• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
that fact that PC elitist even exists as a term is hilarious

considering it's 2015 and people still legitimately say stuff like "pc is nothing but mmos and strategy games" as if those aren't real games, let alone being completely false.

Shadownet

Banned
that fact that PC elitist even exists as a term is hilarious

considering it's 2015 and people still legitimately say stuff like "pc is nothing but mmos and strategy games" as if those aren't real games, let alone being completely false.
Glad to see you're still up. #PCElitists

Sajjaja

Was Star Command removed from steam or was never there in the first place? I could sware I saw it, was playing it on my phone just now (free from amazon) and it's kind of awesome
Thanks for the heads up. Now I got something to play on my tablet.

What? No seriously, I just looked through his posts in that thread. If that's "PC warrior" then I really don't know anymore.
My top 3 of things to avoid to not get banned on GAF

1. Taking a side in system wars, even if you're right
2. Talking about GAF moderation
3. The PlayStation®Vita

Cairnsay

Banned
Hi guys! Finally put together my first PC last night, so hope to be creeping around these parts from hence forth.

Made Cities: Skylines my first Steam game... Immediately went broke (in the game, not life). Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

baterism

strategy games

.... I think a little Civ session won't hurt.

Some people are being pretty defensive lately. Perhaps some just got a wake up call that their gddr5 machine isn't top of the line anymore. People obsessed with computational power calling out others for being obsessed with computational power. I just, meh.

Hi guys! Finally put together my first PC last night, so hope to be creeping around these parts from hence forth.

Made Cities: Skylines my first Steam game... Immediately went broke (in the game, not life). Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Welcome, welcome.

Arthea

3. The PlayStation®Vita
nah, you missed most essential: a game you want announced for 3DS you don't want. Those should be avoided as wild fire.
and a fifth: interwebs-utubes personalities threads, I never even enter those, but I've heard even poking in can get you banned.

you we'll be favourite iashman's newbie, be wary tho, it's not necessary a good thing to be in her good graces.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Well, the Summer Sale is (hopefully) a couple of months away. ;)

I guess it's rare to see Durante's presence here.

3. The PlayStation®Vita

I'll keep your list in mind. :p

Welcome aboard!

milena87

Welcome and congrats on the new PC :)

Cities Skylines was a fine first choice. Loved the game.

Arthea

Next week is bad enough even withpu sale.

ya, Higurshi, Nep Nep 2 and Akiba strip and if by any chance Lightning will decide to return after all... I'm not ready for this, is it even possible to be ready for this?! good bye my summer sale savings?

1 of those 3 is pretty ridiculous if you think about it.

I know! Why can't we make fun of system wars?
I kid, I kid

Derp

Guys if you happen to be using the Angry Planes mod in GTA 5 then remove it. They found out it contains malware, specifically a key logger, so change your passwords too. Malwarebytes can supposedly target the program if your system has been infected (it's called Fade.exe) and will remove it.

Scans on my system found nothing (used several programs including Malwarebytes), so i think i'm safe.

Deques

Finished the two story dlcs of Dishonored. Kinda finished with Dishonored, just got the challenges left to do, but I think I leave them

Derp

Next week? There's The Witcher 3 and... The Witcher 3.
EB Games has sucked the remaining $150 for the CE pre-order out of my account this morning. I am ready. Also broke. But mostly ready.

Also so excited because this means they can focus on Cyberpunk now, so there's that to look forward to. Fallout 4 and Cyberpunk... Come to me please.

DocSeuss

I'll play TW3, though!

You missed a spot.

Yeah, I basically decided to submit the same assignment in two different classes by obtaining permission from a teacher. That's ~30 pages off my plate. Haven't heard back so I'm going to rush through it tomorrow.

sprinkles

ya, Higurshi, Nep Nep 2 and Akiba strip and if by any chance Lightning will decide to return after all... I'm not ready for this, is it even possible to be ready for this?! good bye my summer sale savings?
I better swing by my local dealer of Steam money cards when I am buying my weekend groceries later...

Everyone needs to stop what they're doing and go see Mad Max. Unbelievably good.

Makes the action in Age of Ultron look like a B-movie, direct-to-DVD, bottom-of-the-$1-bin-at-Walmart dump.

To be frank, it's not like Ultron has top class action scenes to begin with, which basically goes for most or all MCU films.

Dr Dogg

Yeah that dude who bought a 720 to replace a 660 I think is pulling your leg guys. Especially considering the price difference is a bit of a bloody give away.

I used to be a VA fan and in theory still am but they're getting rarer and rarer and are usually more expensive than good IPS monitors while the differences imo aren't that distinct. Don't know if there are some recent insider tips but especially for ~200€ it'll be difficult.

While in panels for monitors this is true since it used to be everyone and their mum's had a spin on a VA panel where the in vogue thing now is that everyone has their own IPS derivative (well it's not like LG were going to let folk use their tech's name without money changing hands) but they're really popular in TV panels (which granted at 32"+ panels isn't exactly what you'll find in a monitor at those resolutions bar the 4K ones). AU Optrics still but out quite a few AMVA/+ panels for the likes of BenQ and Iiyama and Samsung once in a while remember it's their tech and will have a monitor with a VA panel over their surge of PLS ones. Dell usually do a couple in their Studio range as compliments to their Ultrasharp line and Eizo still have one of the best monitors outside of G-Sync/FreeSync with the Foris FG2421.

Regards to price, it all depends on where and what you're looking to be fair as say a Dell S2440L can be had for £160-£180 compared to the £180-£200 a P2414H or U2414H costs over here and BenQ and Iilyama are cheaper again but you can certainly get cheaper IPS monitors than those. Though I'd imagine it's like you say and a lack of models that makes prices fall into the mid to upper bracket of IPS style panels, which are appearing in lots of devices both big and small, so the range of panels to chose from are massive.

Hahaha Veggie the idea is I point you in the direction of tools and resources so you can inform yourself and not blindly listen to folks on the internet, including me. If I say 'x is good you should get it' and don't back that up with anything as to why it's better than y or z let alone both to ask what your use case is then I'm more over giving you what I like and not finding out what's best for you. I'd rather you empower yourself to make the decision based off of knowledge you have acquired through your own research than some daft recommendation I've given you.

Was Star Command removed from steam or was never there in the first place? I could sware I saw it, was playing it on my phone just now (free from amazon) and it's kind of awesome

Wait? How did I not hear this was coming to PC? Was looking at the iOS version a while back but my phone is on it's last legs so this is great news.

sprinkles

The Dishonored DLC was great all around, and quite lenghty. I liked Daud as a character even better than Corvo.
Please announce Dishonored 2 at E3, Bethesda!

Deques

This needs to be fixed!!!
psb62qw.png

Arthea

I just noticed that corrosive person also finished 52 games challenge. That's not how you do it, frostie, you brag about it! If you don't, what's even a point?

Dr Dogg

I just noticed that corrosive person also finished 52 games challenge. That's not how you do it, frostie, you brag about it! If you don't, what's even a point?

Does the internet really need another braggart, let alone GAF? Congratulations my Frost fellow for your accomplishment and good graces not to jump up and down whooping and hollering.

But what if somebody needs advice about gaming headsets?

Last time I spoke to Grief about headphones I did the bonkers thing and messaged him on Steam. Crazy the technology we have these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom