• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

fluttershy_steam_skin_by_cynicaltechlord-d4lzhdb.png

U wot m8?

Jawmuncher

Black Closet came out on Sunday and is by the people who did long live the queen. There is also a demo for it. Should hit steam at some point.
Demo: http://www.hanakogames.com/closet.shtml

Features:
Randomly-generated mysteries to solve; a new story every game
Complete cases to earn points and level up your minions' skills
RPG-style dialog - shape your character by choosing what you say
Pursue friendship or romance in an elite all-girls school
Five character paths to explore

It has way more sidequests where you talk to people if that's what you mean. I'm not too far in yet but unless new zones are a total misrepresentation, there's at least a lot more traditional questing in the game than Inquisition.

Not quite sure about this comparison to DA:I, since I haven't played it... but running around talking to people isn't normally fun for me. I just did the hangover quest in TW2 last night and I wanted to punch something for most of it. :lol

--

Jeebus at the opening to Ori.
After losing Jake recently, my heart can't take it.

Annubis

Black Closet came out on Sunday and is by the people who did long live the queen. There is also a demo for it. Should hit steam at some point.

Features:

Will play that demo.

Tizoc

Features:

Wishlisted for now.
The Summer Sale draws near..

Dr Dogg

I'll say one thing about The Witcher III, Geralt has become Ben Kenobi like with his Axii hexes at the beginning. Unlike The Witcher II where you'd fail the first couple I'm Jedi Witcher Mind Tricking peeps left, right and centre.

I'll say one thing about The Witcher III, Geralt has become Ben Kenobi like with his Axii hexes at the beginning. Unlike The Witcher II where you'd fail the first couple I'm Jedi Witcher Mind Tricking peeps left, right and centre.

Did you import a save?
It would be interesting to see if certain decisions in TW/TW2 dictated how your stats were for things like that in the beginning of TW3.

Still not sure exactly what importing my TW save did for me in TW2.

AHA-Lambda

Jesus, Higurashi is slow! I've been reading for 2 hours so far and it's still just about what good chums they all are. I thought this was a thriller?!

Dr Dogg

Did you import a save?
It would be interesting to see if certain decisions in TW/TW2 dictated how your stats were for things like that in the beginning of TW3.

Still not sure exactly what importing my TW save did for me in TW2.

No as my clear saves for The Witcher 2 are somewhere on an old hard drive that I've been too lazy to find. There's apparently ways you can flag your choices from the past games by talking to certain people though but I've not come across any yet.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Jesus, Higurashi is slow! I've been reading for 2 hours so far and it's still just about what good chums they all are. I thought this was a thriller?!

You gotta build them relationships and normality of the world before you flip it on it's head yo. This is why the anime version of Umineko sucks since they cut it out completely.

Jawmuncher

No as my clear saves for The Witcher 2 are somewhere on an old hard drive that I've been too lazy to find. There's apparently ways you can flag your choices from the past games by talking to certain people though but I've not come across any yet.

You talk to one person Whom is unavoidable once you leave the first area. Pretty sure that's the only moment thus the save isn't really needed.

Tizoc

The stuff start going crazy once the
festival starts, or at least after it, just keep on reading
Isn't that game only the first chapter. I dunno if anything will happen. Might just be building blocks for later.

Reading up on the cheevos, it's similar to the ep. I played on my iPhone which had lots of whacko and creepy stuff going on.

Just keep reading mate...keep reading...

Uh...is that a spoiler? Cuz I've not finish Ep. 1 on my iPhone or overall yet :p

Knurek

God, the 8-bit levels in Rayman Legends are hurting me.
This is not how 8-bit is supposed to work... :\
At least I'm done with the Invasion levels, which are all Super Meat World bullshit thingies.
Just two 8-bits, Origin levels and I'm done... This is a massive game, 25+ hours.
(Well worth it despite the Blight)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just took a peak here but... good God, they still haven't added a toggle on/off for the fps ?

Yeah, a dedicated key bind would be nice. It's a little annoying when I load up a game and realise I forgot to disable the counter.

Tizoc

God, the 8-bit levels in Rayman Legends are hurting me.
This is not how 8-bit is supposed to work... :\
At least I'm done with the Invasion levels, which are all Super Meat World bullshit thingies.
Just two 8-bits, Origin levels and I'm done... This is a massive game, 25+ hours.
(Well worth it despite the Blight)

Meh they were do-able for me, they were 8-bit in the sense of the chiptunes mainly.

JaseC

Adding the free version [of Victory Command] to your account prevents you from purchasing the game. Looks like Valve's once again allowed devs to set certain apps to be ignored by Steam's licence cross-check.

This has been fixed. The devs even took my suggestion into account. ;)

victorycommands4pvl.jpg

Crap, I was playing through Life Is Strange EP3 and in the
diner when I tried to take the keys from the table,
I got instastuck in a rewind loop. I restarted from the checkpoint and lost pretty much the whole part of progress ;_;

JaseC

lemme guess, you talked them into making at least 3 additional apps
for every language

I just said that, ideally, I'd like to see the ignore flag (or whatever it is exactly) removed across the board so I could buy both editions for extra DLC apps. The free version comes with a three-unit pack, but the Gold Edition and Platinum Edition come with a six-unit and 12-unit pack, respectively, in addition to the Early Access Supporter pack (Gold Edition) and the Platinum Early Access Supporter pack (Platinum Edition).

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I never cared about +1 I only get games I intend to actually play at some point. Also started researching games for giveaways since InSane 2 didn't turn out to be a horror game.

I admit, when bundles first became a thing i got overzealous about buying all of them because, well, the idea of getting these ~$15 games for pennies on the dollar was really awesome. But then i found myself with stuff like Crayon Physics Deluxe and Velvet Assassin and I knew my life had taken a turn for the worst.

So the best thing that ever happened was the ability to hide games on Steam. Now, it's like that stuff never happened! I wish Sony had the same option for the PS+ games I've been piling up, too, because I can live just fine without seeing Titan Attacks! on my PS4.

Jawmuncher

I admit, when bundles first became a thing i got overzealous about buying all of them because, well, the idea of getting these ~$15 games for pennies on the dollar was really awesome. But then i found myself with stuff like Crayon Physics Deluxe and Velvet Assassin and I knew my life had taken a turn for the worst.

So the best thing that ever happened was the ability to hide games on Steam. Now, it's like that stuff never happened! I wish Sony had the same option for the PS+ games I've been piling up, too, because I can live just fine without seeing Titan Attacks! on my PS4.

Sums up my story as well. Did basically the same thing and now having hid everything I didn't want. The world is mended for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom