• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Visuals matter zero to me so that part is fine, actually the outdated visuals in the gameplay I've seen sort of add to the creepy factor even more.

See if he has anything to say about the length of the game if he keeps progressing through it.

I'll ask him, I asked for no spoilers though, but I'll ask for length though he makes it sound like he hasn't completed it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just finished Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 2.

That ending - so good.

Makes me want to play Bioshock 1 again. I wish they had patched in the achievements from the Xbox 360 version.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not Dark Souls 2 style though, sucks to farm a random drop from an enemy only to have their spawn expire before you get it.
bonfire ascetic that shit, bro

Random loot when done well is awesome. (Phantasy Star Online/Universe/Portable say hello.) The problem is that it's not done well most of the time. There needs to be some structure to it, for one thing - you need tiered drop tables to ensure that what drops off of bosses/high-level chests is going to be a cut above what drops off of random popcorn mobs, as a bare minimum.
i think diablo prolly works like that too

i just hate grinding no matter the game

I'm not entirely sure why I chose this game to give away, but here's a game that may or may not be okay.
boobs almost baited me but a platformer?

nahhh

zkylon

zkylewd
Aren't those permanent in that they carry over into NG+ onward and stack on top? It would be annoying to have to do that solely because RNG wasn't favouring me.

yea but at least from the first dark souls difference between ng+ and ng++ isn't too big so aside from the first use it shouldn't be not so bad

but yea it's pretty annoying i agree

not really the limited spawn but the random loot

Aren't those permanent in that they carry over into NG+ onward and stack on top? It would be annoying to have to do that solely because RNG wasn't favouring me.

The real dark souls 2 begins here.
And make sure you stack all your "increase drops" equipment that you can and jack some rusty coins on that too.

My bonfire in Majula is already at 7 or something because I needed somewhere to get human effigies from and the best strategy I could find was to do that so the skeleton in the basement would exponentially multiply. Taking on a hoard of 7 of those is pretty exhilarating.

I think I also jacked up the bonfire levels of all of the Greater Soul bosses as well as a few other random areas.

And this is all prior to NG+. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
The real dark souls 2 begins here.
And make sure you stack all your "increase drops" equipment that you can and jack some rusty coins on that too.

My bonfire in Majula is already at 7 or something because I needed somewhere to get human effigies from and the best strategy I could find was to do that so the skeleton in the basement would exponentially multiply. Taking on a hoard of 7 of those is pretty exhilarating.

I think I also jacked up the bonfire levels of all of the Greater Soul bosses as well as a few other random areas.

And this is all prior to NG+. :)

you're insane

you're insane

What can I say, I didn't want to wait until I did NG+ to get some of the rarer souls for spells -- I'm now only missing the 3 miracle/pyromancy that are tied to the red and blue covenants and the one miracle I got screwed out of because of double KO.

Plus, now I can get extra souls to make some of the special equipment on my 2nd playthrough instead of needing to wait until 3rd or higher. :p

I ran through so many effigies trying to get Benhart to survive the Giant Lord (I eventually went back to your favorite area (Brightstone cove) and ended up using ascetics on first fire there too... add to that the countless effigies wasted on leveling up my Pilgrims of the Dark to level 3 devotion and I really was at a loss for getting more effigies. That was the simplest solution. :)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
btw there was a thread in OT called 6:20 in the morning or something. Don't click on it.

I remember that thread.

It was terrifying. It's called GAF its 6:20 in the morning (PST)..., started out okay, and then bam spider gif.

The only information I could find about playing Sonic Generations in windowed mode that would be of any help were these two threads, which Yakkue referenced. No idea if either method works since I don't own the game, but I hope it helps.

I remember that thread.

It was terrifying. It's called GAF its 6:20 in the morning (PST)..., started out okay, and then bam spider gif.

The only information I could find about playing Sonic Generations in windowed mode, all I could find that would be of any help were these two threads, which Yakkue referenced. No idea if either method works since I don't own the game, but I hope it helps.

Couldn't find anything in the options. Even adding "-windowed" didn't work. Supposedly, using a program called "DxWnd" can force it into windowed mode, but I haven't tried it.
The first option didn't seem to work, but DxWnd did the trick. Thanks!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Now to secretly hope that because Valkyria Chronicles 1, 2, and 3 are releasing on the PS4, they come to Steam.

-breathes heavily-

Miker

Now to secretly hope that because Valkyria Chronicles 1, 2, and 3 are releasing on the PS4, they come to Steam.

-breathes heavily-

As much as I'd love for that to happen, I think we both know there's not a chance in hell they're even coming to the West, much less to Steam.

:(

Anteater

this-cannot-be-realqtysr.gif

Vibranium

Banned
So, with the news that Valve is rolling out new currencies on May 12th, I "wonder" whether or not one of them is the Canadian dollar. I mean, I don't wonder since the Steam dev days slides made it clear they were rolling out the Canadian dollar, but I guess officially I "wonder". It's probably worth going and buy $100 or so of Steam cards in advance since Canadian Steam gift cards redeem at currency parity with the US (allowing Canadians to beat the system by around ~10%) AND Canadian purchases aren't charged tax right now.

When they introduced new currencies in the past, did they convert your cash balance to your newly supported currency, or did you have to spend your balance in USD first?

Hoping to game the system here.

I didn't have a single crash playing the DX9 version

Ah dammit, I was hoping Valve would cut Canadians some slack, damn our dollar, I want the year to be over with so it can start rebounding again. Can't they leave us in peace?! ;_;

Guess I will use the Wallet cards and also give GMG my money...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Here are a few recently-unlocked spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gentlemen! -- MB-55C67B8FC02BA941 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-4F192F85B7D7D1AF - Taken by FauX
Naval Warfare -- MB-AB2445821FBF4782 - Taken by PossumMeat
Kyntt Underground #2 -- MB-6BA3364B9F7D95A8 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Gentlemen! #2 -- MB-951ED58B2A6F53BE - Taken by $h@d0w
Kyntt Underground -- MB-5D5EDD8129CD20EC - Taken by Im a Manatee

Uraizen

Banned
Stupid question probably, but how do I view the weeklong deals easily? Going through the specials tab is really unintuitive.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
They were all busy playing Octodad, the most heart warming father simulator on Steam, to do any more sales this day.

Arthea

Honestly, I wasn't really expecting a whole lot since I looked into the game a bit, along with other Winter Wolves games like Always Remember Me. Somehow it's still worse than I hoped it would be. So it's more of a numb feeling I'm left with rather than a disgusted feeling. I didn't go in expecting a masterpiece, but I don't know what to feel. I kind of want to go for the £.50 reward, but I'll put that off for a while.

don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting masterpiece, I just thought that sci-fi VN and RPG mix can be interesting and enjoyable to play, like I said more fun ME (><)
no such luck, unfortunately

-breathes heavily-

*heavy sigh*
you know it won't, why you do this to us and yourself (._.)

/\
Oh come on! Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest is coming. They are bringing an old SRPG eroge on PC to PS3 (minus the eroge) in US/EU and not announce (yet!) an English version for Steam!?

Knurek

(Valkyria Chronicles) *heavy sigh*
you know it won't, why you do this to us and yourself (._.)\

I don't really see much reason for Sega *not* to release the game on Steam. They will have a x86 port done with the PS4 thingy, and as long it wasn't made with help of Sony, there's really no sense in not gaining additional Steam sales, say, 6 months from PS4 release.
They know strategy games sell on PC - Company of Heroes and Total War are both bringing them mad dough.

Arthea

I don't really see much reason for Sega *not* to release the game on Steam. They will have a x86 port done with the PS4 thingy, and as long it wasn't made with help of Sony, there's really no sense in not gaining additional Steam sales, say, 6 months from PS4 release.
They know strategy games sell on PC - Company of Heroes and Total War are both bringing them mad dough.

I see very little reason in most things Japanese publishers do and even less in what Sega do *shrugs*
but traditionally, let's hope you are right and I am wrong.
Talking about Japanese games, still no Trails in sight, nor first chapter neither second.

edited: I see no flash sale on Humble. What was on flash after AO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom