• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for Trine!

Anyone who bought the sonic collection is it all 1 item in your steam library or is it each individual game a seperate icon / info / launcher. I have generations and Sonic adventure but I figure I may buy for kart racing + steam count

These are separated. The rest are combined into the SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics item in your library.

010iIeG.jpg

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aura Fate of the Ages -- MB-1817D647B53503ED - Taken by Javier23

I really want to play full bore but IT HAS to be in the next playfire set, I mean they have games that aren't even released yet in the current group so...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
But for 1$, it's an amazing game =)

I don't know if I would come close to calling it amazing, but at least it has cards that will bring that $1 down to $.70 or so, if I'm lucky. Playfire will bring that number down to $.50 maybe. Plus Newgrounds games are free.

I wouldn't go that far! Doesn't Castle Crashers started as Newgrounds flash game?! (><)

but ya, it's not as good as I expected it to be

Honestly, I wasn't really expecting a whole lot since I looked into the game a bit, along with other Winter Wolves games like Always Remember Me. Somehow it's still worse than I hoped it would be. So it's more of a numb feeling I'm left with rather than a disgusted feeling. I didn't go in expecting a masterpiece, but I don't know what to feel. I kind of want to go for the £.50 reward, but I'll put that off for a while.

Acccent

There isn't, but I see that your giveaways failed. It shows up in the log as being a new giveaway, and then there's immediately an error.

Can you try resubmitting with the subject "register test" and the same body? I submitted your exact keys to ModBot and it worked for me, minus an error that someone else (IE you) had submitted them. Do you have any weird unicode characters in your username or your PM title or anything or weird character encoding in your browser? Let me know.

I didn't do anything differently than in previous giveaways... used only 'register' as the title, and my username's just 'Accent' :s

Resubmitted them as requested anyway!

edit: huh, it worked. How weird.

oipic

Hopefully someone pools together a guide on how to knock out the Planet cheevos quickly.

There's a strategy guide in the game's main folder that appears to provide tips as to how to improve/maximise your 'relations' with each character, which looks to be the key to unlocking the achievements. Admittedly, I've only given it a cursory glance myself.

Acccent

So, yeah, some keys that were still in my possession for some reason. All of them might be used already, sorry about that... except the Super Hexagon one which I'm pretty sure is brand new. Enjoy.
yeah, not time for challenges/riddles/contests right now :(

ModBot said:
PM to ModBot

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lone Survivor DC -- MB-6B87251F6F661E7D - Taken by almostheathen
Super Hexagon -- MB-BF461DA7D651610B - Taken by BernardoOne
Kentucky Route Zero -- MB-E53B133CFB5994B9 - Taken by Nabs
Gunpoint SE -- MB-B8A3978DB056AB40 - Taken by Sub Zero
Proteus -- MB-538770C0696DD097 - Taken by Javier23
FTL -- MB-79718A845AFF5325 - Taken by Henry Swanson - Taken by Henry Swanson

Nabs

So, yeah, some keys that were still in my possession for some reason. All of them might be used already, sorry about that... except the Super Hexagon one which I'm pretty sure is brand new. Enjoy.

Man, I saw KR0 while I was typing a reply and fumbled around to open up that PM. Thanks. It's a dupe code, but I still won the giveaway, so I feel I got something from that anyway.

I got a foil from the SE Whispered World. Of course the thing is down to a buck 40 already. Oh well. I hate foils.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Got a dupe code too, but thanks anyway :)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
There's a strategy guide in the game's main folder that appears to provide tips as to how to improve/maximise your 'relations' with each character, which looks to be the key to unlocking the achievements. Admittedly, I've only given it a cursory glance myself.

It's 59 pages long. How is a strategy guide for this game 59 pages long?

Acccent

ugh. Well at least now I know that I don't have any unclaimed keys. sorry again everyone I'll try to do a proper giveaway soon!

MUnited83

For you.

Thank you!

Javier23

Banned
Took Proteus, I will try the key tomorrow!

What is spiral knights and why do I have it for free in my library?
You just got Sonic CD'd. Spiral Knights is a F2P MMO, the reason it popped up on your game list is because Sonic CD gives you some promo items in that game which register as DLC, tagging it to your game list as a result.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Tellaerin

I noticed something odd when looking at my played games on Playfire. Every time I've added a game to my Steam account via code, it shows up in the list as "Last played: (whenever I registered the game)." I really hope that doesn't mean adding a game like that is treated as your first time playing for purposes of Playfire rewards, because that would seriously suck. : /

jediyoshi

It looks like Battleblock Theater will be playable tomorrow (May 7th) for those with it already.

Interesting. A patch came out a few hours ago that seems like it reverted performance to pre-performance patch. I'm sure it'll be cleaned up by the actual release tomorrow.

Nabs

I noticed something odd when looking at my played games on Playfire. Every time I've added a game to my Steam account via code, it shows up in the list as "Last played: (whenever I registered the game)." I really hope that doesn't mean adding a game like that is treated as your first time playing for purposes of Playfire rewards, because that would seriously suck. : /

I don't think that counts towards it. I think the only thing that matters is the stuff that appears under your recent game activity.

That's really weird. I don't have that happening at all.
Does it have anything regarding the TIME you've played? That's what really triggers the scrubber for Playfire, I believe.

Interesting. A patch came out a few hours ago that seems like it reverted performance to pre-performance patch. I'm sure it'll be cleaned up by the actual release tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure The Behemoth said to UNINSTALL the beta awhile ago...
Someone's living on the edge.

DocSeuss

Hm. That's odd. Steam told me I'd gotten two cards. I went to the market to check prices to sell 'em, went back to inventory, nowhere to be found, but Steam insists I have 'em.

Jshackles, I'm getting RIDICULOUS lag/crashing on Chrome when trying to view my wishlist and reorganize it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Subject 9 is now available for $7.99 on Steam. It was in Indie Royale's Debut 6 Bundle, so keys are probably coming.

About the Game

Subject 9 is a unique game that challenges players to fight to survive, using the environment to help aid the cause, and elemental powers to lay waste to anyone who stands in the way. Set in the future, the game is about a human weapon, Subject 9; is granted super human powers by a corrupted company that's attempting to contain him as he escapes for freedom.

This isn't your traditional shooter because it mixes unique offensive and defense mechanics integrated into the game resulting in a smooth, fast paced adrenaline pumping action and fluid gameplay. The game is closely considered as an isometric tactical shooter packed with fun mechanics and fast action.

A New Reckoning is now available for $12.89, a discount of 14% that lasts until the 14th. You should download the manual if you buy it, since it will explain that you need another app to play the game. Also, it comes with cards.

About the Game

IMPORTANT PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE MANUAL. IT WILL EXPLAIN THE ADDITIONAL APPLICATION THAT NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED AND HOW TO PLAY THE GAME. THE WHOLE SET UP TAKES LESS THAN A MINUTE

A New Reckoning is an Action-Horror FPS using the Unreal 4 Engine to deliver a true Next-Gen Zombie Experience! Play with Innovative Mechanics such as Blood Projections to Psychically decimate foes with powers such as Telekinesis and Blender. Be warned for it's cost for health can lead you to a quicker death! Take dismembered zombified limbs to modify your Guns and Melee Weapons, adding another element to item customization! Featuring an Original Story, A New Reckoning will distinguish itself from the traditional Zombie Stories and their mythos.

Mark Faraoh, an amnesiac prisoner, awakens as zombie manifestations break into his cell to devour him. After butchering them, Mark is eerily guided out of the prison by a glowing mist believing the two are kin. Escaping the prison reveals a fate worse than solitary confinement as the land is devoid of human life while the never-ending undead mercilessly consume everything in their place. Unsure if this is a Hellish Reality or a Horrific Nightmare, Mark is forced to seek answers that will stretch from the cells of death to the stars (that are views unto themselves) as the world's stage of life rots anew.

Notice regarding the mess that is A New Reckoning's store page:

Not only is the A New Reckoning store page filled with all-caps notes, and talking about how it is actually an early access game and the Steam stuff is messed up, but it is also flagged as including the Source SDK when it is a Unreal Engine 4 game.
ALSO PLEASE NOTE THIS IS EARLY ACCESS WE DO APOLOGIZE FOR THIS INCONVIENCE AND HAVE CONTACTED STEAM TO LET THEM KNOW THAT THERE SEEMS TO BE AN ISSUE WITH PEOPLE THINKING IT IS A FULL GAME.

There are also two new Strategy First published games out.

Caerith

Kingdoms of Amalur just reminded me why I hate random loot games. I was backtracking a bit, collecting any lorestones I'd missed, and near the very first town I see a secret door with a treasure chest behind it. This chest is protected by a ward and it's also locked, which I've never seen before-- all the chests I've seen have either a ward or a lock (or no protection at all).

This is clearly a secret, meant only for high-level characters to discover (if they discover it at all). You won't even know it's there without several points in Detect Hidden, and then opening it requires several points in both Dispelling and Lockpicking, because both ward and lock are ranked Hard (and the ward is cursed, too). If this was a Zelda game, this would be where you'd find the giant sword or something. Instead, because the chest gave random loot that was level-scaled to the surrounding area, I got some crappy gloves and a potion.

A few minutes later, some unique accessories dropped off a boggart or something.

Still better than Darksiders 2.

Miguel81

There's absolutely no controller support for Beyond Good & Evil? I've been thinking of sticking to my Gamecube copy, but the higher resolution is enticing.

rookiejet

that feeling when i've beaten every area i could in dark souls 2 and all there's left is going through the spiderweb room in spidercove

and my brother is not around for moral support

fml

Play some music. Jazz and swing in particular juxtapose well. Monsters don't look very serious when they are dancing to Benny Goodman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom