• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Grimind -- MB-431B40F7D4936D1E - Taken by fantomena
Angvik -- MB-3A3FEBD8246C7909 - Taken by _hekk05
Aveyond: Lord of Twilight -- MB-250F6A8A8BB1A622 - Taken by Haunted - Taken by Haunted
Gravi -- MB-1D00DE9FDC6954A3 - Taken by Scipius
Poof -- MB-4C2024EE9CDB9791 - Taken by oipic
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-56F4C1070347635E - Taken by nightstorm
Postal -- MB-289146BB5394094B - Taken by zeroOman
Truck Racer -- MB-172D2965B93B3883 - Taken by topyy

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
modbot borked? seems to be taking longer than usual to get my giveaway message

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gravi -- MB-9ADD41BF11E9B372 - Taken by Cth. 1 entrants total.
Postal -- MB-80E944CD2D211387 - Taken by TuckingFypo. 3 entrants total.
Angvik -- MB-F43D459880FF98BD - Taken by Evrain. 1 entrants total.
Grimind -- MB-17DF662365E52933 - Taken?

t1399125765z1.png

Nzyme32

I just want a PC press conference. 2 hours of packed game demos and trailers - from AAA multiplatform games to exclusive games to indie standouts.

I'm still thinking that Valve might do something in that spirit very soon considering all the new stuff they are doing. I recall at dev days they said they don't particularly like conventions since they aren't really creating much value for people, so they decided to do dev days. If they were going to do some sort of consumer type thing surrounding steam, it would have to be done in some interactive format I guess, so perhaps not the typical conference

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Submit it again.

that worked

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-21FFBCAFE531D2FE - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 2 entrants total.
Gravi -- MB-7C5851F9AF79FA40 - Taken by Zia. 1 entrants total.
Postal -- MB-C6F913C59EEE1FE5 - Taken by Madrugador. 2 entrants total.
Angvik -- MB-1410F8BABA1C276D
Aveyond: Lord of Twilight -- MB-BFE25435831A5294 - Taken by Annubis. 5 entrants total.

t1399125854z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
that worked

This issue has been happening quite a bit lately and I'm still trying to figure out why. Modbot gets the original PM and generates the giveaway, it just doesn't follow through to PM you back or post if you're doing it anonymously. I haven't been able to isolate the issue just yet. Sorry for the hassle.

Haunted

I took one of those games, thanks Jase.

I just want a PC press conference. 2 hours of packed game demos and trailers - from AAA multiplatform games to exclusive games to indie standouts.
oh man, now that would be something

JaseC

I was gonna say thanks for Grimind but I got a duplicate product code error. Oh well.

If you're referring to my giveaway, it was fantomena who actually won it as per the edit to my post and the giveaway receipt. ModBot shouldn't have PM'd you.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If you're referring to my giveaway, it was fantomena who actually won it as per the edit to my post and the giveaway receipt. ModBot shouldn't have PM'd you.

No, he's referring to the anonymous giveaway. Something weird happened there. Postal should have had 2 entries, he claimed Grimind. Can't explain the duplicate product code though.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Aveyond Lord of Twilight -- MB-5CE120755EA51DBE - Taken by tuseday. 1 entrants total. - Taken by tuseday. 1 entrants total.
Gravi -- MB-C6FB16D80CB8825E - Taken by -MD-. 1 entrants total.
Postal -- MB-3BAA91A55C10BC34 - Taken by VikasNarula. 3 entrants total.
Angvik -- MB-30370763EE98660D - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 3 entrants total.
Grimind -- MB-0E598E9AF45A75C0 - Taken by Aitor. 3 entrants total.

t1399137106z1.png

Also, why is Cabela's Hunting Expeditions the only game in the series thats only available in the USA?

It looks like the most interesting of the bunch... bought two others anyway, these games are the right stuff for a drunken night with friends :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Da DreadLord:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

POSTAL 1 -- MB-73B715D7AE87337D - Taken by nature boy. 3 entrants total.

t1399128377z1.png

Tenrius

Whoops.
a postcard for SalsaShark

Oh, and I'd like to remind people that Leviathan has been greenlit and is due to release (hopefully) this summer. So feel free to check my thread out etc, you might have picked this game up during the Not On Steam sale a while back.

Enjoy
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Postal -- MB-B285370763BFCA67 - Taken by VikasNarula

Tizoc

Gonna get Child of Light tomorrow, my Deluxe Edition arrived but the post office closes early on Saturdays lol.

Question about Wolfenstein: The New Order. We have:
Wolfenstein: The New Order without prices for Germany and Japan
and Wolfenstein: The New Order LV with only a german price mentioned.
Wich tells me that only the german version might be censored.

But I've just read that only the US version of the game was supposedly uncensored and it's uncertain whether or not the UK version will be uncut.

What is true now? And will it be possible to play the uncensored PC version in germany in some way? Activating a non-german key or something.

I really hate this censor crap. They didn't only changed the symbolism in the game but also removed every mention from Nazi Germany from the dub which totally breaks the mood for this game in my opinion.

Rainy Dog

How do steam cloud saves work? I'm currently in the process of a system reinstall after a couple of hardware upgrades and the only folder I backed up from my steam install was steamapps so I don't have to redownload any games. I also used Game Save Manager to back up my saves but just noticed that its not backed up Grid 2's save and that was the game I'm currently playing through.

When I reinstall Steam on the newly installed OS, is there an option to pull down cloud saves or is it automatic? I dont want to risk booting the game up and overriding the cloud save with a new game save.

JaseC

What is true now? And will it be possible to play the uncensored PC version in germany in some way? Activating a non-german key or something..

The UK version is uncensored. There are no retail-specific subs (aside from a dev one), which means all non-German/Austrian copies of the game share the same, uncensored version. As has been noted, though, all ROW subs have the prohibitrunincountries flag, which is the sister to onlyallowrunincountries, so to play the uncensored version you'd need to:

- Use a VPN while playing, or
- Use a VPN to run the game and then switch to Offline Mode for the rest, or
- Use the app id trick to fool Steam into thinking you're playing something else (which breaks Steamworks features)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hopefully jshackles succeeds in pitching it to them :p

I still haven't heard back about this - but if I do I'll let you guys know if I can.

Zia

Last night Steam was down. This morning Dark Souls II is down so I impulse buy a bundle. Trying to activate the games I purchased and Steam is down again.

Whee.

Unfortunately, yes.
The UK version is uncensored. There are no retail-specific subs (aside from a dev one), which means all non-German/Austrian copies of the game share the same, uncensored version. As has been noted, though, all ROW subs have the prohibitrunincountries flag, which is the sister to onlyallowrunincountries, so to play the uncensored version you'd need to:

- Use a VPN while playing, or
- Use a VPN to run the game and then switch to Offline Mode for the rest, or
- Use the app id trick to fool Steam into thinking you're playing something else (which breaks Steamworks features)
So fucked.

Don't know what I'll do, probably wait until the game is 10$ in Russia, buy that version and just use VPN.

Looks like the only option then is VPN activation and Offline Mode. Will wait for this to hit bargain bin.
Thanks for the clarifications.

The-Bean

When I reinstall Steam on the newly installed OS, is there an option to pull down cloud saves or is it automatic? I dont want to risk booting the game up and overriding the cloud save with a new game save.

It should download them automatically, either when the game is installed or when you go to launch it.

Li Kao

Hey SteamGaf I'm back from the dead ! (well in fact from another thread, I don't know how you can closely follow multiple threads T_T)
I am tempted by the activision sale on Spidey and Transformer 1/2. Are these good games, I mean in a mindless fun way, not expecting real goodness here. Will I have my money's worth with them or should they be avoided ?

Annubis

A bit random but... Path of Exile coming to Steam was the best thing ever for that game.
Now, my game is always up to date when I want to play it, instead of wanting to play it but then having to wait for a 300 MB patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom