• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
just finished episode 3 of LiS

HO ... LY ... SHIT!!!!

that's all I'm gonna say ...

I bumped Textures to Ultra, Grass and Foliage to High and game still runs at 30 FPS :D Here are some HUD free screenshots. Remember this is just small opening area XD

I'm actually quite pleased my 2 560s run it with everything on high but grass, water, and pedestrians on medium. I have the hair turned off right now but might play with that later. It does help that I am not trying to push 1080p in my resolution. 1440x900 is fine as its the max my monitor will go. Still seeing these shots I do need to upgrade my GPUs sometime soon.

Lemma, which someone brought up here a few days ago, has a demo now.

Only had about 15 minutes to play around in the demo so far but that's enough to get the sense that it's good. Very good. The gamepad controls are tightened up a lot compared to the alpha build, if anyone else played that. It's pretty much just the move set from Mirror's Edge which is frankly what I hoped for. Wasn't planning on buying any other games this month other than bundle dross but if I do get it I'll post more impressions.

rtcn63

5 hours til I can experience LiS Ep. 3 @o@

In the mean time what is this clicker hero?

It's a The Last of Us DLC that revolves around a clicker who's partially regained his memories as a war veteran and inadvertently ends up aiding a small group of survivors in his home town.

Mokoi

Banned
I bumped Textures to Ultra, Grass and Foliage to High and game still runs at 30 FPS :D Here are some HUD free screenshots. Remember this is just small opening area XD
Smart question. Is there an ingame fps counter or you just using something else to tell how much fpsssss you getting?

But is there a Yeti?

tumblr_m60v7eRtho1qeepn2.gif

After seeing your gif I felt the urge to play skifree again. And I found this:

http://skifreeonline.com/

try to play the whole thing.

It's pretty clever.

Teggy

I had to go finish up LiS Ep 3 this morning because of all the near spoilers in this thread...

How did I not know there was a collectibles mode until now? Dontnod are smart. Is smart. Are smart. That company has smart people.

Khronico

Got up early this morning to start playing Witcher 3.

giphy.gif

1h30m in and this is a GOTY contender, easily.

It also runs really decent (always above 30fps) on my rig (Alpha i3 w/8gb RAM) and I have post processing settings maxed out with mostly all High graphics settings.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why is this Clicker Heroes thing popular?
Why am I playing it?
Why is it at the top of the Steam Played Charts, nearly.
Why am I playing it?
God help us all.

Got up early this morning to start playing Witcher 3.

giphy.gif

1h30m in and this is a GOTY contender, easily.

It also runs really decent (always above 30fps) on my rig (Alpha i3 w/8gb RAM) and I have post processing settings maxed out with mostly all High graphics settings.

You might want to post in this thread then. People are waiting for impressions. Someone with the i7 model posted theirs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So we're less than two weeks away from the June thread, so I thought I'd get a jump start on things and do the usual call for June recommendations. So far I've got:
  • Batman: Arkham Knight - Dr Dogg
  • Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - jshackles
There are some other great games coming out next month:
  • ARK: Survival Evolved Early Access
  • Universe Sandbox 2
  • F1 2015
  • Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
You can send me any recommendation for a game as long as it's being released on Steam in June, just PM me. However this month there is an exception as there is a game coming out that's more or less been banned from discussion on NeoGAF so I won't be considering recommendations for that particular game. Anything else is fine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
People like to be labrats, I guess?

You CAN export your "save' from Steam to the flash version for work.

OH GOD. I DON'T NEED AUTO-FARMING IN MY LIFE. WHYYYYYYY did I bother with this. D:

Turfster

And once you're done with playing Life is Strange episode 3, tomorrow you can get and start NEON STRUCT.

Bringing you quality gaming suggestions since 1988.

Teggy

Which is more doubly amazing cos Remember Me was ass.

I just went back and played Remember Me (I got about 50% done when it released) a couple of weeks ago. In the pantheon of actiony/platformy games Uncharted 2 is at the top for me. Enslaved is like a melee Uncharted with a crappy camera and less polish, but fun overall. Remember Me is a step below Enslaved because of its tiny environments. Combat is kind of simple, but the story and world is pretty good and the memory remix idea (eventually to be LiS) is cool. Recommended if you like the genre, but not a must play.

So we're less than two weeks away from the June thread, so I thought I'd get a jump start on things and do the usual call for June recommendations. So far I've got:
  • Batman: Arkham Knight - Dr Dogg
  • Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - jshackles
There are some other great games coming out next month:
  • ARK: Survival Evolved Early Access
  • Universe Sandbox 2
  • F1 2015
  • Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
You can send me any recommendation for a game as long as it's being released on Steam in June, just PM me. However this month there is an exception as there is a game coming out that's more or less been banned from discussion on NeoGAF so I won't be considering recommendations for that particular game. Anything else is fine.

I will fill DMC4SE's dark soul with light... if nobody else has volunteered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom