• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myshkin

The DLC for Pool Nation seems to have disappeared from the store. Did some of it get rolled into the main application? The trick shot DLC is no longer listed, but they say they are working on it. So maybe they will still come out with that. Anyone know what's really going on?

Hey guys, i've won a few giveaways before, but everytime i gave back, it was usually sale or bundle stuff. Today, i wanted to go out of my way and actually get something with my own dollar bills, and give back to this awesome thread. YOU BETTER BUILD ME A MR. BONES WILD RIDE AS PAYMENT THOUGH!

Instructions for Gunstarheroes:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

click

Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe -- MB-144A6BBE36A42923

t1401256838z1.png

Lomax

damn dragon age and mirrors edge for sale on gamestop but it is the origin version... :/

I still have an Origin Key for Mirror's Edge laying around somewhere if you want it. Or you could probably still find people with gift links for the Humble EA Bundle for sale if you really want it on steam.

Took a chance on Always Sometimes Monsters at near full price, which is something I usually never do, but I really wanted to reward the devs with my dollars for such a cool concept. I've only played a few minutes so far just to make sure everything worked - about to go to bed, so I'll dig in tomorrow - but I have a feeling I'm really going to like it.

Inescapable has a stupid amount of fall damage. Here's hoping there's an upgrade soon.

Don't worry when you get there, I almost posted that too :p

It is a neat little game. It reminds me a lot of a sega master system title...whose name completely escapes me.

The animation isn't great but the controls are ok, the graphics are fine and it is "just" interesting enough to draw you in.

On the negative side, I think it can be compared to something like Cave Story+ in style (sort of metroidvania, but not really). However where cave story shows you all the "cool" scenes, inescapable tends to skip them. For example the game starts and you are told there is 2 minutes until everybody dies on the spaceship. Then the game cuts to you leaving your escape pod on another planet.

Going through those two minutes to escape, even as a tutorial area is the type of added detail that is missing at the moment. It doesn't ruin the game, far from it, but it could just do with things like that to elevate the game further.

I'm liking it though, worth a look.

I was tempted to day one Final Fantasy III, but I'm in the middle of a few things right now.

And then I learned that it doesn't have the Famicom soundtrack option that was in the PSP version.

;_____;

After 2 weeks of crap Humble finally came through. Anyway, stuffs!

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rock of Ages -- MB-15DDDA2321D94AF9 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Syberia II -- MB-26109C97A34D7B7B - Taken by Santiako

Getting closer!

0Oifa71.jpg

dRjlfoP.png

I just finished Waking Mars and I must say I really liked the game overall, according to Steam it took 10 hours to 100% the game but in game it clocked at 8:46:53. You play as a scientist and astronaut exploring martian caves and start awaken the lifeforms found dormant inside these caves, each different interaction with the Zoas create an entry in your journal enriching the games lore. The game feels relaxing you spend your time inside the caves gathering seeds, planting these seeds waking the other lifeforms when the biomass reach a certain value and watch they interacting. The story hooked me in a way where I was reading every bit of dialogue and I wanted to discovery more about what happened to Mars, who were the original inhabitants of the planet and what the were the purpose of the caves.

The music is fitting and I liked the artstyle, it's simple but fits well to the atmosphere the game pass, though the game isn't perfect there is some kind of puzzle where you need to calibrate your instrument to understand the static, what I found annoying wasn't even the puzzle per se but the colors that pulsate while you're solving it.

The game was in Humble Bundle for Android 4 and Humble Bundle with Android 6 so if you own it at least give it a try and maybe you can enjoy being a space gardener.

There is a definite aura of giving within these Steam threads. Remarkable generosity, SteamGAF.

No fucking way. That is awesome.

What is up with reworks these days. It's like,

PtxSNxg.png

=

tumblr_n2wjuuNd0g1sdhhl0o1_400.gif

(Dante right,Desmond Miles right)

and on top of that we got lego Wayne (reference for buffed Batman in Origins), Sonic, Marth. Why don't they ask for a community feedback if they are going to severely change the main character's face, body or clothing?

They look atrocious to me unlike Snake's evolution and Laura Croft's one

One correction for you, Authority: that's Ike, not Marth. And no, he's not a gorilla. The image itself is even named Ike, for goodness sake, so please get your facts straight before complaining like this. (Ed. note: In future, complain about straightness of facts after verifying own facts.)

Ike's new appearance is basically as he appeared in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance's direct sequel, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. It's set about ten three years after the first game, and Ike is no longer an inexperienced young'un, but instead a grizzled war general.

So, as you can see, this change is hardly bad or controversial because, firstly, it is entirely in-line with Fire Emblem lore, and, secondly, because it improves the roster diversity in SSBU; you see, PoR Ike can look similar to both Marth and Link, and with this change that won't happen. Additionally, there are also very few large, burly characters, so this change will make Ike a unique addition to the roster.

Levyne

Banned
Ike's new appearance is basically as he appeared in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance's direct sequel, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. It's set about ten years after the first game, and Ike is no longer an inexperienced young'un, but instead a grizzled war general.

Three years, but otherwise correct. And I absolutely agree with the rest of your post.

Pachimari

Took a chance on Always Sometimes Monsters at near full price, which is something I usually never do, but I really wanted to reward the devs with my dollars for such a cool concept. I've only played a few minutes so far just to make sure everything worked - about to go to bed, so I'll dig in tomorrow - but I have a feeling I'm really going to like it.
Looking forward to your impressions, as I'm considering it myself.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Don't worry when you get there, I almost posted that too :p

It is a neat little game. It reminds me a lot of a sega master system title...whose name completely escapes me.

Zillion.

Inescapable is very much a game in that vein, where unlike Metroidvanias of constantly exploring a huge world or trying to break segments, this is more focused on a mostly linear, though big enough to be lost in, path and finding keys to unlock more doors.

dRjlfoP.png

I just finished Waking Mars and I must say I really liked the game overall, according to Steam it took 10 hours to 100% the game but in game it clocked at 8:46:53. You play as a scientist and astronaut exploring martian caves and start awaken the lifeforms found dormant inside these caves, each different interaction with the Zoas create an entry in your journal enriching the games lore. The game feels relaxing you spend your time inside the caves gathering seeds, planting these seeds waking the other lifeforms when the biomass reach a certain value and watch they interacting. The story hooked me in a way where I was reading every bit of dialogue and I wanted to discovery more about what happened to Mars, who were the original inhabitants of the planet and what the were the purpose of the caves.

The music is fitting and I liked the artstyle, it's simple but fits well to the atmosphere the game pass, though the game isn't perfect there is some kind of puzzle where you need to calibrate your instrument to understand the static, what I found annoying wasn't even the puzzle per se but the colors that pulsate while you're solving it.

The game was in Humble Bundle for Android 4 and Humble Bundle with Android 6 so if you own it at least give it a try and maybe you can enjoy being a space gardener.

I loved this game. There is just something so satisfying about it. The voice acting and the art made me fall in love with it very quickly.

Salsa

well battleblock online is fucked. Its p2p and apparently causes some issues with most default router configs so no one can find any matches. I just tried for a long while and nothing. Plenty of people complaining on the games community

what a bummer, wish there were servers

jediyoshi

Jesus, I'm two seconds away from unjoining half the groups I'm in.

The non-disable-able group notifications started taking focus away from games for some reason and it's wrecking havoc while I'm playing.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately this didn't work. :(

edit: The issue is my main monitor is 144hz... :(

That sucks :/ I looked around a bit but I can't seem to find any workaround.

Hey guys, i've won a few giveaways before, but everytime i gave back, it was usually sale or bundle stuff. Today, i wanted to go out of my way and actually get something with my own dollar bills, and give back to this awesome thread. YOU BETTER BUILD ME A MR. BONES WILD RIDE AS PAYMENT THOUGH!

The ride never ends

x3sphere

These keys come courtesy of ClovingWestbrook, wanted me to give them away, enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Fieldrunners 2 -- MB-7E59609FCE87B694 - Taken by Ezalc
Galcon Fusion/Legends -- MB-F3CFCFE9DEF52BE8 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It stopped being so ridiculously hot upstairs in my apartment. Back to playing pc games. Finally.

Enjoy
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Day One Garry's Incident -- MB-1855795AF6A764ED - Taken by Shalashaska

Zillion.

Inescapable is very much a game in that vein, where unlike Metroidvanias of constantly exploring a huge world or trying to break segments, this is more focused on a mostly linear, though big enough to be lost in, path and finding keys to unlock more doors.

Ah spot on! Brings back some memories.

Yeah it is pretty much "do I go left or right?", go left and see a door, so go right instead and get the key.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Sometimes you just need a water cooling loop attached to your forehead.
I see all those beautiful set ups and think I should. Forehead and all could be the next new thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom