• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Damn man at that ending to LiS Ep 3, damn :-S
I still cant deal with that ending.
Sq5Z2Qi.gif

I just went back and played Remember Me (I got about 50% done when it released) a couple of weeks ago. In the pantheon of actiony/platformy games Uncharted 2 is at the top for me. Enslaved is like a melee Uncharted with a crappy camera and less polish, but fun overall. Remember Me is a step below Enslaved because of its tiny environments. Combat is kind of simple, but the story and world is pretty good and the memory remix idea (eventually to be LiS) is cool. Recommended if you like the genre, but not a must play.

Uncharted 2 is at the top for you? Enslaved getting praised? Welcome to my ignore list.

No. Remember Me is handily superior to Batman Arkham Origins.

Spread the word.

giphy.gif

I really enjoyed Remember Me and Batman Origins.

But was Remember Me HANDILY SUPERIOR to Batman Origins?

Nabs

But was Remember Me HANDILY SUPERIOR to Batman Origins?

Heh. Origins was better (and my favorite in that series), but Remember Me was just fun for what it was. I even enjoyed the combat system. I just wish they didn't limit us so much with the combo creator.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
EP.3 takes the cake because the biggest decision making moment happened when
my plant Lisa drowned cause I overwatered it.

Nabs

Have you played Heavenly Sword on the PS3? The combat is reminiscent, in that it battles are slightly repetitive, go on for too long, and lack visceral impact.

Eh. Remember Me is another game where I just tell people to get good. They give you so many tools to deal with the enemies, it's your fault if you don't use them.

rtcn63

Still don't like the character designs at all.

The design has got that "Early PS1/Saturn 3D" simplistic feel. Which kinda works, considering Yooka is a belated sequel to an N64 franchise.

Eh. Remember Me is another game where I just tell people to get good. They give you so many tools to deal with the enemies, it's your fault if you don't use them.

Didn't find the game difficult, just not particularly fun. And I wanted to like it, same with Heavenly Sword. (One of the reasons I bought a PS3)

Dr Dogg

So just got to the boozer in The Witcher III and bumped into a dude that wanted to play the in-game card game Gwent with me.

Old Scholary Geezer: 'You play Gwent?'

Gerald the Witch: 'Nah Top Trumps is for kids.'

Geezer: 'It's easy, the rules are quite simple. Let's play.'

Then proceeds a long, drawn out tutorial that is anything but simple. That or I'm just thick.

Also HairWorks is the framerate killer by far. Uses between 30-50% of my GPU alone! Might save it for a later playthrough but it's the difference between a constant 60fps and dipping down to the 40's, even the low 30's in cutscenes (which I can deal with but a bit erratic during gameplay).

AHA-Lambda

To me Remember Me was an average but repetitious beat em up with a patch work story that needed further exploration and background, without it there was no real appreciation or understanding of the world and some key holes in its plot.

No. Remember Me is handily superior to Batman Arkham Origins.

Spread the word.

Oh Jesus, God no!

giphy.gif

Turfster

Daily Blazblue Continuum Shift Extended 50% off

Midweek
  • Assetto Corsa 50% off
  • Van Helsing Franchise 66% off

Humble Flash Shovel Knight 33% off

As long as I'm making an enemy, I liked Thi4f as well.

I liked Thi4f too, so that doesn't help further your case.

Heh. Origins was better (and my favorite in that series), but Remember Me was just fun for what it was. I even enjoyed the combat system. I just wish they didn't limit us so much with the combo creator.

Yeah, Origins sits at the top for me as co-champ with Asylum.

I expect Remember Me to be solid, but I do not expect it to trump any of the Arkham games. Especially since people complain that the combat is like a shallow version of the Arkham system.

Teggy

I liked Thi4f too, so that doesn't help further your case.

Well, I'll say, you're a tough one to pin down.

I expect Remember Me to be solid, but I do not expect it to trump any of the Arkham games. Especially since people complain that the combat is like a shallow version of the Arkham system.

It's not really much like Arkham at all. The highest combo you can pull off is 8x, and there's no block/parry, only dodge. Also you can only continue your combo on a single enemy - dodge to another enemy instead of over the one you are currently hitting and your chain breaks.

Thorgal

so last weekend during a garbage sale i discovered a copy of Red Alert 3 which my aunt was selling and decided to gift me it for free .

Any opinions on this ?

Don't let Life is Strange fool you into thinking that Remember Me is anything more than a more-clunky Ninja Theory-like game. And i like Ninja Theory games!

It's clunky, it's a couple of hours too long even though it's not that long. It's a jack of all trades, master of none type of thing that dabbles in a lot of interesting ideas but excels at none of them.

Well, except for the visuals. It's still a very sharp looking game that downsamples really well.

JakeD

Side note to those who care about this sort of thing- the steam version of Witcher 3 seems to be DRM free, it plays fine without steam.

Haven't had a chance to attempt the folder backup and see if it can be moved to another pc and installed without steam though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Side note to those who care about this sort of thing- the steam version of Witcher 3 seems to be DRM free, it plays fine without steam.

Haven't had a chance to attempt the folder backup and see if it can be moved to another pc and installed without steam though.

I honestly think that's an oversight. The first two games both use CEG.

Chariot

it really is amazing how far Horse Armor DLC has come
I still remember the chuckle me and me friends shared when we read about the horse armor in the printed germanic herold of games. We called the company fool, but now it's us who are the fools. Crippled idiots who dance, get hurt and die for a feint grin on the face of our masters. We could've ruled the earth, but now rule neight but the dirt on our nose and tears on our cheeks.

Yeah, they were re-added to the game's subs. You're back in my good books, CDPR!

Regarding the Temerian Armor, I believe I've found it in-game
sold by the first merchant you'll come across who is attacked by a griffon, back in town. It's Lvl 4 required, and costs like 300 or 400 a piece. 4 pieces total. I was too broke to get it, having just started... not because I spent my money on those cards.

I have a feeling collecting these cards in-game might do what it did to me back in FF8 when I first played it. Specifically, that I stopped playing the story outright. There's a chance at some depth here.

Jawmuncher

I didn't even stop to do any extra quests in the first area of W3. Aside from talking to some guy about his carriage getting grabbed. Which I told him to deal with it himself.

I might go back and do the extra stuff........maybe.

Is it too soon to know if TW3 is plagued with the same filler quest issues that DA:I recently had?

I just tend to wait till real people play RPGs like this one instead of reviewers, who for whatever reason seem to overlook some incredibly glaring issues that are seemingly obvious to just about everyone else.

Corpekata

Banned
Is it too soon to know if TW3 is plagued with the same filler quest issues that DA:I recently had?

I just tend to wait till real people play RPGs like this one instead of reviewers, who for whatever reason seem to overlook some incredibly glaring issues that are seemingly obvious to just about everyone else.

It has way more sidequests where you talk to people if that's what you mean. I'm not too far in yet but unless new zones are a total misrepresentation, there's at least a lot more traditional questing in the game than Inquisition.

Uzzy

M. Bison trailer drops, and I can finally buy Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend here in merry old England. Happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom