• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humble RPGMaker bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • RPG Maker VX Ace
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle 1
  • Skyborn
  • Sweet Lily Dreams
  • RPG Maker Free Games bundle 1
TIER 2: 6$
  • RPG Maker XP
  • RPG Maker Exclusive Resource Pack
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle 2
  • To the Moon
  • Deadly Sin 2
  • RPG Maker Free Games Bundle 2
TIER 3: 12$
  • Game Character Hub
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle 3
  • Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm

That is pretty good. RPG maker in my opinion is pretty easy, but you will need a better engine if you want really high quality games.

Deques

Humble RPGMaker bundle
  • RPG Maker VX Ace
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle 1
  • Skyborn
  • Sweet Lily Dreams
  • RPG Maker XP
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle 2
  • To the Moon
  • Deadly Sin 2
  • Game Character Hub
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle 3

I guess there is no more excuses not to make games

Ruruja

Still waiting for an email from Humble Bundle with a key to register my browser. With this and IndieGala taking hours to show up, I'm not having much luck with bundles lately.

Turfster

Wait, VX Ace is $1, but RMXP is $6 tier? I mean, that's awesome (I paid $60 for RMXP back in the day) and I'll totally take it, but my face is totally o_O right now.

VX Ace is also like 15€ on Steam after a considerable discount.
People that bought it in the hour between Steam update and bundle update must be pissed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What bundle has those three games, PLEASE?

No bundle has those games. Sometimes people give away real games and not just bundle turds. CosmicQueso is being very generous here.

Speaking of which, I've added a rule called MEGAGIVERSONLY which limits a giveaway entry to those who have given away at least 25 games, so if you're planning on giving away something especially special and you might want to ensure it's not snatched up by just anyone, this might be of value to you. I'm going to look into adding some sort of manual flag to identify users who have given away games they've actually purchased just to give away, a sort of "angel identifier" if you will.

When I first coded the giveaway functionality of ModBot, bundlemania wasn't quite what it was now, and my original inspiration of trying to convert the kind of friendliness I've experienced giving and receiving gifts from GAF friends on Steam to something that could happen in-thread. I see it every so often. The giveaways of real full-price games are really touching and generous.

I'm really happy that people give away all their bundle spares, it's clearly generous and it obviously ends up being a win-win and a positive attitude, but originally I imagined it being even better and I'd like to spend some time trying to figure out how to encourage that. I know it's a two-part equation: how do you reward generosity (without making it a pay-for-favour system, which I'd never want to do) and how do you ensure that the games given away at great personal expense actually go to people who appreciate and/or play them? So hopefully that's something I can keep picking at as time goes on.

Copons

Oh wow, I understand why some people are disappointed by the Humble RPG Maker Bundle, but still they're offering a 60€ software (never mind the current sale) for 1$... :eek:

Also, for all you interested in some light game dev: while RPGMaker is actually very limited (even if heavily scripted, a RPGM game is still, obviously, a RPGM game), the sheer fact that provides LOTS of the most annoying stuff ever to create (like menus or the dialogue system) makes it a goooooood piece of software to play around and try some stuff!

EDIT: I'd totally buy a Humble Construct 2 Bundle, like right now.

Joe Molotov

Humble RPGMaker bundle
  • RPG Maker VX Ace
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle 1
  • Skyborn
  • Sweet Lily Dreams
  • RPG Maker XP
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle 2
  • To the Moon
  • Deadly Sin 2
  • Game Character Hub
  • RPG Maker DLC Bundle 3

lol, what a well timed weekend deal!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
My guess on why XP is higher-tiered is because it was added to Steam more recently than VX Ace. Also some people like RPG Maker XP more, it is a debated thing is VX Ace or XP is the 'definitive' version of RPG Maker. I'm guessing XP is a higher tier also so those that really want it can go buy it, as XP has never been on sale on Steam before.

Just for a sake of clarity, he biggest differences between VX Ace and XP are:

-XP has an unlimited tilesheet function, as well as an ability to make event sprites as large as you want while making the events effect every tile they take up, which makes it the best level editor in RPG Maker. VX Ace is limited to Five tilesheets per map and the events are one tile individually with larger sprites still taking up one event tile.

-VX Ace is vastly modifiable, letting a lot of the engine be modfiable with the Ruby scripting language to allow you to do quite a bit with it, and its very versatile. With this programming, doing things like lighting engines, fog effects, custom movements, or even changing the type of game it can be (platformers, shmups, etc) and more are very easy.

-XP has a larger sprite base, with VX Ace having much smaller chibi sprite base.

-VX Ace has a much better freamrate (60 fps for games easily) and much better audio system (can use .ogg's and .wav's, while XP can only use Midi's)

Ruruja

Lynn I've pierced my foot on a spiiiiiiike.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skyborn -- MB-7FD7913673529A64 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skyborn -- MB-EEED051DEEFD8E38 - Taken by C4rter. 7 entrants total.

t1401388897z1.png

MEGAGIVERSONLY

Good sir, how can one see how much they've given?

Also, won't this just encourage people giving away really cheap bundle fluff so that they qualify for the megagiver status? Also, would it matter if the actual games are taken by someone or would modbot just flag someone per submission, regardless of whether the submission is actually redeemed by another gaffer or not? What's to stop someone from making fake submissions and never posting them, for example?

I'm sure you've thought about all of these scenarios and possibly many more but just in case something slipped by ya i thought i would ask those questions.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
No bundle has those games. Sometimes people give away real games and not just bundle turds. CosmicQueso is being very generous here.

Speaking of which, I've added a rule called MEGAGIVERSONLY which limits a giveaway entry to those who have given away at least 25 games, so if you're planning on giving away something especially special and you might want to ensure it's not snatched up by just anyone, this might be of value to you. I'm going to look into adding some sort of manual flag to identify users who have given away games they've actually purchased just to give away, a sort of "angel identifier" if you will.

When I first coded the giveaway functionality of ModBot, bundlemania wasn't quite what it was now, and my original inspiration of trying to convert the kind of friendliness I've experienced giving and receiving gifts from GAF friends on Steam to something that could happen in-thread. I see it every so often. The giveaways of real full-price games are really touching and generous.

I'm really happy that people give away all their bundle spares, it's clearly generous and it obviously ends up being a win-win and a positive attitude, but originally I imagined it being even better and I'd like to spend some time trying to figure out how to encourage that. I know it's a two-part equation: how do you reward generosity (without making it a pay-for-favour system, which I'd never want to do) and how do you ensure that the games given away at great personal expense actually go to people who appreciate and/or play them? So hopefully that's something I can keep picking at as time goes on.

I have two types of giveaways I do, bundle spares and bundles of games I really like and go out of my way to give. Maybe there's be a way to somehow verify that user-side?

Like the giveaway I just did this morning was bundle keys, but then the giveaway I did last month with Resident Evil 4 and 6 and Daylight wasn't obviously, or the Christmas giveaways I did with Call of Cthulhu or Resident Evil Revelations and several others.

So maybe there'd be a way for users who receive the game to validate it somehow, or the givers make the claim? It is a tricky thing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I haz gamez yes?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

RPG Maker VX Ace -- MB-A0F9CB7939CF33DB - Taken by Kirosia
Skyborn -- MB-D4815227E089E62A - Taken by Sub Zero
To The Moon -- MB-5A5AEB08778D18F1 - Taken by Nzyme32

maty

Thanks for DayOne

No problem

Something to thank all of the generous givers... hugs.

Amazing giveaway, too bad I missed it. Also missed the Transistor giveaway. :'(

Guess I'll have to be in front of my pc the whole time xD

--

Yesterday I finished Q.U.B.E: DC's story mode. Luckily it was free for those who owned the original.

Besides the added story, the campaign remains the same except for only 2 new secret rooms. Still haven't played the dlc extras but those should be same as the dlc previously available.

There is also the option to play with Oculus Rift but since I don't have one, I can't try it.

BruteUA

I heard a rumor that there's going to be a SUPER HAPPY ULTRA MEGAGIVER class that will be the only ones eligible in the event of a Wheelman giveaway.

GaussTek

More Skyborn for you guys! :)

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Skyborn -- MB-75EFBA327A239118 - Taken by -MD-

Good sir, how can one see how much they've given?

Also, won't this just encourage people giving away really cheap bundle fluff so that they qualify for the megagiver status? Also, would it matter if the actual games are taken by someone or would modbot just flag someone per submission, regardless of whether the submission is actually redeemed by another gaffer or not? What's to stop someone from making fake submissions and never posting them, for example?

I'm sure you've thought about all of these scenarios and possibly many more but just in case something slipped by ya i thought i would ask those questions.

You really cant stop people from giving away really cheap stuff to inflate their status. I am sure there are people who only comment five times in the Steam threads just to be eligible for giveaways.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanks for Skyborn! You saved me a dollar ;)

a friend of mine cant afford 1 dollar. no joke.

its actually a big part of why I buy every bundle for the spares, even if I only need like 1 game out of 8 (like the last indiegala lol, but that was also a "wait I have that? oh well" moment).

in the off chance there are more people out there like my friend that cant even afford a $1 bundle :/

Rhaknar

more humoungous games. just give me 75% on dat mega pack Steam omnomnom

also Broforce got updated. I leave you with this

Bo0P-PoCMAAzgat.png

JakeD

i'm trying to not be one of those people who gets upset over slight delays (check the steam forums for truly rage-filled people) but i'm getting a little impatient for my kickstarter copy of Among The Sleep

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

That's a nice addition. I'll be sure using that in almost all my future giveaways. Any way I can check how many games I have given away? afaik my loot only lists unclaimed games

Rhaknar

when is be mine 13 out anyway? tomorow?

That's a nice addition. I'll be sure using that in almost all my future giveaways. Any way I can check how many games I have given away? afaik my loot only lists unclaimed games

ask Stump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom