• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Goddamnit!!

original.gif

I'll never understand CDPR's love of overly sharpened screens. They must be fans of the Xbone's magic scaler.

Anteater

I'll never understand CDPR's love of overly sharpened screens. They must be fans of the Xbone's magic scaler.

They got better, it used to be way worse.. Like wtf...

Capcom can't even be assed to give us DmC remastered. I would've been ok if the changes done to the game were simply things that could be modded in but they added a lock-on option and changed a few story segments. It's always kinda crappy when they do that, like when Tomb Raider remastered changed a bunch of cosmetic stuff but didn't put those changes out on PC in any fashion. Makes you feel like a second class gaming citizen.

I have a feeling capcom didn't want to release a patch and don't know what to do with the pricing, the vanilla was still priced at $49.99 on steam while the DE was like $40 on console, maybe it sounds like more work for less money to them on the PC when the game was still selling good at $49.99.

Dr Dogg

Sharpening, vignette's, film gain, chromatic aberration, dynamic colour grading, in fact most of these post filters that to try and break up clean images that you get from 3d generated titles are horrid for me personally. There's a time and a place for them sure but not as overdone as they are in most games. It's up there with texture filtering of any sort on pixel art for me *yuck*.

KingKong

I gotta say all this downgrade stuff is pretty funny considering I'm hoping to run it well enough on medium settings. Maybe by the time I build a new PC they'll release an 'HD' patch

Sharpening, vignette's, film gain, chromatic aberration, dynamic colour grading, in fact most of these post filters that to try and break up clean images that you get from 3d generated titles are horrid for me personally. There's a time and a place for them sure but not as overdone as they are in most games. It's up there with texture filtering of any sort on pixel art for me *yuck*.

At least Epic are removing CA (or did they already? Haven't checked in months), but then they said they're looking at a sharpening filter. It was interesting that the artist said they like CA, because CG is normally sterile and introducing noise like CA makes it more natural and realistic.

AHA-Lambda

Damn, the last set of missions on Not A Hero are hard! (this is not a long game from the look of it) The weird control scheme is making my fingers hurt now =/

CAn anyone tell me who thought it was a good idea for NIS to release some "mediorce" puzzle plattformer?

I mean we would like to see JRPGs by a JRPG publisher. Not something that rivals with like 100 other puzzle plattformers.
The same happened to Dokuro. Not a bad game, but the market for such Games on PC is oversaturated.

Does it have a Just Scan(1:1) option? You can use the gpu scaling settings as well. AMD, at least, have overscan by default so I have to set it to 0%.
I looked up all settings on the TV but no luck.
Currently using a custom resolution via Nvidia settings (1824x1026) so that I can at least see everything.
Hahaha Veggie the idea is I point you in the direction of tools and resources so you can inform yourself and not blindly listen to folks on the internet, including me. If I say 'x is good you should get it' and don't back that up with anything as to why it's better than y or z let alone both to ask what your use case is then I'm more over giving you what I like and not finding out what's best for you. I'd rather you empower yourself to make the decision based off of knowledge you have acquired through your own research than some daft recommendation I've given you.
Thanks to your previous tips on how to find the good choice for me personally, I applied those methods here as well :D
Ok, this is an important community issue: how the fuck did Grief get banned?
I honestly have no idea how people played Skyrim on console at 720p in 2011.

The sad thing is, the Xbox One and PS4 are going to age far worse than their predecessors.
If consoles were your only exposure, it's easy really. I've never really had a gaming capable PC so I thought Skyrim looked fine on my 360. Performance felt fine at least.
It's all about context, the world used to be flat for the majority of people.
Likely posting in a way which was interpreted by mod(s) as "looking down" on console base.
I saw much worse stuff going unpunished but mods are human after all and don't act identical in every circumstance.
He got unlucky. Messaged him on Steam but didn't get an answer. Can't imagine ban being longer than 2 weeks, let alone perma.
Goddamnit!!

original.gif
Thank God it's PC where motivated moders will release high-res texture packs, better shaders, high-poly models etc.
One just has to have patience :)

Dsyndrome

I was almost tempted to get DMC3 on steam and i figured that it's been modded to be a decent port.

but then i looked up the issues and decided, naw, not going to go through that. I guess ill finally play through that game on my PS3 HD edition instead. My dreams of playing a heavily downsampled DMC3 will have to just stay that way, as a dream.

No achievements turned me off from getting it a third time on Steam. I'll also stick with the PS3 collection and finish it sometime down the line...

Knurek

Sigh, my 750 Ti is below minimum reqs for Witcher 3...
I wish there was a way to download more GPU cycles to your computer, like you can download more RAM. :\

Sigh, my 750 Ti is below minimum reqs for Witcher 3...
I wish there was a way to download more GPU cycles to your computer, like you can download more RAM. :\

you could always OC it with MSI afterburner to help close the gap a bit. That's what i think ill start doing soon with my 770 to delay a new card purchase for as long as i can.

Jawmuncher

Can't wait to play Witcher 3 at 900p and a mix of settings on my PC. Whatever it takes to play at 60fps without looking like ugly.

Witcher 2 is nice so far, but I always get angry when I can't jump in games. >:I

I just realized there is no jumping in w2.

I think w3 had jumping though, because i think i saw a complaint that he jumps too high, so it looks silly when clearing a small fence or something.

I'm going 30fps on my 7850, then switching to ps4 on day 2 if my 7850 ends up looking worse than the ps4 version at 30 frames.

Shadownet

Banned
He can still jump in those.

Just jumpin bones~
But girls don't have... Ohhhhhh I see.
Can't wait to play Witcher 3 at 900p and a mix of settings on my PC. Whatever it takes to play at 60fps without looking like ugly.
30fps is perfectly acceptable for RPG Jaw.

no, you're not ... they're gone pretty much the second they're posted ;)
I got mine 5 mins after madjoki posted and there was 700+ left when I got mine.

Chariot

you must get angry very often then ;) especially when you're playing all those VNs ;)
I jump a lot in VN's alright ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah, that was something that I really didn't like about W2. Luckily the rest of the game is amazing, so it was definitely worth it.
Yes, otherwise it is pretty good so far.Although the tutorial annoyed me to no end. I hate it when games restrict to teach. Don't just lock everything until you want to teach it, this is irritating!

I am hope I can do 1080p/60fps with the new graphics card. But I don't actually know how much I can do with my rig, honestly.

I just realized there is no jumping in w2.
It lashed into my face when Gerald has to take the ballista at the siege and has to get down to it. I was reminded of Chivalry and Warband and tried to jump right down or climb up to a ledge, but these witcher castles and their invisible walls held me back. I also usually jump out of boredom while I go somewhere, so that's one important activity I am missing in the game.

Jawmuncher

But girls don't have... Ohhhhhh I see.

30fps is perfectly acceptable for RPG Jaw.

I got mine 5 mins after madjoki posted and there was 700+ left when I got mine.

That's my last resort.

I jump a lot in VN's alright ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yes, otherwise it is pretty good so far.Although the tutorial annoyed me to no end. I hate it when games restrict to teach. Don't just lock everything until you want to teach it, this is irritating!

I am hope I can do 1080p/60fps with the new graphics card.

It lashed into my face when Gerald has to take the ballista at the siege and has to get down to it. I was reminded of Chivalry and Warband and tried to jump right down or climb up to a ledge, but these witcher castles and their invisible walls held me back. I also usually jump out of boredom while I go somewhere, so that's one important activity I am missing in the game.

Been meaning to upgrade but at this point in going to use what I got until I no longer can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom