• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

For the new page
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-893417F839F9FFD2
DiRT 3 -- MB-34FC2686872F74F4

t1401321105z1.png

Saty

So, steam machine's 2015 delay means Valve wouldn't have 'surprise released' an overhaul for the Steam client this year. Any chance that now they will notify us about their plans for the client?

JordanKZ

Question to those that has AoMEE

Is there no way to turn off Titan usage in Random Map?

As far as I can tell. No. Which is annoying, as I'm pretty sure the original game had the ability to do so. Titans ruined that game, imo. As it turned the game into 'first to rush to Titan wins'.

Dr Dogg

Asked a few pages back but it got lost in the mix. Any updates on the 800 series cards? I need to upgrade bad.

Last thing I heard was a rumor of late 2014 - early 2015 but there's been so much back and forth regards to dates and such who knows. Best thing to do is keep a look out at the regular places like Beyond, Guru, Anand, Toms, VideoCardz etc.

Saying that I have the feeling 2 second hand 780s will be hitting the market soon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So, steam machine's 2015 delay means Valve wouldn't have 'surprise released' an overhaul for the Steam client this year. Any chance that now they will notify us about their plans for the client?

I doubt that if such a thing were to happen, we probably wouldn't be given much notice beforehand.

I've been told by a reliable source that it's not something they're even working on.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new groupees bundle

Clash of the Worlds Russia - $1

Etherlords I & II
7.62 High Calibre
Parkan 2 (has cards)
Railyard (greenlight)

theres also a new community bundle but none of it is steam so no point linking it here

Saty

I doubt that if such a thing were to happen, we probably wouldn't be given much notice beforehand.

I've been told by a reliable source that it's not something they're even working on.
Well, if they are working on that Greenlight-less user curated steam stores concept, then surely that should coincide with changes and additions to the client in general.

No? :\

They did invite indies to show them their plans though. Then again that has to do with UGC storefronts and visibility, not potentially with complete overhaul.

Is this the first steam app with subscription service?

I know steam had been progressing for monthly subscriptions on steam apps like a year or two ago for mmo games but it never materalized.

Would be thread worthy if it's the first.

Would be thread worthy anyway as we don't have a CE thread :p

EVE Online uses it I think.

Also, made a thread for it already :p

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Etherlords I & II -- MB-E929FE1653697118 - Taken by Volimar

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I would really like to talk to some of these developers making MOBA games and find out why they decided to join the market.

I assume "Eastern European Money Laundering" would come up pretty quickly.
Because the new Serious Sam re-remake is already taken.

Unrelated -- when you removed the "redundant" market data from ES 6.2 (chrome), I think the un-redundant booster pack data went with it.

I just tried to see what the "average" sell price of 3 cards from my booster pack was and ES didn't show it (though Steam told me that 6 had sold in the last 24 hours).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They Breathe keys are up at Groupees old ass Adventure Games bundle

Rhaknar

If you have it, test it and tell us how it is.

as in, test the desura one or whatever the debut bundle gives you?

1397150140463.gif

3783720-lol.gif

I+needed+something+to+laugh+at.+Thank+you+_097bb0931296129f69a96f5df2e92f33.gif

oops, double post im sorry. but i couldnt resist :p I barely play my steam games, let alone desura (dont think I even have the client installed)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, if they are working on that Greenlight-less user curated steam stores concept, then surely that should coincide with changes and additions to the client in general.

No? :\

They did invite indies to show them their plans though. Then again that has to do with UGC storefronts and visibility, not potentially with complete overhaul.

I think it's either 1 of 2 possible outcomes. The first is that Valve (as a company) is pretty terrible at disseminating information internally. I'm told that it's not uncommon that one team will make plans to do something (like, reboot the servers) while another team plans on doing something else (like, releasing a new game or TF2 hat or whatever) and a lot of the time they carry on acting independently when they should be collaborating and cooperating. This is painfully obvious when, for example, their servers undergo maintenance when a big game is being released or a new DOTA2 update, etc. So it's possible that they are underway in making a new and updated Steam client, but none of my contacts at Valve are aware of such work being done.

Another possibility is that the push to User Generated Storefronts is something that's happening completely on the back-end. I tend to think this is the more likely scenario. I think that they're testing out the API with sites like Humble and Indie Gala, so that they can get the kinks worked out before releasing the "Can redeem keys to your account" API in a more widespread manor. That API, combined with something like a private product management portal (where, for example, Valve can be the "middle man" between someone like me and a company that sells their games on Steam) is all they would need to make this a reality.

Though to be honest, it's probably some combination of the two.

Unrelated -- when you removed the "redundant" market data from ES 6.2 (chrome), I think the un-redundant booster pack data went with it.

I just tried to see what the "average" sell price of 3 cards from my booster pack was and ES didn't show it (though Steam told me that 6 had sold in the last 24 hours).

That is correct. Will hopefully be able to add that back in an upcoming update.

nexen

I think it's either 1 of 2 possible outcomes. The first is that Valve (as a company) is pretty terrible at disseminating information internally. I'm told that it's not uncommon that one team will make plans to do something (like, reboot the servers) while another team plans on doing something else (like, releasing a new game or TF2 hat or whatever) and a lot of the time they carry on acting independently when they should be collaborating and cooperating. This is painfully obvious when, for example, their servers undergo maintenance when a big game is being released or a new DOTA2 update, etc. So it's possible that they are underway in making a new and updated Steam client, but none of my contacts at Valve are aware of such work being done.

Another possibility is that the push to User Generated Storefronts is something that's happening completely on the back-end. I tend to think this is the more likely scenario. I think that they're testing out the API with sites like Humble and Indie Gala, so that they can get the kinks worked out before releasing the "Can redeem keys to your account" API in a more widespread manor. That API, combined with something like a private product management portal (where, for example, Valve can be the "middle man" between someone like me and a company that sells their games on Steam) is all they would need to make this a reality.

Though to be honest, it's probably some combination of the two.

Given Valve's hierarchy (or supposed lack thereof) I would be absolutely shocked if communication between teams there wasn't awful.

jshackles

Given Valve's hierarchy (or supposed lack thereof) I would be absolutely shocked if communication between teams there wasn't awful.

To their credit, at least it's something they (as a company) recognize. It's highlighted in their employee handbook (page 52).

Gabe just does laps around his swimming pool filled with money while everyone else works independently on whatever they please.

Dr Dogg

That is weird. I'm surprised they messed that up since the rest of the game looks so historically accurate. :3
sorry

Heeey! You don't snark on a snarky comment, you might end up getting a snark overload and who knows what might happen? Probably get reported by the press actually. In all fairness though it looks like Borderlands: Melee Fighter Edition so yeah, no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom