• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Just found the
Springheel Boots
in You Have To Win the Game.

This changes everything.

Edit: Oh shit,
Spider Gloves
, too? I was not expecting
powerups like a double jump or wall jump
in this game. Very cool. :D

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Great to finally get Full Bore on Steam off IndieGameStand. Though it only gives me an expired Desura Key sadly. Yeah I know I have it on Steam now and the DRM free download saved to a hard drive, but I like redundancy.

Oh well, still a great game and I look forward to finishing it for a second time.

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rochard -- MB-A3A7A198BF29434A - Taken by Saty. 6 entrants total.
EvilQuest -- MB-DD051B6A58E92C25 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Red Orchestra 2 GOTY -- MB-C437524576D1A800 - Taken by Sky Chief. 4 entrants total.
Jolly Rover -- MB-7CE0B696B76D8843 - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.
BlackSoul Extended Edition -- MB-512DDECD5BF62118 - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.
Trine -- MB-98776E87EC1AB93D - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 3 entrants total.

t1399419551z1.png

Just found the
Springheel Boots
in You Have To Win the Game.

This changes everything.

Edit: Oh shit,
Spider Gloves
, too? I was not expecting
powerups like a double jump or wall jump
in this game. Very cool. :D

I still haven't worked out where I am supposed to go, I just go around randomly, all I can say is that it is quite challenging from the start.

Hey guys, I just built a new gaming PC and am loving it so far. Any pro tips for someone relatively new to Steam?

Along with Steam deals - daily, weeklong, midweek, weekend - I would recommend you to check out Humblebundle, Bundlestars, Indiegala etc., that would make a good starting point to build up a decent games library for cheap.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey guys, I just built a new gaming PC and am loving it so far. Any pro tips for someone relatively new to Steam?

Be sure to pick up Enhanced Steam. It adds a ton of features to Steam, including showing the lowest prices for games.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, cool thanks. What about organizing my library and such?

Organizing it by genre is one way. Another way is to categorize games by whether or not you want to play them.

Pro tip for browser Steam, get the Enhanced Steam extension. I see Jshackles already beat me to mentioning it :p

More tips:

ModBot Guide is your friend for SteamGaf.

Indie Gala, Humble Bundle, and Groupees, among others in the OP, sell good bundles.

GMG + Playfire= free money for games.

The PC Gaming Thread is a good way to find more PC related threads.

Grief.exe

Nice, just installed!

Two more questions:

What is a good, pretty game on sale right now that I can use to show off my new PC?

What is the best way to make friends on Steam?

I would say look into The Forest and Watch Dogs. These titles aren't on sale, but they should both show off the fidelity of the PC platform and your new TV.

GAF is the best way to make friends on Steam.

DocSeuss

At some point, I feel like I should write up a "how to computer" guide that's basically "look, don't play valve or blizzard games, since you'll never play anything else, don't get caught modding skyrim and forgetting to play, greenmangaming is your friend, and jshackles is the most important person Valve has right now--they just don't know it yet."

Vuze

Reminder, 30mins left

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham Origins -- MB-D2CD5DF932B86C7D - Taken by Mugatu. 63 entrants total.

t1399412250z1.png

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Releases May 21st. $19.99 or $29.98 for the game + OST bundle.
Yay! Bought the bundle.

I actually kind of like this - although my dreams of someday having every game thanks to Sub 61 are kinda dashed. Here's hoping that there will be a way for me to "buy" Top Gun when I work at Valve.

Also, Jeep is a really cool guy.
He is. I played Office in CS:GO with him once, and he not only used his mic, but was a really nice guy.

Interesting Thief 3 mod being mentioned on RPS

I recall people mainly griping about smallish maps when compared to the previous games - does this fix this issue?
Ooh, this is cool. I'll have to use some of these for my next DS playthrough. Thanks for the info.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
At some point, I feel like I should write up a "how to computer" guide that's basically "look, don't play valve or blizzard games, since you'll never play anything else, don't get caught modding skyrim and forgetting to play, greenmangaming is your friend, and jshackles is the most important person Valve has right now--they just don't know it yet."

tumblr_ly3vmswXAz1r3zat8.gif

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom