• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I know a lot of people are piling up to bash on the game for being unfinished and whatnot so this feels redundant but good lord this is the worst "reflection" treatment i've seen

T3leCeT.jpg

Pop

I know a lot of people are piling up to bash on the game for being unfinished and whatnot so this feels redundant but good lord this is the worst "reflection" treatment i've seen

Game isn't a looker that's for sure. Gameplay is pretty meh too.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It's clearly Aiden hacking the windows in the animus for reasons.

Wow such hack
So criminal wow

Just imagine this. Watch_Dogs will be annualized. Watch_Dogs 1 will be viewed as a tech demo, a proof of concept, for the franchise; most people will think it's the weakest game in the franchise, while some will absolutely love it. Watch_Dogs II will become a beloved game that most will believe to be the pinnacle of the series, a relative masterpiece compared to the original. It will win many awards and be considered one of the best games of the now current generation. Meanwhile, a vocal minority will decry the game as being a step in the wrong direction, a step towards the casualization of the series. There will be a small side story released in place of Watch_Dogs III, known as Watch_Dogs: The Doggening Revolutions, a game that some will criticize for being shorter and having less scope than the other two games, but still being considered a fairly good game, while some will consider it their favorite. Another smaller in between game will be released called Watch_Dogs: Leaks, in which there is a tower defense mini game that no one will like, and will be another contender for worst in the series. The plot will have shat itself by this point and most people probably won't care about it. And finally Watch_Dogs III is announced and everyone is hyped, only to be incredibly disappointed when, plot twist, it was actually asscreed alllll along and Aiden's true enemy was Juno, or some other first civilization thing I don't care about. Then Watch_Dogs IV: Grey Hat will happen, and some people will come back to the franchise again, feeling that the series has been at least partially redeemed and is once again headed in the right direction.

I know you're being sarcastic, but no. And the game that looks like that needs 3gb+ of VRAM to run with Ultra textures, I guess. (why is it the mediocre texture quality games on this new gen need the most VRAM?)

The game looks far better than that, bad AA, and the screenshot looks compressed because its on imgur.

Seanspeed

Banned
So I just popped into the Destiny impressions thread (now deleted) where the OP posted info when he was drunk. He then edited (pretty quickly I might add, within the first 3 or 4 posts I think) and requested the thread locked.

At first, people were respectful and were passing screenshots through PMs. Then someone just posted the screenshot and didn't bother to remove it or respect the OP's wishes, even though he was begging everyone to not post it. Some people (only a few, and not naming names) were just like "fuck you OP your info is mine now", and "I didn't sign no NDAs".

If we're being such dicks to our insiders, I'm not sure if I want to be a part of the problem
&#65377;&#65381;&#65439;&#65439;&#65381;(>&#1076;<)&#65381;&#65439;&#65439;&#65381;&#65377;
So the 'insider' is the good guy, when he's gone online and leaked info, likely illegally? The internet doesn't forget and you never expect it to. Would it be nice if people would listen to his requests not to post the info? Sure, but if they refuse to do so, are they really doing anything different than what the insider did in the first place? I'd argue its actually the lesser of the two 'crimes'.

The game looks far better than that, bad AA, and the screenshot looks compressed because its on imgur.
I would hope so. The only version I've seen in person is the PS4 version and that didn't inspire confidence. However, the daytime lighting looks gross to me whether it be in those downsampled shots in WD threads or on PS4.

And despite all this I kinda still want to get it xD

zkylon

zkylewd

T3leCeT.jpg

lol

i'm dying to be disappointed by this game

cmon ubi don't be too late to bomba

KainXVIII

Also bathroom mirror does not reflect anything..in nextgen tripple-A project! (even Deadly Premonition did)

_hekk05

Banned
So the 'insider' is the good guy, when he's gone online and leaked info, likely illegally? The internet doesn't forget and you never expect it to. Would it be nice if people would listen to his requests not to post the info? Sure, but if they refuse to do so, are they really doing anything different than what the insider did in the first place? I'd argue its actually the lesser of the two 'crimes'.

Dude ain't some faceless corporation. He's asking you guys nicely. If you don't care about him, power to you, but don't tell me you're not being a dick. If you're rubbing it in his face, you don't need me to tell you you're being a dick.

Also, I don't think breaking an NDAs is illegal, because no laws are broken. More like contracts.

You think at ultra settings that courtyard will suddenly upgrade to a nice street?

That is what happens in many games so yes. Edit: Just realized you meant the incorrect reflection, lol. Haven't seen that.

I'll try steaming it in a minute, not sure how that will go though given it's using most of my PC on its own. Lol

I finally completed Max Payne 3! I normally don't complete games but it's fun playing on the PC.

The story were basic and the experience wasn't anything special. In fact, it all were pretty standard. But the scenarios combined with the gunplay were what kept me going to the end.
Hey, I just finished this as well, what a coincidence.

The gunplay is really strong, it's a very fun third person shooter and all the small details in the game are pretty great(the creases in max's shirt, having the correct guns in cutscenes, that weird bit of fat at the back of his head when he looks up that looks kinda gross but is really cool to look at on a technical perspective)

The only thing that was a bit disappointing was that it didn't really carry on from Max Payne 2, it had one or two throwaway lines about MP2 but it felt more like a sequel to Max Payne 1 in terms of story and where Max is in his life.

And oh my god, it is crazy well optimized, I have a pretty mid range machine and I managed to play it at 60FPS 1080p max EVERYTHING(tesselation, shadows, ssao, etc,etc) it looked like a "next-gen" game, which ain't too bad since I think it released 2 years ago.

AHA-Lambda

I'm not doing it for me. I'm doing it for someone else. Hoping my absence helps him realize he needs to get his life together, because he's ruining it for himself. Beyond that, I'd rather not say publicly.

Whatever it is good luck Doc, hope you're not gone too long.

Copons

Not talking about the reflection, but the overall quality, it looks horrible.

That is what happens in many games so yes. Edit: Just realized you meant the incorrect reflection, lol. Haven't seen that.

I was ironic, but still. I'd be fine if a window reflected some gray blur. Way less fine if reflected stuff there are not there. Totally not fine if it shows a full fledged street that just is not there...

Unless that window is a portal, in which case it's ok, but still an 8 years old game that run fairly on my granma netbook does it better. :D

Not that my grandma owns a netbook, but if she did, Portal would run totally fine on it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yay thank you for Roller Coaster Tycoon gunstarheroes, you are the best and have the best nickname, so you win the internet today

shitty sidenote: still no reply from indiegala, still no games from the bundle i bought...lol

thanks! so basically it's just press share and it streams right to twitch?
is there a share (screenshots) to Twitter built-in Steam now?
You Have to configure some options but it's quite easy and there are a lot of guides. Only thing you'll Have to tweak it's the bandwith parameters. I tried it yesterday but the stream lagged very much

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Have no idea if this will work as I haven't streamed in many months so can someone say?
http://www.twitch.tv/ricochetguro

Watch Dogs so given I'm on ultra settings I expect it all to go to hell.

yes it works

edit: lol. I love twitter

Carlos Lopes &#8207;@Rhaknar 4m

@IndieGala still no games from the blood knights bundle I bought yesterday, and no reply from support. not to be "that guy" but... :/

like a minute later I have a email saying i purchased the bundle again, and now its fixed :p cant have dat bad twitter press I guess!

Dr Dogg

Huh, well my standards must have slipped (yeah like I had any) as I'm enjoying the shit out of Watch_Dogs. Had some funky bugs and glitches here and there (controls got reversed so Aiden acted drunk, bloom didn't scale back after coming outside so everything looked like the sun had gone supernova) but what's a 900 man Ubosoft game without some rough edges. Maybe I suckle at the teat of the Lowest Common Denominator.

Rhaknar

stuff before heading to bed, enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Blood Knights -- MB-65A7EE1DB587ECE7 - Taken by Deques
Oniken -- MB-E267D4AE7E35B6C7 - Taken by DunderHassan
M.U.D. TV -- MB-466FDD12C55F5579 - Taken by Saty
Rock of Ages -- MB-F94FDEB2E91F4919 - Taken by Alduin
Syberia II -- MB-BE43186314180111 - Taken by Atraveller
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-F0D5F86B4150507A - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-9FDCBAA38AEA5B27 - Taken by Trejik

Salsa

I keep getting more excited about the evil within while trying to see as little as possible

I already know some people are gonna have issues with this but I really like the wobble

the-evil-within-gif-1.gif

it'll probably help in feeling a bit uneasy

shinji-mikami-tango_t.jpg

Tizoc

For the new page
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-893417F839F9FFD2
DiRT 3 -- MB-34FC2686872F74F4

t1401321105z1.png

-MD-

I keep getting more excited about the evil within while trying to see as little as possible

I already know some people are gonna have issues with this but I really like the wobble

the-evil-within-gif-1.gif

it'll probably help in feeling a bit uneasy

That's my favorite shot so far from all the previews of the game, him walking up toward that cabin. The atmosphere is unreal.

So fucking good, easily my most anticipated game this year. I hope there's a brutal difficulty mode where resources are scarce as hell.

Salsa

• Ammunition in general is limited in supply.
  • Matches are used to burn downed enemies. Limited supply, with the player only able to carry 5 to begin with (Ch.4) and 8 later on (Ch.8)
  • Players can hide under beds, in lockers, and in closets to avoid enemies.
  • Death animations are in.
  • Level transitions seems to be seamless with no apparent loading

tBhjKzY.gif

-MD-

The matches limit though. You mean I can't carry those 2 more matches I found? Good lord I must have paper for arms

If it helps to balance the game stuff like that doesn't bother me in the slightest, I actually prefer it so I can't hoard shit the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom