• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a huge problem.

Do I wait for Transistor to come out on Linux? Do I buy it on the PS4 in the meantime? Do I just buy Transistor from at every possible avenue?

hah, I noticed the playfire page changed the "Visit GreenmanGaming" button under your balance to read "Spend It"

i guess there are a lot of hoarders ^_^

Knurek

I've got a huge problem.

Do I wait for Transistor to come out on Linux? Do I buy it on the PS4 in the meantime? Do I just buy Transistor from at every possible avenue?

Tumblr_inline_mm163uHay91qz4rgp.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I agree.

As someone said, Bad Rats is the STD of Steam GAF, have too many friends and sooner or later someone will give it to you.
I wouldn't call such person "friend". Fortunately I haven't had the need to disown any of my Steam friends yet, and it better stay that way.

Zafir

Only just noticed. The 2/4 packs now give the Special Edition for Tropico 5. Seems like they've made a new sub. :/ Bit rubbish for people who already got it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just updated Enhanced Steam for Mozilla Firefox to version 6.1. Changes include:

• Added a "Popular" tab on the homepage to browse the most-played games on Steam
  • Store pages now display a full size background
  • Added back links in the header (Forums, Games, Reviews)
  • Selecting booster packs in your inventory now shows the average price of three cards for that game
  • Added option to only search within product names
  • Added inventory marketplace support for Battleblock Theater items
  • Added a loading dialog to custom profile background selection
  • Fixed a bug that caused price comparison overlays to be partially hidden in some circumstances
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused purchase date to be incorrect after buying the game as a gift
  • Fixed a bug which would cause CS:GO items not to get market data in non-English languages
If you have Enhanced Steam 6.0.1 or higher, this should update automatically the next time you restart Firefox. If you're still using the version of the plugin from the Mozilla site, you'll need to upgrade by following these instructions.

On a personal note, it's nice that I'm able to provide this update to Enhanced Steam's users so quickly after the 6.1 update on Google Chrome. As you can see from the above list of changes, it's almost identical to the changes made in 6.1 for Chrome. I hope that I'll be able to continue providing these updates for Firefox as rapidly in the future.

As always, let me know if you run into any problems with the update process or with the new version!

Bah. I'm trying to email myself some Steam gifts so I can give them away on here and I've only received half of the emails. The other half don't want to work for whatever reason.

Arthea

I added sky chief to my fl too, wanna see him going down that slippery part we all went
you all know what I mean (><)

so what about that sonic bundle, I bought it and only half of games appeared in my library. What does it mean? The list was wrong?

on the side note, played Planet Stronghold for 3 hours or so. At first I thought it's Mass Effect done right, but I was wrong. Combat is really slow, and not because it's turn based, it's just slow. VN part wasn't great so far, even ME was better VN in that regard. Then again because everything progresses so slowly, despite my playing around 3 hours it feels that I barely started. I'm not impressed with this game so far and I want to be, what's even worse (._.)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Only just noticed. The 2/4 packs now give the Special Edition for Tropico 5. Seems like they've made a new sub. :/ Bit rubbish for people who already got it.

Yeah, Kalypso dropped the ball hard with the Tropico 5 preorders. Only good thing I got out of it is that I bought it for 10 bucks from a russian trader

Arthea

I've got a huge problem.

at the end, if it'll turn as good as we expect, of course we'll buy it on everything it can be played and some on devices no games can be played, as usual.

Yeah, Kalypso dropped the ball hard with the Tropico 5 preorders. Only good thing I got out of it is that I bought it for 10 bucks from a russian trader

wait... are you saying that preoder was only $10 on RU side of steam and I somehow missed it?
oh horror

Ruruja

on the side note, played Planet Stronghold for 3 hours or so. At first I thought it's Mass Effect done right, but I was wrong. Combat is really slow, and not because it's turn based, it's just slow. VN part wasn't great so far, even ME was better VN in that regard. Then again because everything progresses so slowly, despite my playing around 3 hours it feels that I barely started. I'm not impressed with this game so far and I want to be, what's even worse (._.)

I was waiting to see if you'd get any of the achievements for the Playfire Rewards. After 3 hours you have 0, so I'll probably forget about getting them.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know if this has been posted (did a Google search, since NeoGAF search is useless), but Descent: Freespace: The Great War comes out tomorrow: http://store.steampowered.com/app/273600/
I have a friend who's a BIG fan of these games, and always insisted that I should play them. Looks like I will have no choice but to get it on a future sale.

The funny thing is he offered to lend me his GOG account to download them (he bought them there), but I refused. And now I'll probably be buying this myself (in my defense, GOG doesn't provide me with a +1 to my Steam games count).

so what about that sonic bundle, I bought it and only half of games appeared in my library. What does it mean? The list was wrong?
If you're talking about the Genesis games, they are inside an app called Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Collection or something like that, which is nothing more than an emulator.

For anyone that bought Full Bore from Indiegamestand, Steam keys are now available.

Thank you for the heads up! I've redeemed mine and will try to play a bit before work in the morning.

Yeah i see the same thing.
This is also happening with Empire: Total War

I have the same issue with Full Spectrum Warrior. I wouldn't mind getting FSW and the expansion pack for free but whenever I try to play it, nothing happens.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
For those like me who got expired Desura keys off IndieGameStand for Full Bore, you can send an email to them (as found on their website) to request a new one.

Arthea

I was waiting to see if you'd get any of the achievements for the Playfire Rewards. After 3 hours you have 0, so I'll probably forget about getting them.

I think most if not all achievements in there are end game achievements, I'm not sure, but it seems so, as getting on the good side of one character gets you hated by others, so probably you need many walkthroughs to get them all, and I don't see myself playing this game many times.

If you're talking about the Genesis games, they are inside an app called Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Collection or something like that, which is nothing more than an emulator.

thanks
and were do I find it?

Arthea

It's in your library. It's called SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics. Took me a minute to find it myself.

That's good way to hide them between 400 or so still unsorted games (><)
thanks! I would have never found it for myself, not this year for sure.

I think that's why they give you so many save slots in VNs :p

definitely, I still forget to save unless stopping to play, so it doesn't help me at all!

Ruruja

I think most if not all achievements in there are end game achievements, I'm not sure, but it seems so, as getting on the good side of one character gets you hated by others, so probably you need many walkthroughs to get them all, and I don't see myself playing this game many times.

I think that's why they give you so many save slots in VNs :p

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
wait... are you saying that preoder was only $10 on RU side of steam and I somehow missed it?
oh horror

Yeah, $10-12 on average. Now they applied region locks to the RU version so it's no longer possible to get it for cheap

zkylon

zkylewd
that feeling when i've beaten every area i could in dark souls 2 and all there's left is going through the spiderweb room in spidercove

and my brother is not around for moral support

fml

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
and....steam is down.

Valve needs to hire a good network architect
who can also work on the Steam website and client
because this is honestly embarrassing for them.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
is there an issue with modbot presently?

There isn't, but I see that your giveaways failed. It shows up in the log as being a new giveaway, and then there's immediately an error.

Can you try resubmitting with the subject "register test" and the same body? I submitted your exact keys to ModBot and it worked for me, minus an error that someone else (IE you) had submitted them. Do you have any weird unicode characters in your username or your PM title or anything or weird character encoding in your browser? Let me know.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Planet Stronghold feels like a Newgrounds flash game. I'm really glad it was part of a bundle; if I had spent as much money as it's being sold for on Steam, I'd probably be really disappointed in myself for buying it.

Tizoc

Ugh I hate dieing in Gunhound EX...especially when I forget that it I don't continue after losing at a boss I gotta restart the stage from the beginning =_=
FUCK YOU STAGE FIVE!

Anyone who bought the sonic collection is it all 1 item in your steam library or is it each individual game a seperate icon / info / launcher. I have generations and Sonic adventure but I figure I may buy for kart racing + steam count

Arthea

Well, Planet Stronghold feels like a Newgrounds flash game. I'm really glad it was part of a bundle; if I had spent as much money as it's being sold for on Steam, I'd probably be really disappointed in myself for buying it.

I wouldn't go that far! Doesn't Castle Crashers started as Newgrounds flash game?! (><)

but ya, it's not as good as I expected it to be

Anyone who bought the sonic collection is it all 1 item in your steam library or is it each individual game a seperate icon / info / launcher. I have generations and Sonic adventure but I figure I may buy for kart racing + steam count

half of games are separate games, other half is some one app called SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics for some weird reason.

It is actually Tuesday this time to be fair.

It's definitely not Tuesday at my place anymore
sorry to disappoint you, really I am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom