• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

Toren's weird in that it doesn't unlock the achievements until after you exit the game
and it crashes
. Are there a lot of Steam games like that?

I read now multiple times that people like watching E3 conferences on Giantbomb. What makes that your choice? Doesn't it loose a bit when people talk over?

For the past E3s I just watched the official streams.

derExperte

I read now multiple times that people like watching E3 conferences on Giantbomb. What makes that your choice? Doesn't it loose a bit when people talk over?

For the past E3s I just watched the official streams.

e3 is a huge marketing-fest with everyone jerking off each other, I couldn't take it without some sort of (relatively) unbiased commentary and GB does that well enough imo.

Ezalc

So SteamGAF what is your choice? #TeamNintendo or #TeamSquareEnix for E3 conference? :D

#TeamPleaseUnderstand. I'll watch both eventually, but probably be looking at Nintendo's as it happens. Gotta see more of that Fire Emblem, and needlessly hope for more F-Zero, Metroid, Luigi's Mansion, and Custom Robo.

Happy birthday JaseC!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Happy Birthday old person that owns a bunch of games
Happy birthday jasec!
Happy B-Day JaseC!
saoirse_ronan_by_agnes_green-d4iutw7.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/321851574?view_mode=2
Happy Bday JaseC. Whenever I see saoirse I think of the many avs we all get to see
Happy Birthday to JaseC and Frost! :D
@JaseC

Happy Bday!

happy bday fat face girl
Happy birthday, cfrost and jasec. I hope your day is as fun as you want it to be.
Hey Jase and Frost, happy birthday! Hope you have a great time!

Cheers. :)

So SteamGAF what is your choice? #TeamNintendo or #TeamSquareEnix for E3 conference? :D

Since I now have a PS4 I might as well watch Sony's conference (assuming I can), but I don't think I'll bother with the others and instead just check GAF afterwards for screenshots/trailers. The conferences tend to start at terrible times here, anyway.

Edit: Oh, right, forgot about the "PC gaming" thing. I may tune into that, too.

Yeah that game's story and characterization is very irksome most of the time.

I really like the art direction and think the gameplay is alright.

I mean, it's nothing like the games in the series but i suppose that was the whole point, right? Still, I can't shake that it's not nearly as complex mechanics-wise and just kinda feels like they should've avoided association with the series because it doesn't compare very well in that regard.

But then i like the crazy shifting world and the incredibly stupid boss fights.

so i dunno. just feels weird, the whole thing.

JaseC

Is Massive Chalice even worth it? Reviews indicate it's not even close to finishing, yet the developers are stating they're nearing the finish line.

The best answer I can give you is I'm not sure.

Its not a Spacebase DF9. Its a full game that you can play from beginning to end right now. Its close to finish and most everything promised at the initial kickstarter campaign is in the game right now. It is basically finished but there is some bug fixing and optimizing that needs to happen.

A lot of the positive reviews that stress it isn't finish and a good chunk of the negative review seem to come from the perspective of wanting the game to be something or become something it isn't. Its a fantasy based simplified Xcom game with some novel back end base management. Thats it.

To some degree it fails in the same way that most Xcom clones fail. There are two balance issues. They place too much value on an individual unit (long time to make, permadeath) but then requires constant sacrifices on the battlefield. The small amount of units (5) means there isn't room for the typical cannon fodder / rookie class. So the two major parts of the game work against each other's interest and end up being more frustrating than fun.

The other balance issue is the game has a mindset of a hard core strategy but UI of a casual mobile game. This gives it a crisis of identity. You feel that you need and should be able to do more but the game doesn't give you the tools nor the information to do so.

Thats a lot of negative I know. However it is a complete product. One that is unique in a genre. It has a fresh look and a surprisingly refreshing audio track as well.

I love the negative messages that we receive. Of course, we get a healthy number of them from Lovecraft Purists, but my favorites have to be the ones from people going "nobody likes your game. I know this is only your first one, but you suck and you should just stop making games". They say it so nicely, too. Like it's a simple request.

I had to delete one because it was filled with racial slurs and was just disgusting. Basically, "only white people should make video games".

We're all white. We're paste.

Dr Dogg

The vast majority of the times I see someone bring up DX12 on here they seem to think it's some magic formula, a secret sauce if you will, that will make every problem go away and bring bullshit trailer level of visuals back from the dead. You maniacs Microsoft. You've deluded them all to hell!!!

derExperte

[Amazon.de] GRID Autosport Season Pass 3,99€: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00CFJA8ZQ/

Thought I'd just let you all know that our firefighting, action roguelike Flame Over is being released on Steam on 28th May priced at $11.99, the should also be a 40% pre-order discount which should be available from tomorrow.

You can find more details here http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/flame-over-coming-to-steam-on-the-28th-may

And a trailer here https://youtu.be/8ZN2DQe7t2k

Took me a good while to get into since for some reason I expected something casual. Which isn't the case at all and the controls are rather finicky but now I really like it.

Tex Murphy bundle on Bundle Stars everything besides Tesla Effect for 2.49

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/tex-murphy-bundle/

Now that's a good bundle. Don't care if it was already posted.

Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum
Tex Murphy: Mean Streets
Tex Murphy: Overseer
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive
Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon

Missing a few of them. Thanks for the heads up!

Groupees Colonies and States WDN bundle preorder, 7 games for 1.25$

Guesses from the chat are as follows
5 Steam 2 GL Background: http://store.steampowered.com/app/283100 GL: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=362660305 ; http://store.steampowered.com/app/233700/ + DLC, http://store.steampowered.com/app/267730/ + DLC (cyanic said so, but he denies any responsability in case it's 7 copies of bad rats instead).

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-0E9CBAFA0D57F96E - Taken by schwupp
A.I.M. 2 Clan Wars -- MB-86FB6FEA3900F1BC - Taken by PunishedSnake
Culling of the Cows -- MB-A1CE4D42F520F6A9 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-0CE8A6AE4D2F379D - Taken by Cyldman
Space Chem -- MB-4464F352753E49C8 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Epigenesis -- MB-A2F7FE731030C374 - Taken by yoshizzle

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Gun Monkeys was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for A.I.M. 2 Clan Wars was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Culling of the Cows was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Space Chem was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Epigenesis was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Arthea

Happy birthday, Jasec, buy something that's not a steam game for a change, if you buy a game it'll feel like any other day.

Unholy Heights devs misunderstand what sales are supposed to be. Still looks like an interesting game, though.

By the way, SteamGAF get One Way Heroics - it's the best.

the game is definitely worth that money, I paid full price and had no regrets.

edited: not to mention it's lvl 1 badge is Cheepy, it doesn't get any better than that as far as badges go
b4a041ed5b960519a3aad9522b624363168bed18.png

JaseC

Happy birthday, Jasec, buy something that's not a steam game for a change, if you buy a game it'll feel like any other day.
Happy Birthday
e4f095db9e.gif

Think of me. XOXO
HBDY JaseC

tLZRU.gif
Happy birthday, JaseC. Is SteamGAF flirting with you?

Thanks. :) And no more than usual. :p

Thought I'd just let you all know that our firefighting, action roguelike Flame Over is being released on Steam on 28th May priced at $11.99, the should also be a 40% pre-order discount which should be available from tomorrow.

You can find more details here http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/flame-over-coming-to-steam-on-the-28th-may

And a trailer here https://youtu.be/8ZN2DQe7t2k

-40% is impulse purchase territory. Sold!

Happy birthday Jase

I love the negative messages that we receive. Of course, we get a healthy number of them from Lovecraft Purists, but my favorites have to be the ones from people going "nobody likes your game. I know this is only your first one, but you suck and you should just stop making games". They say it so nicely, too. Like it's a simple request.

I had to delete one because it was filled with racial slurs and was just disgusting. Basically, "only white people should make video games".

We're all white. We're paste.

Your game sounds incredible.

Unholy Heights devs misunderstand what sales are supposed to be. Still looks like an interesting game, though.

By the way, SteamGAF get One Way Heroics - it's the best.

Both games are pretty good.

Guess how long it took for someone to ask why some console fps isn't on the list.

I can't believe it was the first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom