• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Oh for the love of God !!!!!
You can't fucking send a message with your uplay friend request !

So...
Milamber
derExperte
Sajjaja
ricochetguro
Angel Abaddon
Ravenvalor95

You should receive a request from "Denis2003".
If I forgot people feel free to say so.
I'd accept if uPlay would let me log in.

Deques

Wow. A lot of free games today to check out:

A Story About My Uncle - play for the first time - £0.10
Dungeonmans - play for the first time - £0.10
Growing Pains - play for the first time - £0.10
Kill The Bad Guy - play for the first time - £0.10
Knight Squad - play for the first time - £0.10
Richard & Alice - play for the first time - £0.10

EDIT: Or are these games going to cost something when they get released properly? Forgot about that stuff...

I suppose they are not free games. They doesn't look like free games. What made you think they are free games?

Kiru

I suppose they are not free games. They doesn't look like free games. What made you think they are free games?

Where shown as F2P games in that playfire tool, because no price. Got fooled by that... yeah. After I realized Kill the Bad Guy is in there, I understood...^^

Richard & Alice reward is pretty stupid. Doesn't come out today for me, lol. 5th of June.

I got the Sonic collection in that 4 dollar price glitch a while back. Haven't touched a single one of the games other than Transformed for 5 minutes. I am terrible.

Also, the animation for getting flung off your bike in Watch Dogs is hilarious.

That's another thing I always miss out on, price glitches.

Dr Dogg

It's my favorite teat to suckle. I'm having a ton of fun with the game too. Pretty much every single gang hideout has gone sideways on me in a different way and it's pretty damn cool.

Blimey I haven't even done a gang hideout yet. I've spent about 3 hours cruising up and down dealing out street justice. Even going down the same street after a reload brings up a slightly different kind of mission sometimes. Love the fact that the cover and stealth are available everywhere as is the ability to swap into full on aggressor mode if needs must. And of course having a backup vehicle to hand works a treat too. Taking down a would be mugger by shorting out a fuse box behind him or blocking his path with bollards then casually drive off into the distance just adds to the fun combinations to be had.

Copons

Oh gosh someone gifted me Dead Island Epidemic for me to satyrically review it.

As I'm not really a MOBA fan (tried DOTA2 once, and it made me cry), is there something I should be aware of? :eek:

Authority

Banned
I think the issue with Watch_Dogs is expectation. It's a solid game. The PC Version is, umm, could be better lets say, but I found the game to be satisfying. It does eventually fall into a feeling of "Ubiverse" where all the mechanics seem to be lifted slightly from other games, but they're put together in a logical way, and it's tied together with an interesting, if flawed, story.

I expected it to fall short of the hype. So once I played it, I found it very enjoyable. It's fun, it's pretty, it gives me decent stealth with level designs and set pieces that make you feel like a badass. It isn't Swordfish: The Game, it isn't The Last of Us, but it's really well done. More than enough to recommend.

It is a solid game. I just have different expectations of what immersion means to me. If I can't connect with the lead character, the environment (want to be there and feel part of it; and a strange case is Driver where I could free roam for ever) and the concept behind it, it is extremely hard for me to finish a game.

For example, have never been a fan of GTA apart from Vice City, MGS apart from Peacewalker (fantastic game) and in terms of third person action-games the one that is closest to me right now and represents my taste is Killer is Dead and Sleeping Dogs. I must sound like the hardest gamer to please...but my tastes are very specific.

And got to say I am feeling DMC for some reason. Really, feeling it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rhaknar did a tweet and solved his problem

well I had the problem since yesterday, I also emailed them twice yesterday, it wasnt just the tweet :)

also, the dream machine got cards. I fucking love random old games getting cards, its like finding money in the street

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like the 60fps debate is largely over, dead and buried in the same grave as the Bayonetta franchise before Nintendo resurrected it. You can see 60fps era Ratchet and Clank, and mainstream racing, and fighting games in there as well. The market does not seem to care if your game is 60 FPS.

I think to get people to start caring about high FPS, you'll have to invent some sort of device to strap to their face that literally causes nausea if it exposes you to low frame rates.
Thanks, but I'll pass. I'm fine with not noticing the difference between 30 and 60 FPS, and I'd rather continue that way.

Authority

Banned
No. They are showing that the reflection is baked in.

Thanks.

By the way here is the Battlefield 4 leaked video

Watch it before the EA police raids your house.

bopneyzceaivqav.png

Edit: EA seems to have leaked its own game, with the logo and first details emerging of a S.W.A.T. team based Battlefield.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Little Trus Man (Desura) -- MB-D1CA63DC854C9CD8 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 1 entrants total.
Syberia 2 -- MB-7A2F6B5953FC44C9 - Taken by Kiru. 1 entrants total.
Oniken -- MB-713491D788F78E4B - Taken by Benedict. 6 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-F078CAFB6F2678C0 - Taken by zeroOman. 1 entrants total.
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-27A8D39E148F2973 - Taken by Sendou. 3 entrants total.

t1401287804z1.png

I guess so people can use it though Steam or something like UDK (which never worked through Steam for me).

I don't know. People already interested in it are just going to get it from Crytek directly. Don't really see the point. lol next up Unity and Epic are going to integrate it as well? It's just weird.

Maybe it's Crytek's moba?

That's what I thought, plus Warface. But then there are entries like 3 Month, 6 Month, 3 Month Recurring. Sounds like subscription related?

Which brings me to, they said they would fully reveal their new service model for CE around this month.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I would really like to talk to some of these developers making MOBA games and find out why they decided to join the market.

I assume "Eastern European Money Laundering" would come up pretty quickly.

Exactly what we need. Another MOBA game that no one cares about

The market already has enough moba games but they went ahead anyway http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/23/arena-of-fate-crytek-moba/

I would really like to talk to some of these developers making MOBA games and find out why they decided to join the market.

I assume "Eastern European Money Laundering" would come up pretty quickly.

You should have a speech at the next GDC.

You were right.

Authority

Banned
GFWL copies of Super Street Fighter 4 AE lose DLC in transition
ssf462.jpg

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition transitions to Steamworks on May 30, ahead of the suspected shutdown of Games of Windows Live. Sadly it's a hundred hand slap for those who bought physical copies of the PC fighter, as they'll lose their DLC in the process.

That's because the disc version on store shelves is tied to GFWL rather than Steam, so DLC bought or obtained through GFWL won't transfer to the new Steam-based version. Capcom says GFWL owners can at least redeem a new Steamworks version of SSF4AE by activating their product codes on Steam. Also, the GFWL version will stay active but presumably lose online services following the transition to Steamworks later this week. As for Steam version owners, they'll receive the new Steamworks-based game automatically.

Credits to Joystiq

IO's next Hitman sitting E3 out, first concept art published
ProductionConcept.jpg

IO Interactive revealed the next, sandbox-rooted Hitman game isn't ready to show at this year's E3 conference, so don't go scanning for barcode-heads in two weeks' time. Still, the Danish studio is ready to show the first concept art for the game, featuring a glitzy-looking shindig in Central Europe.

You'll be able to creep around the entire building, IO claims, and the structure itself is larger than any location in Hitman: Absolution. As for "Sanguine," which you can see written on the banner in the picture, it derives from the Latin for bloody. Is that implying we'll see more of a Blood Money vibe to the new game, or are we reading too much into an extraneous sign? Definitely the latter? Okay, then.

The next grand outing for the bald assassin is due for "PC and next-gen consoles," but it remains unknown when. In an open letter published in January, IO said the game features an Agent 47 at the peak of his powers and great big sandbox levels for him to use them in.

"We are building this game on the backbone of the Glacier 2 engine," IO wrote, "using the best parts and what we have learnt through Hitman: Absolution and drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money to fulfill the core Hitman fantasy. That means we're packing in an extreme level of detail on the largest levels we have ever built for a Hitman game. We've adopted an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels. Our aim is to create living, breathing and believable levels which will allow gamers to play around with the AI to create those unique moments every fan of the Hitman franchise loves."

Credits to Joystiq

BruteUA

I want to grab Dark Void from GMG, but it's been listed as out of stock for the past few days. Do they generally restock before the sales expire?

Yeah, I know it's supposed to be a terrible game but my game tastes usually don't jive with the majority.

louiedog

I've been interested in Dark Void Zero for awhile. Now that they'll give me more back in rewards than it costs from GMG it seems like an easy buy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I want to grab Dark Void from GMG, but it's been listed as out of stock for the past few days. Do they generally restock before the sales expire?

Yeah, I know it's supposed to be a terrible game but my game tastes usually don't jive with the majority.

who said its terrible? all I iever heard is mediocre at worst. I thought it was ok-ish, the word terrible gets thrown around too easily these days, save it for actual terrible games like Ride to Hell for example

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I've been interested in Dark Void Zero for awhile. Now that they'll give me more back in rewards than it costs from GMG it seems like an easy buy.

They won't give you back anything in rewards because currently their program is not working and instead of shutting it down to fix it they keep adding new rewards that nobody can earn

BruteUA

who said its terrible? all I iever heard is mediocre at worst. I thought it was ok-ish, the word terrible gets thrown around too easily these days, save it for actual terrible games like Ride to Hell for example

That seemed to be the hive mind consensus from the YouTube videos I saw. I was just trying to preempt one of our many game critics from saying "Why would you want that?" I think it looks great, especially for $1.74 of Playfire credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom