• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any chance for Wolfenstein 2009 to be back on Steam at some point?

For it to happen either Zenimax needs to buy the game outright from Acti or, in what would be a rather creative move, the two have to agree on a revenue split if it were to be published as a Bethesda game while Acti retains ownership of the game itself. The former isn't without precedent as Quake 4 is on Steam under the Bethesda label (and more tellingly it's listed on id Software's site, unlike Wolf09), but I've theorised that Wolf09 is in a spot of bother because Acti's asking for a figure higher than what Zenimax considers reasonable, being a more recent title and one Acti almost assuredly lost money on.

Lizardus

For it to happen either Zenimax needs to buy the game outright from Acti or, in what would be a rather creative move, the two have to agree on a revenue split if it were to be published as a Bethesda game while Acti retains ownership of the game itself. The former isn't without precedent as Quake 4 is on Steam under the Bethesda label (and more tellingly it's listed on id Software's site, unlike Wolf09), but I've theorised that Wolf09 is in a spot of bother because Acti's asking for a figure higher than what Zenimax considers reasonable, being a more recent title and one Acti almost assuredly lost money on.

We should start a kickstarter for every game that's been removed from steam. How much would it take to get these on steam again? This is something I would definitely pay kickstarter for.

Grief.exe

Something we can all say with a certainty. Currently, no one is making any money on the game.

Hey SteamGaf I'm back from the dead ! (well in fact from another thread, I don't know how you can closely follow multiple threads T_T)
I am tempted by the activision sale on Spidey and Transformer 1/2. Are these good games, I mean in a mindless fun way, not expecting real goodness here. Will I have my money's worth with them or should they be avoided ?

I think both transformers are worth it at that price. They are good 3rd person shooters with some fun vehicle transformations. If you like transformers or want some mindless fun, get them, there's no problems with the ports.

Javier23

Banned
Cool, thanks. Are there any other mods that I should install?
I've heard recently there are some graphic mods, which I had no idea about, but apart from those, on which someone will be able to advise you better, I'd say you're ready to go. KOTOR has never been an extensively modded series, (the Restoration Mod is a fan patch with some extra content), and what there is there is not that great.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I found it in a local Mediamarkt for a standard price. I like it a lot, personally, most other 3DS models look somewhat boring.

Most of them really do, and the LEs that I would want never left Japan, like the SMT IV LL or the Pokemon X/Y Gold LL
or those New Love Plus LLs.
. The Zelda one is pretty neat looking, though. But what I would want most is a ice white NA 3DS.

IndieGameStand currently has a deal on a game called Fatal Theory, currently on Steam's Greenlight service and already available via Desura. Doesn't really look like a game I would enjoy, but I'm sure someone might want it, even if only for the cheap +1 it may eventually bring to your Steam library.

Fatal Theory
I got excited there for a second

My mind automatically fills in the blanks by this point.

Well that's a shame. Heard good things about it. I guess I'll have to play it on 360 or PS3, someday.

maty

Spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-7D05F40B7D9B237C - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Aerena -- MB-92F720E3D510EFF0 - Taken by zeroOman - Taken by zeroOman
Gravi -- MB-3BE208F1319E4003 - Taken by trailmix16
POSTAL 1 -- MB-53DEF64C73BF4094 - Taken by Evrain

If the winners of Giana and Aerena have problems with the links let me know and I'll send the gifts directly, Both were available in a previous giveaway but nobody took them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ghosts not even 50% off, didnt it bomb (bomb compared to the usual COD numbers I mean)?

JaseC

At least my cynicism was misplaced (I expected Acti to just discount the Black Ops games rather than the whole franchise). Time to pick up the Windows version of Black Ops and its DLC, I suppose -- who knows when or even if it'll be more than half off.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Game Time! First person to guess my favorite Nightwish song gets a copy of Papers, Please. 3 songs per entry. You have 3 hours

Turfster

I can see Bobby squirming in his office seat, "50% off? That's too much!"

Well the others are still 30€ a pop, so he can at least stop quivering.
(Seriously, for 30€, I can get like, ALL of them secondhand on consoles. WTF you doin, Acti)
I'd really like to get Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3, but there's no way I'm going to fork over $20 bucks for 3-4 year old games.

You mean the equivalent of 40$

koolaroo

Wow call of duty games for ten dollars, is that a first?
Also excluding call of duty 2 (because I own it) would you guys say any of them are worth getting.

Would I be lost if I ended up playing Darksiders 2 before finishing the first one? When my computer crashed back in November I lost my save, so I don't feel like going back...

Well the others are still 30€ a pop, so he can at least stop quivering.
(Seriously, for 30€, I can get like, ALL of them secondhand on consoles. WTF you doin, Acti)
bobby-kotick-money-bags1.jpg

JaseC

Would I be lost if I ended up playing Darksiders 2 before finishing the first one? When my computer crashed back in November I lost my save, so I don't feel like going back...

Despite the name it's actually a prequel and doesn't really tie into the events of the original in any meaningful way.

kuYuri

Nope, most the story happens during or between Darksiders 1's prologue and main story.

It basically goes like this:

Darksiders 1 Prologue -> Darksiders 2 -> Darksiders 1 (DS2's ending happens right after Darksiders 1's ending I think).

-MD-

If I remember right both game's stories run side by side, in the first one you play as War and in the sequel you play as Death trying to assist War.

Just go read the last paragraph or two of the first game's story section on the wiki and play the sequel.

Edit: better yet just watch the first game's ending on youtube.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If I remember right both game's stories run side by side, in the first one you play as War and in the sequel you play as Death trying to assist War.

Just go read the last paragraph or two of the first game's story section on the wiki and play the sequel.

Edit: better yet just watch the first game's ending on youtube.

But the first one is the better game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom