• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

Heeey! You don't snark on a snarky comment, you might end up getting a snark overload and who knows what might happen? Probably get reported by the press actually. In all fairness though it looks like Borderlands: Melee Fighter Edition so yeah, no thanks.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I got more of a Loadout/TF2 vibe from it personally.
How is Loadout doing anyways? I haven't heard a peep about it since launch.

BruteUA

I want to grab Dark Void from GMG, but it's been listed as out of stock for the past few days. Do they generally restock before the sales expire?

And now the sale is over. Oh well, maybe next time.

Dark Void Zero is now on sale for $1.25, so I grabbed that. Activated as "Dark Void Zero Press Comp". Am I a gaming journalist now? I better start soliciting review copies and then make unfunny videos talking about everything except the game I'm reviewing.

Backlogger

Gabe just does laps around his swimming pool filled with money while everyone else works independently on whatever they please.

tumblr_lox02eaI2C1r0wgiuo1_400.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is there any indication one way or another whether FFXV is coming to PC? If you were a betting man, you would bet ______?

No indication one way or the other, but I would lean towards yes based on the fact that development now occurs on PC, they're already going multiplatform, the west is a huge audience for Final Fantasy, both the Eidos and the Square Enix sides of the company have moved to release more stuff on PC, etc.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is there any indication one way or another whether FFXV is coming to PC? If you were a betting man, you would bet ______?

PS4 or get out for now :p

I would want it on PC without a doubt though but I have a PS4 and am anticipating it there for now.

Nomura said square enix was looking into bringing it to other DX11 platforms which can only mean PCs. I wouldn't bet money on it being at console release though, whenever that might be.

Hopefully though!

Parsnip

When FFXV for PC is officially announced, I'll be very disappointed if the first reply in the thread isn't " Square just shot themselves in the foot, Japanese culture, I'm an expert etc" joke.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
When FFXV for PC is officially announced, I'll be very disappointed if the first reply in the thread isn't " Square just shot themselves in the foot, Japanese culture, I'm an expert etc" joke.

Considering how some mutation of it is still the first reply in completely unrelated threads, I think we should be safe.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Can confirm. Their on-site spa / gym is pretty cool, but I still feel like it would be a little creepy to shower at the office.

True story - they also have a large bottle of Scope mouthwash in the restrooms by the sink (as well as a bunch of new in-wrapper toothbrushes, etc) and my son thought it was hand soap. His hands smelled like mouthwash for the better part of the day.

HoosTrax

Happy Wars is an action-packed massive online multiplayer game where you can play together with as many as 30 players in one online session. And, it’s free-to-play.
30 simultaneous players makes it an MMO? TF2 is an MMO?

Can confirm. Their on-site spa / gym is pretty cool, but I still feel like it would be a little creepy to shower at the office.
If someone is the bike-to-work type, I really hope they would do everyone the courtesy to shower once at the office.

The Turing bundle at indieroayle is now live.

Eschalon: Book III (steam)
Eterium (steam)
3 Stars of Destiny (steam)
Fractured Soul (greenlight)
Motte Islands (steam)

Final Fantasy 3 PC looked a bit like Final Fantasy for DS so I checked:
This one is the PC screenshot from this thread:
fXPl66Z.jpg

This one is a DS emulator screenshot:
2014-05-28_19-59-56_zps91c52968.png

Besides text being rendered for proper resolution and blurrying backgrounds I don't see much difference.

Grief.exe

Been tweeting the 343i community manager everyday for a couple weeks. Let's see what he has to say.

Thankfully he did respond, it was honestly becoming quite difficult to come up with a new thing to say everyday.

caVuK78.png

Besides text being rendered for proper resolution and blurrying backgrounds I don't see much difference.

I see significantly better texture filtering.

The emulator is also extremely unoptimized, running higher resolutions at stable framerates is apparently quite difficult.

A Machine for Pigs has some of the best writing in a game but I really don't understand some of the decisions they made in terms of removing the fear effects. Game is just very rarely scary, still very much worth playing though. Just on a mechanical level it feels like the things they removed didn't have anything put in their place, rather than them adjusting the mechanics to fit their storytelling. The ending segment is incredible to play through though.

A Machine for Pigs has some of the best writing in a game but I really don't understand some of the decisions they made in terms of removing the fear effects. Game is just very rarely scary, still very much worth playing though. Just on a mechanical level it feels like the things they removed didn't have anything put in their place, whether than them adjusting the mechanics to fit their storytelling.

I'd agree with that, less scary, more interesting experience game. It is definitely worth that asking price.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Motte Island -- MB-9DE871A33D832B01 - Taken by zeroOman

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Motte Island (I heard this was pretty butt) -- MB-9B76449AA016C70B - Taken by Rhaknar

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Motte Island (I heard this was pretty butt) -- MB-9B76449AA016C70B

Modbot, you so silly!

Li Kao

Asked a few pages back but it got lost in the mix. Any updates on the 800 series cards? I need to upgrade bad.

Yup, my thought exactly. I don't know what I expected but I leave my first session of Watch Dogs a little sad. Whatever the settings, the game screamed 'what are you doing with this shit ?'. The little fuck was talking about my 560ti.
Nootttt that it is unplayable, but I had to greatly reduce graphical options in order to quit marmalade mode. Even then, the game is still prone to stuttering quite frequently, and in a game involving driving...

So far yeah, the game is not a looker even on high, and yeah it's typical Ubi. But I'm ok with that, the character and plot while generic are enjoyable, there are some nice hacking possibilities... no, it's not bad. But I don't thing I want to hit low settings or drive in stutter mode.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ty whoever you are mysterious benefactor for Motte Island, and I believe it is in fact NOT butt!

edit: wait I think I was trolled by modbot >_> nothing is showing up after activating it
edit_ wait there it is, was just lagging I guess. thanks again anonimous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom