• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is there something up with Steam's servers? I just had to switch Download Region to another country just so it would actually download something rather than it's constant start/stop behaviour.

Edit: Hello new friend Sky Chief. Best tip you can get for Steam is simply have fun and feel free to ask any questions about any game you might be interested in here in SteamGAF, someone is bound to have played it.

Also buy Super House Of Dead Ninjas. It's great.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This guy over here singing his own praises. Let others take care of that! :p

:)

It's just my default answer to "Hey I'm new to Steam, what should I get?".

Dambrosi

Banned
For anyone who got Sweezy Gunner (likely from WGN), it's finally out and it has cards.
Yeah, about that...
9caHCee.jpg

http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/q0i1V/well-it-was-fun-till-it-lasted-rip-whos-gaming-now-update
Apparently Valve got a complaint, looked at the group, and just didn't like what they saw...

I've said this before, but even though I partook in the scheme myself, I couldn't really condone how they allowed certain devs to "game the system" with Greenlight. Now, though I have two thoughts about it: the first is that "it was about time this happened", and the second is "how am I going to get those Steam keys I voted for now?". So, a combination of selfishness, resignation and hypocrisy in equal measure. *sigh*

Aerocrane

Anyone looking to get back into playing DOOM Franchise, take a look at the Community Thread for mods and other cool stuff. DOOM is the best game for shooting at things until they die.

Yeah, that is the link to your Steam profile. I sent you a friend request and an invite to the NeoGAF Steam group (or at least I think I did unless I misclicked on another group)

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Please tell me what line are they talking about? This is my frist time here trying to win and I never won anything in my life XD

Benedict

Humble Bundle could have mentioned this before I payed for the Sonic collection...

Please Note - The following titles are contained within the SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics title, and will not appear separately in your Steam library: Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Sonic Spinball, Sonic 3D Blast, and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

I already own that Mega Drive collection... thought these would be separate titles...
zWVbK.gif

Javier23

Banned
Humble Bundle could have mentioned this before I payed for the Sonic collection...

I already own that Mega Drive collection... thought these would be separate titles...
zWVbK.gif
That you have the Sega and Megadrive Collection app doesn't necessarily mean that you already had the Sonic titles. It is an app from which you can only access those games that you have already bought, it does not come with the "collection" itself already included.

hohoXD123

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Please tell me what line are they talking about? This is my frist time here trying to win and I never won anything in my life XD
The field above the area where you actually write the PM. Just write anything in there. In the main area where you write the PM, just copy and paste the line which is something like "Name of Game -- MB....."

for everyone new to using depressurizer, share your categories! You may help out a fellow gamer inundated with games.

I usually group by franchise, developer, series, genre, then niche for stuff like shmups, roguelikes, metroidvanias

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For anyone that bought Full Bore from Indiegamestand, Steam keys are now available.

Are these different from the keys issued from Desura (that I got from IndieGameStand)?

EDIT: Looks like it's different, giveaway incoming.

Yeah, about that...
9caHCee.jpg

http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/q0i1V/well-it-was-fun-till-it-lasted-rip-whos-gaming-now-update
Apparently Valve got a complaint, looked at the group, and just didn't like what they saw...

I've said this before, but even though I partook in the scheme myself, I couldn't really condone how they allowed certain devs to "game the system" with Greenlight. Now, though I have two thoughts about it: the first is that "it was about time this happened", and the second is "how am I going to get those Steam keys I voted for now?". So, a combination of selfishness, resignation and hypocrisy in equal measure. *sigh*

Yeah it was discussed earlier this week. From what I can gather it had to do them posting too much and pimping Greenlight games. The guy said he's thinking of making a dedicated site for it instead of using a Steam group, though he isn't too enthusiastic about all that. You'll still get keys as far as I know. I got mine for Sweezy Gunner.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wgnchat#announcements/detail/1785985954591625801

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'll have some impressions of the Outlast Whistleblower DLC (and Outlast I guess as I never talked about my feelings about it here) in a few hours after I complete it.

A bit of shameless advertising, but I'll be doing the whole streaming thing of it starting in 30 minutes (3:15 PM PST/6:15 PM EST) for those who may be interested, but I do plan to sit through and beat the whole thing: http://www.hitbox.tv/AestheticGamer

JakeD

Are these different from the keys issued from Desura (that I got from IndieGameStand)?

EDIT: Looks like it's different, giveaway incoming.

i wanna give mine away but im going to hold off on the small chance they realize what happened and revoke the desura distributed keys. they essentially gave everyone who bothered to redeem the game on desura 2 steam keys. and most of those people probably only paid $1, haha

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Always good to have more people as part of the Steam Group. Remember to stop by the Steam Chat for it, we could use more activity sometimes.

Javier23

Banned
You got it!

I've played some Project Zomboid and it is pretty rought at this point, but it's fun in co-op. With it's current purely survival gameplay I can see it getting boring quite quickly though, especially with how many zombie games there are already.
Thanks!

Project Zomboid is looking great, but I'm holding off on it until the meta-game thingy with the NPCs gets in, which should go lengths in diferentiating the game from the rest of the horde of zombie games.

Copons

Always good to have more people as part of the Steam Group. Remember to stop by the Steam Chat for it, we could use more activity sometimes.

Yeah that chat is demoralizing. You can see people acutally playing games like it was some kind of Xbox Live situation. :(

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Ok, this is interesting.
If I go to the WH40k DoW Soulstorm store page it says I already own it, but the game is not on my library I have not bought it already either. Am I the only one getting this?
Going to try clicking "Play Now" for shits and giggles.

I just found out I had an unclaimed spare of Zeno Clash :)

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash -- MB-8571E1FBD941C9EA - Taken by pupo. 2 entrants total.

t1399414773z1.png

HoosTrax

I knew we would see Freespace on Steam at some point, after the Descent games got spruced up and put up on the store. Freespace 2 is sort of an open source game though, on the other hand, right?

Ended up purchasing The Sonic bundle even though I own a few of those. Would have loved to giveaway the games I already owned. Will be awesome to replay Sonic Generations on PC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I own whispered world special edition. I thought someone said the other day daedalic were being greedy bastards and making owners of th old version buy it again?

also it has cards now

Acccent

Well I'm trying to register a giveaway w/ ModBot but it doesn't seem to work. No idea why it fails.
I'm pretty sure it was all used keys anyway, except for one Super Hexagon gift page, but still, it's weird. Stump, if you read this, can you have a look please?

Kind of a let down after 13, but still good if you don't own that.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

NBA 2k14 -- MB-51955EA5E7F931B5 - Taken by Kifimbo. 12 entrants total.

t1399416575z1.png

Sorry didn't mean to make a raffle :|

Kiru

so I own whispered world special edition. I thought someone said the other day daedalic were being greedy bastards and making owners of th old version buy it again?

also it has cards now
They only made it free because of all the complaints. It was planned to make us pay $5 to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom