if Amazon runs a sale around the same time. :3 So that'd be a savings of $150 or thereabouts.

Pachimari

Dunno if I'm making a mistake, but I'm buying the GTA IV: Complete Edition from Nuuvem. I only played the PS3 version for like 2 hours when it originally launched. Guess I can play around with mods.

I'm also all ready for The Forest.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If my indie gala issue isn't fixed when I get home from work I'm throwing a twitter hissy fit... a twissy fit if you will *badum tshh

And I've always been a gala defender too, oh the irony

Think I messed up the formatting a little, but everything should be okay and all keys should work.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Henry Swanson:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Huntsman: The Orphanage -- MB-A1A5BACCA96638C1 - Taken by FauX. 5 entrants total.
Desperados 2 -- MB-19A393D81B8C7559 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Redshirt -- MB-07140A28310807AC - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 2 entrants total.
Super Sanctum TD -- MB-9347DF5656EB3328 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft. 1 entrants total.
Chess the Gathering -- MB-F1252F4577A56A1E - Taken by BernardoOne. 2 entrants total.
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-6FB3495075E1D4B0 - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
Anomaly -- MB-32E75F771177DBF4 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Ravensword -- MB-976A7D3B5664D32F - Taken by lukiluk. 4 entrants total.
Chess the Gathering #2 -- MB-42FC5C9583900876 - Taken by Jag. 1 entrants total.
Pid -- MB-FFD6AE0C60C47C38 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-4420E0BBBCAEA11D - Taken by Sajjaja. 2 entrants total.
Rush Bros. -- MB-0551B7809357E3CE - Taken by 73V3N. 1 entrants total.
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-5E40DFCC6342BD33 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.
Inescapeable -- MB-6A2D3EB10EDAD72A - Taken by Nabs. 1 entrants total.
Enclave -- MB-5DA770962373FE21 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Pid #2 -- MB-AE520D5DDFC1A918 - Taken by Madridista. 1 entrants total.
Ultionus -- MB-AB7C40B7158938E5 - Taken by Murry33. 2 entrants total.
Calibre 10 Racing -- MB-E5D01790BF54B5B5 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.

t1401244077z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom