• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Happy birthday Jar Jar Ronald! Hope you have a great day among the spiders and kangaroos!
s1iiA5g.jpg
Happy birthday!
You beauty!
Toss another shrimp on the barbie, mate, hope you get a lot of prezzies from your rellies!
Happy birthday, Jase, now at least I know you are a really human born :D
Happy Birthday <3

Caught a bit of Stockholm, Pennsylvania on TV the other day and had a sudden urge to spend money I don't have on Steam. The damage you've done is irreparable, and I think it was a sign from the gods that your day was soon~
Happy Bumblebee!
Happy birthday Saoirse! :)

Hope you have a fantastic one.
Happy Birthday JaseC. Saoirse will definitely come to visit you tonight :3
giphy.gif

Happy birthday!
Randomhappybirthday.gif

Cheers. <3

Happy birthday!
Happy birthday Jason!
Not gonna be able to gift you something though. It's hard finding something for a person who already has everything ;)

Haha, that's quite the coincidence.

Happy birthday, you buying like 80 games in celebration?

I bought a handful just before, but Axiom Verge is going to be my present to myself. It's even releasing today, barely (11pm).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pakkidis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat -- MB-D7055FF39486FBA9 - Taken by Abomination. 16 entrants total.

t1431542384z1.png

Not going into details due to NDAs and such, but looking over our final numbers and votes, I can safely say that I don't know and never knew how Greenlight works.

I'm not sure Valve does either.

But I'm super glad they let us in! We won't let them down!

louiedog

Seriously, the guy arguing with me that "people expect it to be legit since it's on neogaf of all places" actually made me shake my head.

Edit: happy Bday Jase!

I wonder why that trumps the dozens of times someone other than an ad on NeoGAF has said not to buy from the site.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Seriously, the guy arguing with me that "people expect it to be legit since it's on neogaf of all places" actually made me shake my head.

I think the waters are fairly murky out there as far as digital resellers are concerned. Consumers will always think what is being advertised to them is a legit business even when it isn't, and finding out otherwise can take some detective work that less savvy consumers may just not be programmed for. There's a reason Valve gets stupidly restrictive about anything that could lead to potential fraud!

Better communication from devs/pubs on what marketplaces are dealing direct business with them could help side-step this, but it still wouldn't solve the problem.

Not going into details due to NDAs and such, but looking over our final numbers and votes, I can safely say that I don't know and never knew how Greenlight works.

I'm not sure Valve does either.

But I'm super glad they let us in! We won't let them down!

I was hoping for a little insider info on what secret handshake I'd need to make the SteamGAF VN roll through Greenlight with as little resistance as possible.

Hmm, this makes me wonder if I should get the page set up before launch or after...

hohoXD123

Edit: happy Bday Jase!

Not everyone will know how ads work, easy enough mistake to make.

Spent about 2 hours playing Witcher 2 last night. What a fantastic game, I'll definitely be playing this through.

Was considering playing through it, but my laptop has a lot of trouble running it at non-potato looking quality.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Phawx

Should I read this before playing the game for better understanding? Or is this for after one has beaten it and it's better to go in blind? Honest question.

It's up to you. Do you mind spoilers? Truth be told you have to dig deep to even see parts of the story.

@JaseC

Happy Bday!

Oh shiz! Happy Birthday CFrost

Hmm, this makes me wonder if I should get the page set up before launch or after...

Do it before.

We won't be ready for a bit, but the added security that, once we are, we can just slide in on to Steam day one instead of just our website plus anything else we set up is fucking phenomenally great.

We launched our GL 1.5 years ago, and while we had our reservations since, it is clear now that it was the best move. You don't know how votes are going to go, and it is such an archaic system that any momentum you can get is going to be a great help. Yeah, you'll get comments from people asking where the product is, but just be honest with people about the process. We've always been upfront with the people who voted for us, answered questions. Made sure that we had people's confidence still.

And you really shouldn't worry about what people think of you during the GL, because if it's a good game and fairly priced, people will buy it regardless.

Salsa

happy bday fat face girl

im dating this new girl that gives me saoirse vibes sometimes. steam drippin into my real life

what if I think of this thread while fucking

dex3108

So just to inform you there won't be Nintendo E3 Streams banner that i am making. I will probably only mention that their event is at same time as SE. I mean this is inf for those who are still care about that (if somebody actually cared about that in the first place XD)

Last night, a demon lady was stripped of her child via a scoped shot by my long lost brother in
DmC, the devil may cry western edition

This game just feels weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom