• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

-MD-

But the first one is the better game

It's been too long since I've played the first one but I do remember DS2 having the better combat system. I think it lacked everywhere else though, I remember rolling my eyes at like a dozen quests revolving around "fetch these 3 items".

I enjoyed them both though.

Game Time! First person to guess my favorite Nightwish song gets a copy of Papers, Please. 3 songs per entry. You have 3 hours

I was gonna say "My Immortal" because I though that's the only song I know from them. Turns out I don't know any! Guess that means I'm disqualified.

BruteUA

I'm sorta in a bind here. I want to play Darksiders 2 for the Playfire rewards (I'm also enjoying the game quite a bit, always been an admirer of the Grim Reaper), but I also want to play some Counterstrike to get one of those new cases that I can sell towards Fall of Cybertron. I'm going to end up like that donkey who starved to death because he couldn't choose between two identical bales of hay to eat.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I was gonna say "My Immortal" because I though that's the only song I know from them. Turns out I don't know any! Guess that means I'm disqualified.

Just google "best nightwish songs" and pick 3 random ones, you may be lucky.
And whoever mentions songs by Anette Olzon will be immediately disqualified
joking obviously
but yeah, my favorite one was pre-Dark Passion Play so take that as a hint

Just google "best nightwish songs" and pick 3 random ones, you may be lucky.
And whoever mentions songs by Anette Olzon will be immediately disqualified
joking obviously
but yeah, my favorite one was pre-Dark Passion Play so take that as a hint

Nah, feels like cheating.

Despite the name it's actually a prequel and doesn't really tie into the events of the original in any meaningful way.

Nope, most the story happens during or between Darksiders 1's prologue and main story.

It basically goes like this:

Darksiders 1 Prologue -> Darksiders 2 -> Darksiders 1 (DS2's ending happens right after Darksiders 1's ending I think).

If I remember right both game's stories run side by side, in the first one you play as War and in the sequel you play as Death trying to assist War.

Just go read the last paragraph or two of the first game's story section on the wiki and play the sequel.

Edit: better yet just watch the first game's ending on youtube.
Awesome, thanks. I probably will go watch the ending on Youtube but I'm in the mood to try out new things, thus I want to play Darksiders 2! Now that I know I don't need too much knowledge other than what I have (the universe and whatnot), I feel more comfortable trying it.

Sub Zero

Hmmm

How about:
Bless the Child
Wishmaster
Pharaoh Sails to Orion

YOU%27RE%20WINNER.png

Check your PM for the game ;)

Game Time! First person to guess my favorite Nightwish song gets a copy of Papers, Please. 3 songs per entry. You have 3 hours

̶*̶g̶i̶g̶g̶l̶e̶s̶*̶ ̶P̶a̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶s̶h̶l̶i̶s̶t̶
̶
̶1̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶o̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶e̶n̶d̶u̶l̶u̶m̶ ̶
̶2̶.̶ ̶W̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶H̶a̶d̶ ̶A̶n̶ ̶A̶n̶g̶e̶l̶ ̶
̶3̶.̶ ̶B̶y̶e̶ ̶B̶y̶e̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶.̶

beaten

Khronico

Trying to get Dark Forces II to work on a modern system is a nightmare... I spent about an hour trying to get it to work with the enhanced texture packs and all I get are strange, unexplained CTD's. Guess I'll reinstall and try again.

Tizoc

Maaaaan I haven't listened to Nightwish in AGES. Too bad I'm planning on getting Papers, Please on my Vita instead. Great giveaway though.

Kiru

She Is My Sin
Nightquest
Elvenpath

Is that ok, or should I via PM ? Those are kinda some of MY favorite songs, lol.

EDIT: Oh damn, I was still on the last page haha.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hated how Darksiders 2 added random loot. Opening treasure chests was so unsatisfying. So much useless stuff.

I think the loot system as a general concept was a good addition to the game, but the implementation suffered greatly due to the possessed weapons system. You rarely find weapons you actually want to use because the game prefers to deal out the loot equivalent of fast food for your possessed items.

-MD-

I think the loot system as a general concept was a good addition to the game, but the implementation suffered greatly due to the possessed weapons system. You rarely find weapons you actually want to use because the game prefers to deal out the loot equivalent of fast food for your possessed items.

Pretty sure I completely ignored possessed weapons when I played it.

Khronico

what does it say when you run it?

Nothing, it gets the lucasarts logo animation and then crashes immediately after. I think it might be an error due to me trying to install the unofficial patch with the steam version, as the two don't cooperate well without some serious work.

I just hate the whole concept of random equipments. Lots and lots of them, but most are just shit. Give me less but more meaningful items. Also I want to be rewarded with specific stuff when I do something. I think item placement is important in level design.

Random dungeons are even worse, and thankfully they didn't do that in Darksiders 2.

In short, screw (most) random stuff.

Nothing, it gets the lucasarts logo animation and then crashes immediately after. I think it might be an error due to me trying to install the unofficial patch with the steam version, as the two don't cooperate well without some serious work.

Oh so it works without the patches?

dreamfall

I picked up COD4- purely out of nostalgia. I'm going to boot it up, and try to remember the glory days! If only Black Ops 1 was up for $9.99 too, would've bought it in a heartbeat.

The rest of the series I passively enjoyed, but nothing like those two titles. Something to shakeup the Dark Souls 2 addiction!

Sub Zero

Sweet! (I almost guessed Devil & the Deep Dark Ocean)

Thank you to a man with excellent taste.

I still feel Oceanborn is their best album.

I agree! Their best album ever!

Hmmm, I think I prefer these guessing games to standard ModBot giveaways but I'm afraid that if I'll do a couple more I'll get banned for starting spamfests. Anyway I'll probably be doing another giveaway later for those who guessed incorrectly or have poor taste in music

I agree! Their best album ever!

Hmmm, I think I prefer these guessing games to standard ModBot giveaways but I'm afraid that if I'll do a couple more I'll get banned for starting spamfests. Anyway I'll probably be doing another giveaway later for those who guessed incorrectly or have poor taste in music

I quite like this type of giveaway, but yes it does get a little spammy.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I must say, I was playing a bit of Red Orchestra 2 today (awesome as always but I really should play more) and I love the music in it, especially the main theme.

After resisting for the longest time imaginable, I finally caved and bought a Uplay game because Child of Light looks cool. Suddenly:

uplay-wtf-bitch.png

I can honestly say that this has never ever happened to me before in my years of using this handle. I'm actually a bit pissed.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
After resisting for the longest time imaginable, I finally caved and bought a Uplay game because Child of Light looks cool. Suddenly:

I can honestly say that this has never ever happened to me before in my years of using this handle. I'm actually a bit pissed.

Clearly, you have a doppelganger in some alternate reality NeoGAF Steam thread.

Khronico

Man.... Replaying the jedi knight series at native screen res and 60fps locked is gonna be a treat. Last time I played them was on a 2004 pc that could barely hold 30 without dips.

Anteater

child of light is good, and uplay isn't so bad, unless it deletes my saves or some shit i don't have any problem with it so far

Lizardus

Everyone upgrade their CPU!!!!

For Wolfenstein: New Order

System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space

Giever

uplay-wtf-bitch.png

Are you sure you didn't make a uplay account sometime awhile ago, and forgot about it? Maybe it's yours.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

uplay-wtf-bitch.png

Sorry dude, I liked your user name and you were slow on the draw.

Anyway, if anybody wants somebody for their Trials Fusion leaderboards add me: jimjambongs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom