• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

It seems Humble Daedalic Bundle owners aren't so lucky:
Makes sense, I suppose, considering the game was part of the $1 tier and short of people providing proof of purchase there's no way for Daedalic to ascertain who just paid a buck and who beat the average.

Weird, I still have the game (downloading it ATM), and I'm positive I got it from Humble.

Newest Playfire Head 2 Head, Spelunky vs Strike Suit Zero

http://blog.playfire.com/2014/05/playfire-rewards-spelunky-vs-strike.html?m=1

Glad I held off playing Spelunky all this time, pretty much a given that it will win the H2H

Strike Suit Zero is winning by 2/3 when I voted (64% to 36%).
Spelunky achievements are not something you can easily knock out for playfire credit. I have something like 70+ hours and I'm still missing a bunch of them.

I voted for Strike Suit Zero anyway because I figured it would have more rewards for me to go after since I've never played it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Strike Suit Zero is winning by 2/3 when I voted (64% to 36%).
Spelunky achievements are not something you can easily knock out for playfire credit. I have something like 70+ hours and I'm still missing a bunch of them.

I voted for Strike Suit Zero anyway because I figured it would have more rewards for me to go after since I've never played it.

I don't have a Facebook accoun to check but that's weird, usually the most popular game wins no matter how easy or hard the cheevos are.

In other Playfire News, Bound by Flame is getting the Dark Souls II treatment regarding achievements so you can earn up to £5 for getting all of them

M.Steiner

I should still have a spare copy (gift link) of The Whispered World from that Humble Daedalic Bundle I think. Will that no longer work? or will it still be good to give away to someone?

MUnited83

For you.
I should still have a spare copy (gift link) of The Whispered World from that Humble Daedalic Bundle I think. Will that no longer work? or will it still be good to give away to someone?

It will work fine. The only difference its that its the old version, not the new one.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
JaseC, in case you haven't seen this yet:

tumblr_m2qitx6B371rrld4no1_500.gif
Wonder Woman?
More like Wonder Nekomimi.

The Whispered World: Special Edition is now available for $15.99, currently at a discount of 20%.

Notice: All owners of the previous edition will receive an automatic update to the new edition for free from their respective download portals. However, due to the new Visionaire version, old savegames won’t be compatible with the Special Edition.
Good news! Pity I finished the game a couple of months ago.

Scipius

Makes sense, I suppose, considering the game was part of the $1 tier and short of people providing proof of purchase there's no way for Daedalic to ascertain who just paid a buck and who beat the average.

It was part of the lowest price category on Groupees Be Mine 9 as well (that's where I got it). Wonder what's going to happen with those keys then?

MUnited83

For you.
It was part of the lowest price category on Groupees Be Mine 9 as well (that's where I got it). Wonder what's going to happen with those keys then?

Nothing, as Im pretty sure Groupees didnt got their own specific retail key SUB. You will get the special edition if you got it from Groupees, afaik.

M.Steiner

Leftovers I still had from the Humble Daedalic bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A New Beginning Final Cut -- MB-87CE5AAB6F2695A2 - Taken by Pakkidis. 2 entrants total.
Edna & Harvey Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-EF847D8082C3375E - Taken by Sub Zero. 2 entrants total.
The Whispered World -- MB-BAFA3DA0DB30A463 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 7 entrants total.

t1399406002z1.png

I believe I did, you should link me to it so I can refresh my memory.

Sure!

Dark Souls log.

Yesterday it was less of adventuring and more of realization.
I went back into the forest and recovered my souls. While there, I opened a shortcut to the bonfire and killed some forest rangers. Then it clicked me.
When the rangers died, they disappeared in the same way and sounds that my character does. They were not hollows. They were men.
As I saw their bodies turn to mist, I have this grim revelation that I'm not some kind of light paladin trying to cure the Undead curse... I'm a monster. When I die, I'm the only character who doesn't lose his souls... I'm friendly towards a Spider-monster girl, but I slay whoever crosses my path. I'm not a champion trying to restore a world going to ruin. I'm a monster, trying to dominate a world already fallen. I'm a dark soul. I'm the villain of this game, not its hero.

The saga of Dark Souls... is far from over.

Brick

Anybody else notice that today's daily deal, Spacebase DF9, goes on for a week? Is that usual? I thought that kind of thing only happened right before a Steam Sale.

Hesemonni

Banned
I really should try to play the Daedelic games someday. My backlog really wants to have a word with the people screaming gloom and doom of the games industry.

Grief.exe

Sure!

Dark Souls log.

Yesterday it was less of adventuring and more of realization.
I went back into the forest and recovered my souls. While there, I opened a shortcut to the bonfire and killed some forest rangers. Then it clicked me.
When the rangers died, they disappeared in the same way and sounds that my character does. They were not hollows. They were men.
As I saw their bodies turn to mist, I have this grim revelation that I'm not some kind of light paladin trying to cure the Undead curse... I'm a monster. When I die, I'm the only character who doesn't lose his souls... I'm friendly towards a Spider-monster girl, but I slay whoever crosses my path. I'm not a champion trying to restore a world going to ruin. I'm a monster, trying to dominate a world already fallen. I'm a dark soul. I'm the villain of this game, not its hero.

The saga of Dark Souls... is far from over.

That was a very good observation!

Javier23

Banned
I really should try to play the Daedelic games someday. My backlog really wants to have a word with the people screaming gloom and doom of the games industry.
Same here. Haven't had much time to play this last year. Hopefully this summer I can check out some of Daedalic's, see if they are as good as most people claim to be, or if they do so just because of the scarcity of adventure games these days. I sure hope it is the former for then I'm gonna have quite a few good ol' point-and-click adventures waiting to be played, and at the rate Daedalic pushes them out, there will be a couple more out before I'm done with them all.

Knurek

Same here. Haven't had much time to play this last year. Hopefully this summer I can check out some of Daedalic's, see if they are as good as most people claim to be

Most people are actually saying they are terrible.
Good art assets, rest is at best mediocre.

derExperte

Thanks, I meant how to participate to win, not to effer games lol :p

I am giving away x Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Hopefully Enhanced Steam users will exercise a bit of patience with me when this rolls out. Things like account totals, regional price history, and the market transaction summary (for example) will not work with these new currencies until I've implemented them into the code.

nampad

Just finished The Typing of the Dead and I fucking loved it. The trashy presentation is awesome and some of the phrases are hilarious. The gameplay is just stupid fun and the music is great.

Is there anything out there with a similar trashy (maybe even grindhouse) charme? I played EDF and also like it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Leftovers I still had from the Humble Daedalic bundle:

Thanks! My turn now

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Steam Marines (Desura) -- MB-58B42CEE766F5807 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 1 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-8F69917F37DC1519 - Taken by Alien8. 8 entrants total.

t1399407440z1.png

Tellaerin

You Have To Win The Game's surprisingly good. (A little sad at the lack of music, but I've got a playlist of Chipzel tunes bumping away in the background on Spotify now, and the combination's definitely working for me.) When I heard people talking about the game being tough, I was imagining something ridiculous along the lines of I Wanna Be The Guy, but so far YHTWTG hasn't been unfair - it just demands precision, good timing, and a little thought.

You can now get a Steam key for Full Bore from Indie Game Stand, and it's different from the one you get through Desura.

The one on IGS says "Soundtrack Edition" though, but that doesn't seem to exist. But I'm not too good at Steamdb so someoene else should double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom