• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
FarSky and Race the Sun worth a buck? they both have good reviews on steam

Race the Sun is like if you took SNES era Star Fox, made it have a good framerate, and strapped a few dozen more engines onto the back of the arwing.

...and then got rid of everything that wasn't random blocky buildings.

It's pretty great!

GaussTek

New cosmetic (inspired by sailor moon/madoka) skin for Lux, a League of Legends champion.

League of Project: Zkylwed of Legend

LoL thanks :p

FF XV pffft, the real deal is FF XVI

witch_chapter_0_cry_0nauot.jpg

:D

KingKong

Race the Sun is awesome.

It will be free on PS+ in May though.

Race the Sun is like if you took SNES era Star Fox, made it have a good framerate, and strapped a few dozen more engines onto the back of the arwing.

...and then got rid of everything that wasn't random blocky buildings.

It's pretty great!

cool, FarSky looks kind of funny too. Nice shark. something to play until the Wolfenstein expansion comes out

anytime i go into a Star Wars thread in OT and see a bunch of folks say that they've only seen the Prequels and that they grew up on them, saw the first one when they were 8 and shit...all i can think of is "you had really bad parents." My kids won't know about episodes i-iii, it'll be this weird thing that they discover through their school mates, like how they'll learn about drugs and pogs and stuff.

I disagree. I don't see how those who really wanted to play Bayo 1 by now havent done so already on the +100 million machines the game is available on. That Sega will make some money from Bayo fans and a few curious folks is not doubtful at all, just that the idea that Bayo 2 greatly benefits from a Bayo 1 PC port seems idealistic at its best.

More likely the press/release of Bayo 2 makes more people want to check out Bayo 1 if they'd previously skipped it. Add in that both of the console versions run like dumpster fires... if it comes to PC, I'll wish I'd never played them because then I could just know Bayo at a solid framerate with no fucking tearing.

Finally finished encoding some webms in my native resolution and high bitrate. Game looks really nice.

For someone who claims their DS characters are equipped purely on "style"... I have to say, I'm not feelin' your style. :p

yo, that kirby triple thing threat stuff is actually good? seemed like another kirby experiment game, which is pretty much all they do with the guy.

Nintendo? Wrong thread, mate.

Playing 2D platformers with a 360 controller? Gross.

Indeed. Playing anything with a 360 controller is kind of gross... and Salsa's there looks like it has tumors and pustules growing out of it.

Already have Race the Sun (plus geting it again on PS+) and I want FarSky..only a dollar.

But I don't want that MOBA game Arena Cyber Evolution to pollute my HB account.

What to doooooo lol

If you are serious, seek professional help.

Ruruja

anytime i go into a Star Wars thread in OT and see a bunch of folks say that they've only seen the Prequels and that they grew up on them, saw the first one when they were 8 and shit...all i can think of is "you had really bad parents." My kids won't know about episodes i-iii, it'll be this weird thing that they discover through their school mates, like how they'll learn about drugs and pogs and stuff.

Yeah that's weird. I was 11 when Phantom Menace came out and had already seen the original trilogy loads of times.

Should I have kids, their exposure to Star Wars will be limited to Episode V... and potentially VI, if VII ends up being worth half a damn.

zkylon

zkylewd
-___-

lol, where's that from?
league of legends :>

New cosmetic (inspired by sailor moon/madoka) skin for Lux, a League of Legends champion.
and pretty cure!

League of Project: Zkylwed of Legend
THATS NOT THE NAME WE AGREED ON

Just finished Valiant Hearts and I'm crying like a crybaby.
Fairly good game, great and powerful story.
i'd say terrible game but the story's pretty touching

unfortunately the big bad german guy kind of ruins everything but i can forgive that cos yea, the feels ;_;

Copons

i'd say terrible game but the story's pretty touching

unfortunately the big bad german guy kind of ruins everything but i can forgive that cos yea, the feels ;_;

Sometimes it seemed they could have dropped some superfluous puzzles, but all in all they were so easy and straightforward that I didn't mind them.
What I minded was the collectibles that basically forced me to spam the A button all the time, killing the suspension of disbelief.

But who cares, dem feels >>>>> every possible shortcoming of the game.

Just finished Valiant Hearts and I'm crying like a crybaby.
Fairly good game, great and powerful story.

It was on my original GOTY list for 2014, but then i played Shovel Knight and that game just barely edged it out.

I didn't care for some of the puzzle-y stuff but, man, i'm with you, that ending definitely is a bittersweet moment. Any game that can make me feel, well, anything is well worth playing through.

if i had kids, i would get them to watch the first episode (best to get that crap movie out of the way early), episode 3, then the original trilogy, then ep7

Dsyndrome

I'm going to be laughing when Episode VII is all about trade negotiations. Should make for an interesting Lego game, I'm sure.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-CCF76938A12217C9 - Taken by Se7enSword
A-train 8 -- MB-01D1268BBFD10586 - Taken by BernardoOne
Survivor Squad -- MB-D132A17A6B089B4B - Taken by bluechox2
Bioshock 1 -- MB-CBE30794A7DFE8A3 - Taken by 7Sins

the phantom menace is leagues better than attack of the clones.. y'all are nuts

the action in AOTC is at least competent. TPM's biggest crime, above all of the many that it has, is that it's boring as shit.

I don't like any of the 3 movies, but im much more willing to watch II and III because at least they're as entertaining as they are insipid.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If, by the time you have kids, the worst thing you've encountered in life that you want to shield them from are crappy movies I think you're doing pretty good.

A while back grandfather passed away, and it really hit me hard. A few months ago my aunt found what was basically his memoirs of his early childhood and decided to publish them. Reading about how my grandfather survived as a child in the great depression era has really put things in perspective for me - but these were things I had no idea about because he never once talked to me about what it was really like then unless he was using vague overtones. So again, if the worst you have to hide from your kids is the fact that the prequel trilogy exists, count yourself lucky.

Both my kids were born around the time Episode 1 was released, and they've grown up watching both the original films and the prequels. I'm happy to report that they both like the original films much better and typically roll their eyes at the prequel films just like everyone else from my generation does.

Dr Dogg

Speaking of Final Fantasy, PC and poor performance, does anyone have a link to the dudes post on the Steam Hub about hex editing the executable for FF XIII-2?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I like how Call of Duty generally has a free weekend when Battlefield is doing a 2XP event. Every time.

Oh well, Activision, it isn't like I wanted to try your declining series anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom