• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Well 3 and the top tier one is a Uplay store exclusive. But these are for us lucky Europe folk where as are transatlantic cousins only get 2.

Basically not worth the time twisting your underwear up about :p

And no I'm not bloody biased either as I think they're a load of tat bar the entry level ones.

Of course there's a Big Ben edition, there just had to be.

As I said in the thread here, someone should tell Ubi the difference between Big Ben and Elizabeth Tower. Then again most people don't have a flipping clue what Big Ben actually is,

Knurek

Damn, I seem to have damaged my DualShock4. :\
It fell from my hands earlier today (from, like, 30 cm) and now the second I wiggle the USB cable it disconnects from PC.
Anyone here using DS4 through BT on PC? Does it work without a PS4 to set pairing up? What's the battery life on this thing?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Where the hell is the buy button??? :p

AZmaJMt.jpg

Newblade

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon -- MB-997C6FC4DE0ABB67 - Taken by nja
Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum -- MB-54B1BBCEA9017E04 - Taken by lindarasta

Dsyndrome

It fell from my hands earlier today (from, like, 30 cm) and now the second I wiggle the USB cable it disconnects from PC.
Anyone here using DS4 through BT on PC? Does it work without a PS4 to set pairing up? What's the battery life on this thing?

I use my laptop's built-in BT and it works pretty well. Not too hard to pair, just have your computer search, and then hold down Share and press the Playstation button. Windows should be able to detect it pretty easily.
Edit: No PS4 needed. Battery's typical of what you'd see on PS4.

Shantom

Try a random (but existing) German address. Or add me on Steam.

Entering a German address works, but means I have to pay in Euros, and therefore I'll get a currency exchange transaction fee on my card. I can avoid this with Paypal, so I've added you on Steam :)

Edit: Thanks derExperte!

I went ahead and installed the Windows 10 Preview on my spare laptop (didn't want to chance something going wrong with my desktop)...so far so good. I'll mess arounf with it more later but I like it. I also have no issues with 8 (or 8.1).

Nabs

It works without a PS4. Like Dsyndrome said, you just hold the share and PS button and it'll start blinking. You then pair with Windows and you're done. If you use DS4Windows you just have to press the Option + PS button to disconnect, and the PS button to reconnect. It's super fast.

Battery life is pretty bad. It'll last like 4-6 hours? Maybe? Oh, and check to see if you damaged the controller or just the cable. My old cable does the same thing, that's why I just went with BT. I'm glad I did.

If you're on Windows 8, look for a modern (BT4.0 v2) dongle that's plug and play (uses Windows Drivers). If you're on 7, good luck. I went with a BTD-400 from Amazon and it's been amazing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Happy Birthday JaseC! :)
Happy birthday Jase
Happy birthday JaseC!
Happy birthmas Jase you should come hang out in gaf steam chat sometime<3
Happy Birthday JaseC.

Cheers. :) I don't chat much on Steam. I mean, I'll respond when spoken to, but other than that I don't really partake.

We should start taking bets on whether or not Ubi will again be compelled to retroactively cancel the Season Pass.

Dr Dogg

Seeing as Unity's season pass got you some weapons and skins, an expansion, the retailer preorder missions, AC Chronicles China and a 2014 Ubi game of your choosing I'd say that's the best value season pass to date :p

Shantom

Little giveaway of decent games left over from bundles:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-E034A149FACBFDDC - Taken by L.O.R.D. 5 entrants total.
Kingdom Rush -- MB-9C7AF586213F7DC0 - Taken by Loptous. 5 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-A9CA016E6B37AB90 - Taken by BigAT. 1 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-CA5A9574BDD9F4F9 - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-F3CB83C9A2E9B48D - Taken by Madn. 3 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat -- MB-8E514D6BDF4EEEB6 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 12 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-AF7F938F576C58F8 - Taken by redlacs. 9 entrants total.

t1431559004z1.png

whats good with nintendo yo, is mario maker seriously their flagship game for this year? thats wack, people have been making their own mario stages(hell even games) for years with the sprite editor and shit. ninty gotta step their game up.

Dr Dogg

whats good with nintendo yo, is mario maker seriously their flagship game for this year? thats wack, people have been making their own mario stages(hell even games) for years with the sprite editor and shit. ninty gotta step their game up.

Xenoblade Chronicles X dood!!!

inm8num2

Should I buy all them Tex Murphys and actually play them?

I'd play Under a Killing Moon, The Pandora Directive, then Overseer.

You can skip the first two games and revisit later if desired, although Overseer is kind of a remake of the first game (with Tex telling a story about an early case).

that's kinda about it though. It seems like they're winding down on the WiiU, which kinda blows because Zelda is a 2016 game so what the fuck else are people on that platform supposed to play?

I mean, i'm fine, i have a 80 game backlog on Steam alone so no tears are streaming down this face but, man, I'll take a SMG HD remaster or anything. Mario Maker can't be the big splash for the holiday.

Kifimbo

Leftover:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

AR-K -- MB-30EEFBAB97942114 - Taken by Kurt Russell

Miguel81

Happy birthday, JaseC!

that's kinda about it though. It seems like they're winding down on the WiiU, which kinda blows because Zelda is a 2016 game so what the fuck else are people on that platform supposed to play?

I mean, i'm fine, i have a 80 game backlog on Steam alone so no tears are streaming down this face but, man, I'll take a SMG HD remaster or anything. Mario Maker can't be the big splash for the holiday.

Not a peep about Metroid is rather disappointing.

but does that come out this year for the west? i don't care about japan, thats on the other side of the world. if we got that, at least thats something. but mario maker? come on brah.

word, i got plenty of games to play through as well but its like whats going on nintendo? i get that they're prepping up their new system but don't forget about the one you got out right now.

Messiah

I just realized Nuclear Throne will never go on sale while it's still in early access and I have been waiting all this time ...

I really should read storepages more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom