• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Guys, need help.

When were the summer sales of the last two years, possibly three? JShack, I know you know dis.

Jul 11, 2013
Jun 19, 2014

BTW, I'm planning to bring the additional "seasonal" servers for Enhanced Steam online around June 1st.

chronomac

h3mxgEG.gif

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So, what are the chances SE will announce a PC edition during E3 next month? I looked for some news, it seems they were interested into a port, also I doubt it will cost so much, since PS4/One are basically PCs.

I mean, it's possible, but I wouldn't say that it's a certainty.

SE seems to be interested in delivering ports of their older FF games to PC, but it seems like the port of Lightning Returns has hit a snag, so who knows what SE will do next. Plus I doubt that SE would mention it during E3. If anything, I could see SE announcing a port of Type 0 within a few months of releasing it, all without any fanfare or promotion outside of the announcement.

So, since yesterday I was reading GAF thread about Type 0, today I saw almost all cutscenes from Youtube (CGI one, not in-game cutscenes, of course, since those will last 40 hours, lol), and I read the whole plot explanation, since I screwed up myself by reading the ending a GAF posted in that thread, damage was done and I was curious. From what I understand, critics are: this game is bad, this game is good. It seems there's no middle term, anyway I really want to play this, I think they did an awesome job by taking the lore from FFXIII and finally adapting it into an intriguing plot. So, what are the chances SE will announce a PC edition during E3 next month? I looked for some news, it seems they were interested into a port, also I doubt it will cost so much, since PS4/One are basically PCs.

I fully expect the PC port to happen eventually (as well as XV) but who knows?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

"But it's up for discussion"=We could do it, but we don't care enough about the platform to actually do it right now, so please wait and be excited for future developments while we continue to do other things that could potentially lead to higher profits.

Then again, I'm always cynical when it comes to believing anything that someone at Square Enix says, so take my interpretation with a grain of salt.

The_Monk

Hey everyone! I just finished Game of Thrones (the role playing game) and I decided to post a little review on Steam but will also leave it here.

bzwhJEa.png

First of all, and as always, I'm sorry for the lack of a better English vocabulary as it's not my native language.

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043835726/recommended/208730/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without viewing any sort significant gameplay or information before starting the Game of Thrones it became quite an unexpected surprise. If you have a soft spot for these sort of games then I believe this one deserve a humble chance. You will play as two very different characters in different time frames until you reach a point where they will meet in the story. The game offers you a lot of content to read and if you are a fan of the Books or the TV show this will be something you will simply should keep on your radar. There is a vast amount of Lore regarding the cities and the people who live in them, the religion or their beliefs as well, the characters and the different house banners and so on.

There is a lot of talk so I found this game to be very relaxing to play in a nice session after a long, tiresome day. You answer the questions by choosing one of the possible outcomes and they are written in first person. From the main quests to the secondary ones you will be faced with some choices to be made. Some will decide the faith of people, others will let you seek revenge or prove that you are merciful and fair. Expect to be a lot of political games where even when trust is earned you should always suspect everyone, after all, everyone wants their share of wealth. I did some of the secondary quests but not all them. They are mostly focused in side stories and are not boring at all as opposed to those fetch quests where you need to gather ingredients or something similar. Usually, it’s about someone needing help, recruiting members to the Wall, see why someone did something or seek more information that can be useful for you in the future.

The main story is divided in Chapters which offers a great time frame if you just want to play bit here and there. You can start a chapter and be done with it, get some rest and on the next day advance a bit more. I admit that as I was advancing in the game I got surprised more than once for the outcomes I was facing. This is Game of Thrones so you should always expecting deaths from those you love or care while playing the game. Trust no one and remember to not follow only your heart as you might be betrayed for being too gentle.

The combat is slower than any other similar RPG but it can be tactic as well during combat you can open your Abilities wheel and select what moves or skills you want to do. The game won’t fully stop but you will enter in a very slow motion giving you time to make the best strategy for your enemies. Different weapons are good or bad depending on what sort of armor your enemy is wearing. A heavy armor is resistant to swords since it can’t be pierced but are weaker to blunt weapons so pay attention to this in order to end the combat quicker.

The way healing works is also very creative in my opinion. You can get some flasks but they will be empty. Then, you will have to go to a store who sell potions in order to fill them with what you desire. You can fill them with poison, oil in order to burn your enemies and other healing herbs and medicine like the famous milk of the poppy. You can replace already filled bottles with other things if you desire. This is crucial for some harder fights and will help you in the long run.

The voice acting however is very poor, especially in the sad or dramatic scenes. During certain critical events I really tried to let myself get immersed by the things that were happening but the poor voice acting broke the immersion I was trying to achieve. That often used moment of “Noooooo!” is rather embarrassing and anger, sadness or fury moments are not strong enough to make some scenes more believable. It’s a shame because a game with such emphasis on story elements you really want to feel the tension you witness when watching the TV series or when reading the books but I’m afraid that sometimes this simply won’t do. You will notice some voices from the show like Varys the Spider but even with familiar voices, as soon other characters start to talk in a more emotional sense it won’t feel immersive. As for the normal and non-emotional conversations I believe it’s more than doable.

The visuals are also nothing to be amazed but this did not bother me at all. I played the game at 1080p and while it’s nothing to be stunned about I noticed some really nice details like when you are carrying a shield in your back and you see the scratches in it or the reflections of the sun in that golden lion shield from the Lannisters. While this is not a game to be played for the visuals I also saw my fair share of people trespassing doors, my dog getting his head between the iron of gates and other small glitches. Nothing game breaking, you just see that it’s something that could have been more polished. Because it’s in the deep of the lore that you will find the bigger satisfaction I ended up ignoring these small technical issues and I focused on my decisions, the stories and most of all, the outcomes based on what I said or done.

If you are a fan of the theme then I believe this game deservers a fair chance. It took me around 20 hours to finish (one of) the endings and I know there’s some replay value if you wish to see a different ending in the last couple of chapters.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So, since yesterday I was reading GAF thread about Type 0, today I saw almost all cutscenes from Youtube (CGI one, not in-game cutscenes, of course, since those will last 40 hours, lol), and I read the whole plot explanation, since I screwed up myself by reading the ending a GAF posted in that thread, damage was done and I was curious. From what I understand, critics are: this game is bad, this game is good. It seems there's no middle term, anyway I really want to play this, I think they did an awesome job by taking the lore from FFXIII and finally adapting it into an intriguing plot. So, what are the chances SE will announce a PC edition during E3 next month? I looked for some news, it seems they were interested into a port, also I doubt it will cost so much, since PS4/One are basically PCs.

Type 0 is kind of a mixed bag. It's sales and perceived value on consoles was immensely propped up by it's inclusion of the XV demo - to the point that within a few hours of release people here were selling Type 0 by itself for $35 and the code to the XV demo for $30 and turning a good profit. Even now you can pick up a used (aka without XV demo code) copy of Type 0 for the PS4 for about $25.

The game itself I thought was great but was immensely dated looking in a lot of ways. It was really obvious that I was playing a PSP game when I played it, really low res textures everywhere although the character models themselves had been remastered. But things like walls/doors and smaller details were all super low-res. The game also suffered from bad motion blur, another byproduct of starting out on the PSP.

The story was pretty good and hopefully some day we'll get a PC version so that modders can go to work doing a proper remastering. Without the XV demo propping things up, I can only see this releasing on PC as a "budget" title for between $15 and $20 tops.

Turfster

Marvellous Miss Take is 67% off on the humble store.
You should buy it.

Love The Magic Circle recent updates:
12 May
"Coming VERY soon"

13 My
"As promised, it was very soon."

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-AEF20A96B08A7DFA - Taken by PunishedSnake

No idea what this is. Sorry if it's already used. I think it might be.

Panda Rin

Is Massive Chalice even worth it? Reviews indicate it's not even close to finishing, yet the developers are stating they're nearing the finish line.

Dr Dogg

1 minute video takes 109 minutes to upload. I think internet infrastructure will be number 1 on the list of priorities over say clean air when we next move (not that I get a say in these things).

Thought I'd just let you all know that our firefighting, action roguelike Flame Over is being released on Steam on 28th May priced at $11.99, the should also be a 40% pre-order discount which should be available from tomorrow.

You can find more details here http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/flame-over-coming-to-steam-on-the-28th-may

And a trailer here https://youtu.be/8ZN2DQe7t2k

Thanks for keeping us updated Ross.

Dr Dogg

Happy B'Day Jase!

Happy birthday Jar Jar Ronald! Hope you have a great day among the spiders and kangaroos!

I think this is all an elaborate ruse to make everyone think Australia is a death trap to keep the migrants out. I've been to once and came back mostly in one piece.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Sounds like Double Fine. ;)

Also, todaysmybirthday.jpg.

Happy Birthday <3

Caught a bit of Stockholm, Pennsylvania on TV the other day and had a sudden urge to spend money I don't have on Steam. The damage you've done is irreparable, and I think it was a sign from the gods that your day was soon~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom