• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Should I be expecting the early COD titles to go higher then 25% off this weekend?

That's an interesting question because I wouldn't put it past Acti to just put the Black Ops games on sale (see the banner) as opposed to the entire franchise.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
DUUUUUPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHY U NO CARE ABOUT SLEEPING EUROGAF

I swear everytime I wake up
yup I wake up once every couple of weeks
I missed a Dupy's Giveaway™ with at least one of my top 5 wishlisted games.
I'm trying so hard to get a night watch job just to be able to at least partecipate your giveaways
because snatching free games >>>>> buying games >>>>> sun
, instead now I go back crying in bed.

copons

ilu bru

I've spent about $4.25 average on my Steam library, not counting complimentary items and non-games. It helps that I've been a sporadic user for almost four years; my GOG library is already larger and more diverse. Funny how I'm getting into this app now that it's on the fritz.

DUUUUUPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'm trying so hard to get a night watch job just to be able to at least partecipate your giveaways

This is my experience with Dupy giveaways. Woke up at 8 AM, checked GAF, all I saw was the last 9 minutes of Dupy's last giveaway. :D

It's not really a problem since I'd never win the raffles anyway, but still a funny thing that happens every other week. Still, thanks for the generosity Dupy!

JaseC

Thanks, awesome! I still want NOLF2 on Steam. >:)

It'll likely be a while before anything happens. There are two possible outcomes here:

- The actual IP owners come out of the woodwork following last year's carnival of stupid, at which point Night Dive can hopefully negotiate a re-release as it did with System Shock 2, which was in a similar situation, or
- Nobody comes forward and Night Dive is awarded the trademarks

Obviously #1 can happen at any time, and is likely what ND is hoping for, but as far as #2 is concerned, the submissions won't even be looked at for another three months.

Tame

finally dug out these games i was sitting on for a wee while

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Gift Link
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-136775445E110040 - Taken by Actiss. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-093E3F5C397D5FCD - Taken by BadAss2961. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-533161549F8124BC - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-42903AC7C3FB95F9 - Taken by Kiru. 3 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-6E293F7665CCAF13 - Taken by johnssy123. 4 entrants total.
To the Moon -- MB-4CD9B3F0D4683603 - Taken by Servizio. 6 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-CA8C736A0DFE3432 - Taken by Frank Jaeger. 4 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-822F088247DC176E - Taken by mr_tc. 18 entrants total.
Titan Attacks! -- MB-CC358C94C7E47CF7 - Taken by bobnowhere. 8 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-3A06A57D21B60A8C - Taken by ChimpanzeeThat. 9 entrants total.

steam keys
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-F8708B2C48844169 - Taken by Sky Chief. 2 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-EE497F52CE862001 - Taken by fspm. 7 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-0B269626920F2232 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-60D32B7BA883216E - Taken by Maddocks. 1 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-3FE24975DCF04DA2 - Taken by bodyboarder. 4 entrants total.

t1399199203z1.png

aku:jiki

Now that's a giveaway, Tame! Every single game in there is great! (Except maybe War in the North? No idea what that even is.)

How is Geometry Wars? I don't expect it to go more than 50% off.
It's cool and it did kickstart the revival of the dualstick shooter genre in a major way, and with good reason, but it's also old and pretty simplistic compared to what's come after it.

Mutant Storm Reloaded is a better choice for a pure dualstick highscore experience; it's more challenging, doesn't have the stupid snake glitch and has a hell of a lot more content overall. If you want story and progression and more depth in general, games like Renegade Ops, Gatling Gears and Binding of Isaac are awesome.

It'll likely be a while before anything happens. There are two possible outcomes here:

- The actual IP owners come out of the woodwork following last year's carnival of stupid, at which point Night Dive can hopefully negotiate a re-release as it did with System Shock 2, which was in a similar situation, or
- Nobody comes forward and Night Dive is awarded the trademarks

Obviously #1 can happen at any time, and is likely what ND is hoping for, but as far as #2 is concerned, the submissions won't even be looked at for another three months.
With regards to #2, surely the copyright issue would prevent NOLF 1 and 2 from being reissued by ND without word from the original IP owner. The trademarks cover the actual names (e.g. No One Lives Forever) so a new game could use those titles, but the actual games are protected by copyright which, at least in the UK, as a different, and much longer, lifespan.

JaseC

With regards to #2, surely the copyright issue would prevent NOLF 1 and 2 from being reissued by ND without word from the original IP owner. The trademarks cover the actual names (e.g. No One Lives Forever) so a new game could use those titles, but the actual games are protected by copyright which, at least in the UK, as a different, and much longer, lifespan.

I didn't mean to suggest that Night Dive being awarded the trademarks would offer a green light to release the games themselves; my point was just that one significant hurdle would no longer be in the way. According to the US copyright database, the games themselves are owned by 20th Century Fox as opposed to Fox Interactive in particular (which was sold off to Vivendi and later absorbed into Acti-Blizz).

Milamber

Wouldn't the current owner of the assets of NOLF come forward then? What happens if they did get awarded the trademark but no assets in sight?

EDIT: May be a stupid question but I'm speed reading this in a bus.

JaseC

Wouldn't the current owner of the assets of NOLF come forward then? What happens if they did get awarded the trademark but no assets in sight?

Night Dive contacts Fox with the hope of putting the two pieces of the puzzle together.

I didn't mean to suggest that Night Dive being awarded the trademarks would offer a green light to release the games themselves; my point was just that one significant hurdle would no longer be in the way. According to the US copyright database, the games themselves are owned by 20th Century Fox as opposed to Fox Interactive in particular (which was sold off to Vivendi and later absorbed into Acti-Blizz).

Ah ok, I see. It would be good progress for Night Drive to be awarded the trademarks. I hope that 20th Century Fox doesn't stand in the way of ND if ND approaches 20CF.

Kiru

DUUUUUPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Truth, lol.

Exiciting news with NOLF announcment, getting there

gC6GGaal.jpg

(there's NOLF 1 cd's inside the NOLF2 box too as it came without a box)
I got NOLF with my graphics card back then. Can't find the disc anymore :(

JaseC

Ah ok, I see. It would be good progress for Night Drive to be awarded the trademarks. I hope that 20th Century Fox doesn't stand in the way of ND if ND approaches 20CF.

Indeed. It's entirely possible that Night Dive filed for the trademarks because it's already struck an agreement with Fox, but time will tell.

Any Idea why the game count in the steam client and your game count on you steam profile are different?

One or more of:

- You have demos installed
- You have free games installed
- You own DLC pertaining to F2P games (in which case the games are tied to your library in much the same way as they would be if you'd bought them, but despite this they're not factored into your profile game count)

I can certainly understand why it got so much praise when some of you were playing it a few months ago.

I've had a few runs now and am still waiting for it all to click so I can just play without having to think about it all so much but seem to be getting slightly further along in my understanding each time.

I like how I can play for a few minutes, die, go and do something else and then come back and start a new game with some of my progress carried forward. I can see myself playing this for awhile!

You know, reading that best/worst of E3 thread it's probably for the best Valve aren't making their own conf there.

A separate multi-day event/con would still make sense though :p

Zafir

DUUUUUPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Lol, missed it as well, thanks to also sleeping.

Mind you, I already have Dark souls 2 on PC twice thanks to having to buy a digital copy due to the delay, don't need it a third time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You know, reading that best/worst of E3 thread it's probably for the best Valve aren't making their own conf there.

A separate multi-day event/con would still make sense though :p

valve never had a E3 conference why would they start now

Saty

I just want a PC press conference. 2 hours of packed game demos and trailers - from AAA multiplatform games to exclusive games to indie standouts.

Diedac

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Face Noir -- MB-DE91CB02033A8819 - Taken by Javier23. 8 entrants total.
The 39 Steps -- MB-6A02C09EB0B6498A - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 2 entrants total.

t1399133328z1.png

aku:jiki

Haha, Indie Gala just outdid themselves in fucking up. They posted a new bundle but they put in the wrong games (it's the same games as in their "mysterious bundle" from two weeks ago or so) and it says that the 24 hours discount lets you buy for $2.95 instead of the usual price of $2.45!

The incompetence of that team is kind of amazing.

Edit: Aw, they already fixed it so you guys can't partake in the lols. The bundle has Hexcells Plus in it so it's obviously an obligatory instabuy.

Haha, Indie Gala just outdid themselves in fucking up. They posted a new bundle but they put in the wrong games (it's the same games as in their "mysterious bundle" from two weeks ago or so) and it says that the 24 hours discount lets you buy for $2.95 instead of the usual price of $2.45!

The incompetence of that team is kind of amazing.

Edit: Aw, they already fixed it so you guys can't partake in the lols.

I saw it

JaseC

The aforementioned Tiny Mix Bundle is as follows (Steam key unless otherwise noted):

Pay $1 to receive:
- Sylia: Act 1 (Desura)
- Hexcells Plus
- Postal

Or pay $2.95 (raising to $4.99 after the first 24 hours) to also get:
- Poof
- Angvik
- Aveyond: Lord of Twilight
- Ethan: Meteor Hunter
- Gravi
- Truck Racer
- Grimind
- Bonus game to be unveiled later

It's worth noting that Hexcells and Hexcells Plus are separate apps, so don't skip the $1 tier if you already own the former.

textonly

Neo Member
The aforementioned Tiny Mix Bundle is as follows (Steam key unless otherwise noted):

Pay $1 to receive:
- Sylia: Act 1 (Desura)
- Hexcells Plus
- Postal

Or pay $2.95 (raising to $4.99 after the first 24 hours) to also get:
- Poof
- Angvik
- Aveyond: Lord of Twilight
- Ethan: Meteor Hunter
- Gravi
- Truck Racer
- Grimind
- Bonus game to be unveiled later

It's worth noting that Hexcells and Hexcells Plus are separate apps, so don't skip the $1 tier if you already own the former.
Ethan: Meteor Hunter is actually deluxe edition which also contains soundtrack, artbook and game guide, you can still activate this key even you already own the regular edition.

Momentary

Banned
I remember when I used to get excited when Steam had over 20 games under their future release tab... .Now theres like 80.

Also, I would do a Call of Duty franchise pack for $60. Just throwing that out there Activision.

Here be games (Down there):

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Postal -- MB-89E6812A31704296 - Taken by Dragon1893 - Taken by Dragon1893
Angvik -- MB-019BAC29D7302C41 - Taken by Kiru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom