• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Thanks for the Enhanced Steam tip guys.

Huh, my gift total is actually lower than I expected. I'll wait until I hit a milestone before sharing.

Tellaerin

Though it's not Steam (unfortunately), Blizzard has made The Lost Vikings and Rock and Roll Racing (oh, and Blackthorne, too) available for download for free here. Might be old news, but it seemed like it'd be worth passing along.

Benedict

Though it's not Steam (unfortunately), Blizzard has made The Lost Vikings and Rock and Roll Racing (oh, and Blackthorne, too) available for download for free here. Might be old news, but it seemed like it'd be worth passing along.

I see Diablo II and Diablo II:LOD there as well. Have they been free before or are they just showing up because I own them?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Should I bother with asking Steam Support to lift the market lock that has been applied to my account because of Steamguard? I don't know if they will help at all in such matters

Almost at 8 card bucks in my Dark Souls II fund! Thanks Croixleur Sigma, and a pre-thanks to the Doctor Who adventure game thing for turning it into 9.

Things are going swimingly.

Benedict

Is the Star Wars 2014 collection separate keys and worth buying it for keys from a russian trader?
I have most of the games but the ones I'm missing and want to buy, add up to the russian price.
Would be better then to buy the complete collection and give away the rest.

Is the Star Wars 2014 collection separate keys and worth buying it for keys from a russian trader?
I have most of the games but the ones I'm missing and want to buy, add up to the russian price.
Would be better then to buy the complete collection and give away the rest.
You do not get games you already owned.

Miguel81

Well, now I know why Steam is so heralded. I've fallen into the ditch of having digital games scattered all over the place. It doesn't feel too good.

Jawmuncher

Seems nothing much has been going on with steam unless I have missed something.
Heard about the COD:AW can't lie and say i'm not at least a little excited. The power suits make it look like Elysium the game.

Seems nothing much has been going on with steam unless I have missed something.
Heard about the COD:AW can't lie and say i'm not at least a little excited. The power suits make it look like Elysium the game.
Elysium game with spider tanks from a lot of games, Jetbike straight out from The Island, climbing gloves from Mission Impossible 4, visor from MGS/MGR, the list goes on and on.
I should have said I want an easy to play / fun class, not an expert one that makes the game harder :p
Sorcerer then, it looks easy with ranged attack.

Dupy doesn't giveaway 3DS games

This seems to convey what I'm feeling right about now...

LL

Card Boy

Banned
Looks like Daedalic are being greedy and charging existing owners of Whispered World $5 for a patch if they want Steam Cloud, Steam Cards and Commentary. It adds no visual improvements, widescreen or anything else. What a joke.

Hi all, we have been asked if owner of the Steam version of 'The Whispered World' have to pay the total price for the Special Edition.

No, they don't have to!

Players who already own the digital version of The Whispered World on Steam, will have the opportunity to purchase all new digital contents of the Special Edition at US$ 5.00/ €5.00 within the first three months after release. Best, Your Daedalic Team

Jawmuncher

Elysium game with spider tanks from a lot of games, Jetbike straight out from The Island, climbing gloves from Mission Impossible 4, visor from MGS/MGR, the list goes on and on..

In COD case being unoriginal is a plus. Stealing all of those ideas should actually hopefully maybe make the game less boring.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like Daedalic are being greedy and charging existing owners of Whispered World $5 for a patch if they want Steam Cloud, Steam Cards and Commentary. It adds no visual improvements, widescreen or anything else. What a joke.

It really should be free for existing owners, especially considering the original version was yanked a few days ago, but a loyalty discount is a decent compromise (although it really shouldn't expire).

What the hell about the lego games not in in the star wars discount ?

It's to be expected at this point. The games haven't been on sale at all since last year's Summer Sale -- not even so much as a general sale discount. The same isn't true of the other Star Wars games.

WB own the LEGO games.

The Star Wars and Indy games are published by LucasArts, since they're based on Lucasfilm properties. Everything else is WB. The obvious oddity in this setup is Lego Marvel, but Disney did say it's stepping away from game development and focusing in on licensing instead.

My bad, is there a rule or something?

No, but many dislike such vanity posts since they tend to pick up steam and litter the thread, which moves along at a brisk pace as is.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
In COD case being unoriginal is a plus. Stealing all of those ideas should actually hopefully maybe make the game less boring.
The sound is sooo done tho. Sounds like the last 4 dozen action movies I've seen. Everybody has been ripping off Matrix, Transformers and Inception since they came out, even in genres/settings where the sounds make no sense and seem to just exist for no reason.

Jawmuncher

Those shiny gadgets would be used once, and then discarded, like all past CoD games.
This is Sledgehammer's first attempt so maybe they can break the mold.

The sound is sooo done tho. Sounds like the last 4 dozen action movies I've seen. Everybody has been ripping off Matrix, Transformers and Inception since they came out, even in genres/settings where the sounds make no sense and seem to just exist for no reason.

I've given up on sound design for AAA games. I just accept now that they all sounds the same.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Awesome, thank you! Haven't seen/played The Lost Vikings since grade school.

On A Rail is kind of awful. And yeah, I think the earlier chapters are perhaps a bit too focused on puzzle solving (hunting down buttons A/B/C and pressing them). Then again, it's still a much better paced game than Half-Life 2, if you ask me (Highway 17 boo!).

I just finished Half-Life 2 for the first time last week. The driving and boat sequences were both about twice as long as they needed to be, IMO. Though looking back on it now, I think the way those sequences just seemed to stretch out forever actually contributed to the slightly surreal, almost dreamlike atmosphere the game had.

You were supposed to travel from the outskirts of City-17 to a dam and then from a dock along the coast to a prison which accepts trains from City-17. Of course it wouldn't be a short journey. This isn't Krutor the barbarian :lol To me there's actually a sense of progression in those segments and they (more so Highway-17) offer multiple parts where you can explore envinroments, get out of the vehicles and just mess around without being pestered by the game (if you don't wan to). That adds a sense of pacing to it. It's not just about lenght. Downtime is important, and not getting constantly funneled into action is important. Sometimes I just like to take my time, do things at my own pace, triggering things when I want to.

F.E.A.R.'s Armacham facility level is a lot worse than these, because you spend around 2-3 hours in the same boring environment without any downtime. There's no sense of progression and there's constant tension (Norton Mapes and elevator ride parts were good, but not enough to balance it out), it becomes a monotonous slog despite the great gunplay.

I consider Modern Warfare which is half the length of HL2 to be poorly paced, because in the end it's almost non-stop on-rails action. Hey you want to go a different path? Warning! Leaving the combat zone! Hey until you don't reach that point or do that objective we're going to spam infinite enemies out you. It's bunch of fail states. You're getting funneled as IW wants you to. Even All Ghilied Up is basically an interactive cutscene.

I played Bulletstorm at a friend and after initially liking the combat, got bored of it halfway though, because despite the varied environments it's a bunch of connected arenas, where the only downtime is through some cutscenes or running along a couple of corridors till you get to the next arena. Same happened with Painkiller, same happened with Serious Sam.

Copons

DUUUUUPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHY U NO CARE ABOUT SLEEPING EUROGAF

I swear everytime I wake up
yup I wake up once every couple of weeks
I missed a Dupy's Giveaway™ with at least one of my top 5 wishlisted games.
I'm trying so hard to get a night watch job just to be able to at least partecipate your giveaways
because snatching free games >>>>> buying games >>>>> sun
, instead now I go back crying in bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom