• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

You, see.
It always pays off not to play the games you own.
1: There will come a better version.
2: There will be a sequel that might be"better"
3: There wil be another game that is better.
4: You really need to upgrade your computer to get the most of the game.

repeat.

AHA-Lambda

Next week? There's The Witcher 3 and... The Witcher 3. Which still needs to have its unlock time updated (I'm looking at you, CDPR).

I'm not playing W3 yet cos the first 2 are in my backlog still but even without it May is busy for me!

I'm currently playing Not A Hero, then there is a new episode for Life is Strange, Ronin, last DLC for Evil Within and Magicka 2.

Edit: oh and Higurashi.

titch

You, see.
It always pays off not to play the games you own.
1: There will come a better version.
2: There will be a sequel that might be"better"
3: There wil be another game that is better.
4: You really need to upgrade your computer to get the most of the game.

repeat.

You missed one - there might be a patch coming out that avoids the game breaking bug you could get if you actually played it.

Shantom

They finally got the message. Nice. They HAVE to do Disgaea.
64% of the revenue is generated by NIS America. That's pretty cool and will only grow if they put games on Steam.

I just bought the Guided Fate Paradox on PSN and haven't had time to play it so there's a near-certain chance of that coming.

If anybody in entire world still doesn't have Radical Roaches, what seems highly unlikely, indiegala is repeating that giveaway too:
https://www.indiegala.com/store

if they will do that the same way as last time, they as well can not bother
If they will release Disgaea games on steam, we are all doomed

The latest Friday bundle just ended as well good chance of another one starting real soon. Last one was worth it for Back to Bed and Stranded alone.

Well we all knew about Divinity 2.0 coming soon. It's a magical game and my GOTY for 2014 so I'm glad more people get a chance to play it. I didn't expect they'd put in so much work on the enhanced edition (full voiced dialogs, reworked ending, a full story pass and rebalanced combat encounters). I hope it ends up being successful for them.

That said, I don't think I'll be able to play it again. I spent 60-70 hours last year over the course of ~3 months playing the game entirely in co-op with a friend. It was extremely fun but also exhausting. So now I kind of feel bad that I won't see the game at it's best.

This actually kind of brings me to a thought that has been on my mind for a while now. It seems to me that the best time to play the kind of Kickstarter games I like (mostly RPGs) is well after their release. Many of them end up getting enhanced editions (like Shadowrun, Wasteland, Divinity) or in general get patched into a much better state than at launch. Now I know this doesn't only apply to Kickstarter games. Every game goes through this. These days it seems many the AAA games are patched into a playable state after being broken at launch. So it's not some revelation that waiting for a few months will get you a better experience at a lower price.

It's starting to feel like half the games I backed on Kickstarter ended up being episodic/early access and the other half get enhanced editions down the line. In both cases I wonder why back it when waiting for the full, finished game is a better idea. Of course, if everyone started thinking like that then we'd never even get to see these games being made.

Maybe I'm just trying to justify putting off my playthrough of Pillars of Eternity.

def sim

Newsflash!!!

HrGseGx.png

classic grief

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Come on guys, Grief wouldn't recommend Razer headsets.

Not without being adamant about getting Monster cables to go with them that is.

Kiru

Glad I still haven't played D:OS. Have the game sitting in my library for months. Wanted to experience it with a fully upgraded PC. So Good! :D

Corpekata

Banned
NISA needs to learn from Gung Ho and port a game people actually want if they want to actually gauge the Steam waters. Do a frigging survey or something. You missed the boat where everyone would buy every little thing a Japanese dev vomited out simply to get more games. Give us Daganronpa or Disgaea and maybe you'll make some money on the platform.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Many reviews complained about the controls without realizing there is a button control scheme. Not saying it's an exceptional game, but it's worth a look. Mouse control could be neat.

Nah it still sucks for Lumen sections. If they make those mouse control then that would probably fix my problems with it.

Tizoc

It'll be fine if they fix the goddamn Lumen controls in this one.

Yeah this is what turned me off from the game initially, if they do a good job with this port I'll pick it up.

Which reminds me....
Danganronpaboxart.jpg

yEAH i know it's not a Nippon Ichi title, but VNs are making a good mark on Steam, and more notable titles would be great.
Plus I want Jase to experience DESPAIR.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
That's like worst possible choice to make? A game build around Vita controls. What can go wrong with it on PC?

Honestly if it's properly mouse controlled it'll be the best version of the game since the controls wouldn't be awful.
That's the huge wrong thing with the game and the rest is generally a fun but challenging little puzzle game.

Arthea

Honestly if it's properly mouse controlled it'll be the best version of the game since the controls wouldn't be awful.

I still see it as I said, if that's what they plan selling on PC, they might as well not bother at all. Then again, maybe a game isn't as bad as I imagine it,
never played and had no plans

Why wouldn't a game built around touch controls work on PC?

because there is not much more to it, perhaps?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I still see it as I said, if that's what they plan selling on PC, they might as well not bother at all. Then again, maybe a game isn't as bad as I imagine it,

I beat it and it's a fine little game aside from the controls! Seriously that's the worst part especially in the 4th Chapter.

Man Evolve went below 1K Peak. I can't remember any game in recent history that bombed so hard.

http://steamcharts.com/app/273350

Did they even update it? People at launch were complaining how OP one of the monsters was.

I guess those Turtle Rock employees never should have left Valve. L4D3 is going be great and have a lively community I'm sure.

That, Quantum Conundrum and Tactical Intervention just show how wrong people are when saying Valve didn't make games like Portal or L4D.

because there is not much more to it, perhaps?

So you have no idea what the game even is but are dismissive because it includes an option for touch controls. What?
It probably isn't the best choice but it's most likely a small project that's well suited to test the waters and prevent mistakes in later more important releases.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
So you have no idea what the game even is but are dismissive because it includes an option for touch controls. What?
It probably isn't the best choice but it's most likely a small project that's well suited to test the waters and prevent mistakes in later more important releases.

If they don't half ass mouse controls it'll be a fine addition but if they do half ass it I imagine it'll review horribly again since the pad controls on the vita weren't tuned to the sticks at all and it was easy to overshoot your distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom